Thread: vectra c sri estate never again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by clyde View Post
    had our 08 sri cdti 40.00 miles stunning in black with tinted windows for a little over a month now and its pants! appaling service from Arnold Clark stirling (toyota).A sri spec with nothing in it, not even air con, basic radio cd30 and a £530 to upgrade with mp3.Rides so hard the cd player jumps. Steering vibrates at 70ish after numerous tries to remedy it, seems to be common fault, lights are so bad takes the wifes car if its dark. mpg is pants went 500 yards and the distance to empty dropped by 8 miles,different setting change gear and goes back to 999 miles pain in the ass. had my dog in boot and he fell through both of the storge bins, driver mirror won't adjust up or down. and the gear knob fell of. all this in one month christ what will it be in 6 months.

for sale one bag of ****
    Hi Clyde, seems to be a few things out in your post.
    1. ALL Sri's have air conditioning - upper left button from the temp control.
    2. Harsh ride, hmmm mine is an SRI too and the CD doesn't jump, but it IS an SRI after all which comes with the stiffer set up, maybe should have purchased a different level model.
    3. Steering shake at 70, I'd suspect this is your front shocker upper mount bearings - a simple £80 fix from your local mechanic. Won't be balancing etc as this generally occurs in stages of 40mph.
    4. mpg- you have the setting on 'instant' rather than 'average', read your manual on how to adjust - when you dip your clutch or remove your foot from the gas, you will use no fuel whatsoever therefore showing 999.9 mpg.
    5. Drivers mirror, go back to the dealer you just bought it from for a free repair - did you not notice this before you bought it??
    Last edited by Big-Pete; 24th January 2011 at 19:32. Reason: Swear filter bypass in quote

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Quote Originally Posted by Vectralicker View Post
    Im sorry I cant just stand back and watch you tear strips of Arnold Clark
    They are a fantastic service provider and always give true, honest advice.
    I cant even say that they have ever had to sort a problem for me, as i have never had one single issue, ever.

Infact, I recently wrote to my local councellor praising the efforts and dedication from my local Arnold Clark garage.

I have never experienced better service!

yours

A Clark

My first car was an M reg Cavilier in 1999. It was MOTd that morning when i collected it.
    Master fit Dalgety Bay were doing a free Winter health check the next day so I took my car down.

33 faults were discovered including yet not limited too:
    No, NO brake fluid in the car
    Anti roll bar pin was burst on passenger side
    Discs at less than 20%
    PETROL leak
    NO REVERSE LIGHTS
    Extremely fraid hand brake cable

If thats what passes as an MOT in Clark land then thank you no!

Sorry your having issues buddy and hope you get it all sorted

Sorry for laughing but that did bring a smilie to my face there, the first bit obviously, not the bit about no brake fluid
    Last edited by Big-Pete; 24th January 2011 at 19:33. Reason: Editied quote, Not needed..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    Sorry for laughing but that did bring a smilie to my face there, the first bit obviously, not the bit about no brake fluid
    True story
    When I had just passed my test and was out looking for a car i took my mums Nova 1.4 Luxe saloon (in Mexico red) to Arnolds Dunfermline showroom. Whilst chatting to the sales man this midget type white haired fellow appears asking whos is the Nova.
    " he said, I cant get passed it (god knows why as it was in a legitimate space) "give me your keys", the salesman was like, "give them to him"
    God knows whyI did, but I did. Anyway he appeared a minute later and dumped the keys on my lap and disappeared.

I eventually left the garage and when i get home my mum says, "what have you done to the car?!"
    Back bumper was all cracked and split!

Poor old Arnie, I hear he doesny keep well these days

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Hes not all that bad, my next door neebour is a Mechanic at the one in Livingston, I get half price MOT's and £20 for an air con recharge cant be bad either

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was going to suggest that there's a simple test for whether the car has air conditioning or not - see how many "radiators" it has; there should be 3 - engine radiator, intercooler and air conditioning condenser; is it easy to see all three on the facelift though?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Perhaps the Rack Ends are worn, No amount of balancing would fix mine & at 70 ish is where it would start & get worse ...

There was a v slight bit of play that could be felt though when pulling & pushing the wheel side to side whilst it was jacked up & someone was holding the steering wheel to stop that moving slightly ....

Good Motor factors can supply these.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-VECTR...-/170351625844
    Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

when we had pointed out the vibration probs we had noticed that the nearside had been kerbed but was assured that it was fine ,front wheels were put on the back and rebalanced but shake is still there.

like others on here i had herd many bad experances regarding ac but having never dealt with them before i thought maybe it can't be that bad. during the test drive the gear knob came off in the sales rep hand don't worry that will fixed before you collect the car, she said, some minor scuffs on the front bumper but the white undercoat was visable put me off the car again was assured they would be painted. picked the car up i got 5 mile down the road onto the motorway when the gearknob came off and the shaking stated around 75mph. phoned when i got in and suggested that i take it to woods at west calder to fix the gearknob as they are only few miles away, and was gobsmacked when they told that the gearknob is part of the trim which is only covered under for the first year of warrenty and would cost £200 to fix i phoned AC and asked if they would pay for the repair. no take it to AC Nissan livingston, guess what they gave me tube of glue from b&q. i'm sorry but i can only judge on the service what i have received so far.

oh remember the scuffs that were repainted. all they have done was to use a touch up crayon which washed off .

i think i have earned the right to vent of at Arnold Clark

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

Trim : Turbo Edition

Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

Year : 2010

Mileage : 137000

You certainly do, so in hindsight it may not be the cars as suck but a total crapper of a dealer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

when we had pointed out the vibration probs we had noticed that the nearside had been kerbed but was assured that it was fine ,front wheels were put on the back and rebalanced but shake is still there.

like others on here i had herd many bad experances regarding ac but having never dealt with them before i thought maybe it can't be that bad. during the test drive the gear knob came off in the sales rep hand don't worry that will fixed before you collect the car, she said, some minor scuffs on the front bumper but the white undercoat was visable put me off the car again was assured they would be painted. picked the car up i got 5 mile down the road onto the motorway when the gearknob came off and the shaking stated around 75mph. phoned when i got in and suggested that i take it to woods at west calder to fix the gearknob as they are only few miles away, and was gobsmacked when they told that the gearknob is part of the trim which is only covered under for the first year of warrenty and would cost £200 to fix i phoned AC and asked if they would pay for the repair. no take it to AC Nissan livingston, guess what they gave me tube of glue from b&q. i'm sorry but i can only judge on the service what i have received so far.

oh remember the scuffs that were repainted. all they have done was to use a touch up crayon which washed off .

you definately do sir and I think you need to take them to the cleaners, but it's no fault of the car is it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c

Trim : SRI Estate

Engine : 1.8 VVTI

Year : 06

Raised my lights one or two full turns ( cannot remember which ) with a 6mm/8mm allen key ( again, cannot remember which ) through the yellow socket on top of the lights. Much better, don't dazzle oncoming traffic and still passed the MOT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information