Thread: Parking Advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Parking Advice

Recently, my next door neighbour's parking has been getting worse.

They're a Polish couple, only really speak to the chap, but it's more in passing than having a conversation. The problem is his girlfriend.

He used to park next to me which was fine, but now they've swapped around (for no reason as far as I can see) and tonight I've just been out and seen the worse yet:

I've recently noticed 2 parking dings in my passenger rear door, both silver in colour so it doesn't take a detective to work out where they came from. I'm not too bothered as they've not dented the door, just a transfer of paint so it will polish off.

HOWEVER, my Honda Prelude show car will be back from 6 weeks (and £2000) at the bodyshop next week and this is where it is to be parked, and should even a tiny scratch appear on it I will go bezerk.

They both go out to work before I'm even out of bed, and don't normally return until I'm settled in for the night so can't be bothered to get up and go outside to speak to him.

How should I best approach this?

Sensible advice please, last thing I want to do is p!55 them off and have my Prelude at risk of malicious damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Quote Originally Posted by Gayno View Post

Sensible advice please, last thing I want to do is p!55 them off and have my Prelude at risk of malicious damage.

Is there no where else to park you Prelude?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We do have a second space, which I may use instead, but that means my gf having to park here and struggling to get in/out of the car and parking up.

The point I need to get across to them is to be considerate in parking. I've watched her before, she just drives up, turns in and leaves it where she stops.

One day I got home and had to knock the door to get her to move it over as I couldn't physically get the Signum into the space.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

mate i have or had same thing at my mums but they would park over drive. the best thing to do is park your beloved car in between yours anf your gf's car so only you two can damage it or maybe rent a garage and stick it in there. if you live in a flat as that looks like flat parking spots send that pic to who ever owns them and say this happens every night and they can sort it. or leave a note saying leave a gap apart from that theres not much you can do............or you will just get more and more angry and do something silly as my dad did

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Should have explained parking situation!!

We're in a private (but not gated) courtyard with a row of 5 terraced houses down each side. The parking spaces are right out front of the house and each house has 2 spaces each.

When the Prelude gets back the Signum will be parked out on the road (very quiet cul-de-sac).

I'm not an angry or violent person, but get annoyed by something like this that takes just a little consideration to resolve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have a word with him and see if you can get them to swap back so he parks next to you. Also it goes down well if you can even say hello in Polish or something - might break the ice a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

If they're allocated spaces, you could try marking your out with spraypaint, then if they park way to close, take pics and show them. Or, everytime they do it, knock on door and say you can't get in/out of car without damaging theirs, can they sort it out.
    Hard one, we've been in two places now where parking tight, know what you mean about not making it worse.
    Another thought, if the man likes cars, try talking to him and bring into conversation that you have a show car, back soon after £0000's spent on it, if he likes cars he may be interested and cut you some slack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would just talk to the bloke and tell him your a bit worried with her parking close, so close its difficult to get into your car and the last thing you want to do is damage their car. That way it seems your looking out for them and they may take some more consideration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

^^ what that man said in those words, realy playing devils advicate, they have parked in the lines and have left enough room for the driver to get out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Tell her to apply for a uk licence and learn how to park would be my approach as I personally can't stand folk who think it's acceptable to park so close! However it's not the best of things to do, so maybe just a quick word in the guys ear, explain that your car recently recieved a few dents, your not saying it's them, but there parking is f**king out of order! Failing that get a fence or wall put up?

G

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information