User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Vectra C - Z18XE Engine Number Sequence....

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Wingfield, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C Hatchback Facelift

    Trim : Club

    Engine : Z18XE

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : 100085

    confused Vectra C - Z18XE Engine Number Sequence....

    Can anyone kindly point me in the right direction re. Start & Finish of engine numbers for this engine in the C... (& Signum??)

    Reason I ask is I'm about to change the cam belt with a Gates kit & have visited Gates Europe web site to check what I need to be sure I get the right one for the car from a local motor factors....

    Our 55 reg facelift Vectra C has the Z18XE pre VVT engine fitted & is
    just over 5 years old & 48K+ miles which we got with 3933 miles on the clock & 8 months old.

    The Service book advises a cambelt change @ 6 years or 60K miles...

    Gates Europe site advises their -

    Kit number KO 25499XS for engine numbers upto 20EK2285 &
    Kit number KO 35499XS for engine numbers from 20EK2286...

    with the Micro V belt given as 5PK 1240XS for both ranges.

    Our 55 reg facelift Vectra C has the Z18XE pre VVT engine fitted & the

    Engine Number is 20GH0020 & alphabetically would appear to be after :

    20EK2286 & thus requiring kit no KO 35499XS & micro V belt 5PK 1240XS...........

    However it appears to be fitted with Micro V belt 5PK 1255....

    If any of you techies out there can help I'd be grateful

    Thanks....
    Last edited by Tony W; 27th January 2011 at 13:14.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tyneside
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    The aux drivebelt no indicates the length i.e. 5PK 1240XS is 5 point 1240mm long. If you have a 5PK 1255 fitted then a 5PK 1240 is too short and will not fit. I have a Z18XE engine on an 03 plate and buy timing kits from Autovaux, genuine Vauxhall parts (manufactured by Gates). All they require is reg no to identify kit.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Wingfield, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C Hatchback Facelift

    Trim : Club

    Engine : Z18XE

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : 100085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tridley View Post
    The aux drivebelt no indicates the length i.e. 5PK 1240XS is 5 point 1240mm long. If you have a 5PK 1255 fitted then a 5PK 1240 is too short and will not fit. I have a Z18XE engine on an 03 plate and buy timing kits from Autovaux, genuine Vauxhall parts (manufactured by Gates). All they require is reg no to identify kit.
    Thanks mate....appreciate your comments but was only of thinking of changing that one as well as VX don't advise any time or mileage.....but I'm more interested in the cam belt kit reference in respect of my engine number .......Interestingly what kit number & micro V belt number was right for your 1.8...

    Cheers

  4. #4
    Regular Member Das's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Yer Maws Bedroom
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Honda Civic

    Trim : SE,Panoramic Roof and Power Mirrors

    Engine : 1.8 iVtec

    Year : 2009

    Mileage : 65500

    Default

    Sorry not much help here. I bought a genuine VX timing belt kit for my z18xe, I bought mine off ebay for basically half the price it is at the dealers. My engine number is 20CR, so id assume that you would work in an alphabetical order too, yours being the latter number.

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Cambe...m#ht_500wt_949

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Wingfield, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C Hatchback Facelift

    Trim : Club

    Engine : Z18XE

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : 100085

    confused

    Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    Sorry not much help here. I bought a genuine VX timing belt kit for my z18xe, I bought mine off ebay for basically half the price it is at the dealers. My engine number is 20CR, so id assume that you would work in an alphabetical order too, yours being the latter number.

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Cambe...m#ht_500wt_949
    Cheers Mate...comment appreciated...thought Gates Europe Web would be the place to look to make sure I got the right kit & micro V belt numbers...

    Bl**dy difficult sometimes to get information about parts that fit 'our cars'...eh'

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Regular Member Das's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Yer Maws Bedroom
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Honda Civic

    Trim : SE,Panoramic Roof and Power Mirrors

    Engine : 1.8 iVtec

    Year : 2009

    Mileage : 65500

    Default

    Just had a quick look on Eurocarparts, and they only list one Belt for the z18xe.

    Can you email gates with your engine number and ask them to double check which one you need?

  7. #7
    Regular Member mxt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    J17 M6 Sandbach, Cheshire.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    My car is register May 2004 Z18XE - 20CY6065 if that is any help to you sorting out code sequence

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Wingfield, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C Hatchback Facelift

    Trim : Club

    Engine : Z18XE

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : 100085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    Just had a quick look on Eurocarparts, and they only list one Belt for the z18xe.

    Can you email gates with your engine number and ask them to double check which one you need?
    Hi again Das.....Did just that a couple o' days or so back...no response to date from 'em.

    I can always hope. eh'

    Interestingly Vauxhall World Parts have just emailed me with a part number for the Mico V belt...5PK 1245....

    That's 3 x different numbers so far.....

    Cheers

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Luton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    The Z18XE engine was built at a single production plant, Szentgotthard. This plant has a code of '20' and appears at the start of the engine serial number.
    The first engine off the production line was '20P88010' and was built in June 2000 . The engine number progression sequence is...

    20 000001
    20 999999
    20 A00001
    20 A99999
    20 Z99999
    20 AA0001
    20 AA9999
    20 AB0001 etc

    If there is any number other than '20' at the start of the serial number it is a mistake.

    From a OE service perspective there is only 1 belt for this engine PN 24451895 or there is a kit 93185845 with improved tensioner and roller design. These fit all Vecra-C / Signum.

    Hope this helps!

  10. #10
    Regular Member Tam80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dundee-Motherwell
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I cdti View Post
    The Z18XE engine was built at a single production plant, Szentgotthard. This plant has a code of '20' and appears at the start of the engine serial number.
    The first engine off the production line was '20P88010' and was built in June 2000 . The engine number progression sequence is...

    20 000001
    20 999999
    20 A00001
    20 A99999
    20 Z99999
    20 AA0001
    20 AA9999
    20 AB0001 etc

    If there is any number other than '20' at the start of the serial number it is a mistake.

    From a OE service perspective there is only 1 belt for this engine PN 24451895 or there is a kit 93185845 with improved tensioner and roller design. These fit all Vecra-C / Signum.

    Hope this helps!
    Which Takes You Back To The Link DasArab Posted Up


    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Cambe...m#ht_500wt_949

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Z18XE Engine - GM Oil Filter Part Number
    By wafoo in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th June 2012, 11:31
  2. z18xe engine
    By winnie2457 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th March 2010, 23:39
  3. Correct oil for Z18XE engine
    By Bobtroll in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24th April 2009, 19:52
  4. vectra engine number
    By Dean82 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 4th July 2008, 09:48
  5. VIN & Engine Number Lacation on Vectra
    By nickabbott2008 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15th May 2008, 23:43

Visitors found this page by searching for:

z18xe aux belt length

z18xe 1989 engine number

vauxhall z18ex engine number

z18xe engine serial number

z18xe number engine

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •