Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Heater Problems, And then some.

Hi guys, Main issue here is my heater simply doesnt work, went out just before winter but the blower been twitchy for a while but still runs.

Read on here that vectras tend to spring a leak into the footwells which is coolant, That happened round summer but thought was blocked duct (It was full of crap and the weather was terrible)

The car is a 03 plate 1.8LS. Been quoted "worse case" of £350 and was wondering if A. Thats worth it and B. If there is possibly an easy fix.

P.S. Im not loosing any coolant and engine temp is running fine, just no heat from the blower, at all, ever!

If thats not enough, I've got an annoying crunch from the suspension when going over lumps and bumps which i believe to be the antiroll bar bushes (droplink bushes) or something like that.
    Already had springs and shocks cause I was a little bit naughty when I first got the car and broke then doing silly things...
    (Tip: Vecta is no good on gravel/snow/ice)

And although it only happened twice a few days ago, My immob wouldn't disengage, Its not a problem im too worried about unless it starts happening again but any advice on what to look out for would be nice.

And last but not least, is there an easy way to get rid of the service indicator light, Its just annoying as i service the vehcile myself and cant turn it off.

Cheers in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

may be a faulty thermo stat?

and service lamp. hold down the milage re set button and turn the ign on while hiolding it down and it counts down for a re set.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers for the service interval help woody, As for the heating issue wouldn't have thought thermo since engine stays cool and there's water returning to the expansion tank... Or is there a second/seperate thermo for the heating system.

As per a thread I read on here after posting this I have checked the servo (little red arm under glovebox) and its fine, and as I said above there is water being pulled from the expansion tank and returned so the water pump's fine, there's also no problems with the engine overheating (even running idle on hot day)

Anymore quick checks appreciated guys, But will be handing it over to my tame mechanic tomorrow evening and see what he thinks.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry to double post on this guys... But just got back from garage and thought I'd close it up.

Heating issue was down to a dirty Matrix Box (Basically my mechanic flushed the whole coolant system and cleaned out the matrix twice apparently) But heater works great.
    Did cost me £80 for what was basically labour but not too fussed as was expecting alot worse.

As for the Immob issue I've been advised to invest in a new key before the current one cuts out completly as thats the problem... New battries or No the problems persist's.

The role linkages do have play as suspected but it's minimal and is of no concern but will cost £60 put right or be a good days work for myself.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hey all. just made a trip to manchester and just discovered that ive got no cold air coming out the vents no matter where the temp dial is. car only has normal a/c and is an 05 reg any ideas. thanks in advance.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi Vecsxi... as i posted above i found the problem to be the coolant system in general.

But the advice i got from here (cant find the thread) was to take glove box off (5 normal screws around the box... 3 under little plastic tabs) and look at the red servo arm. it should move up and down when you change from cold to hot.

If thats fine check the coolant expansion tank, their should be a good stream of water returning into the tank when running from the two small tubes near the top and you may also observe bubbling... (Open the tank while cool and before turning engine on.)

Im afraid thats all the advice i came up with before taking it to the garage, hopefully your as lucky as me and its an easy fix. gd luck.

Thread Information