Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default suggestions for a new car

me and the mrs have decided that we only want one car rather than 2, the vectra is too big for her, but the corsa is too small for us to be 1 car with just the corsa. We need something that feels small to drive but is larger, if that makes sense? I'm partially tempted by an astra diesel, but we had a petrol one before which i was dissapointed by.
    has anyone other recommendations for what cars could come into a suitable car, I think Astra sized would be best for what we need, so what would people recommend? we'll have a budget for whatever we can sell the vectra 1.9 cdti (55 reg 84k), and Corsa 1.4 (57 reg 10k)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXi

Engine : 2.2

Honda civic 2.2 cdti (06-on)55mpg boot space of 480 litres (Only 5litres smaller then vec) they are near enough same size as vectra but somehow feel smaller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by the_wave_rider View Post
    Honda civic 2.2 cdti (06-on)55mpg boot space of 480 litres (Only 5litres smaller then vec) they are near enough same size as vectra but somehow feel smaller.
    i saw a couple of these well within what we can get for our 2 cars, but was nervy of it being a 2.2 really, might have to make a trip down to the honda garage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sup it all comes down to taste and price in the end mate wen i got rid of the elite i was looking at corsa vxrs but i drove my sisters 2 kids cars they have a corsa each and i just didnt like the drive i have had a good few astras i end up went the megane route and got a 1.6 megane low ins low running costs etc and so far im loving it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by hoochydady View Post
    sup it all comes down to taste and price in the end mate wen i got rid of the elite i was looking at corsa vxrs but i drove my sisters 2 kids cars they have a corsa each and i just didnt like the drive i have had a good few astras i end up went the megane route and got a 1.6 megane low ins low running costs etc and so far im loving it
    have you had the megane long? i like them, but i'm really weary of Renaults having had a couple of bad ones! what age is yours and have you had much problems?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have only had it 4 months but its been well ok in that bad weather we had not long ago with the snow and deep freeze and started fine in -17 when alot of cars in my street wouldnt my bro owns a insig now but he owned a megane for 4 years no problems with it i owned my elite for 8 months in that time i found out the car was clocked, i hear vauxhalls are the easyest of them all to clock by the way, the timing chain was rattling its bum off the gearbox was peeing oil not a lot of power low down in the rev range poss hp pump on its way out oh and the fuel regulator changed under recall the true miles i found out was 49 k not the 22k it said on the dash,it was a 07, my megane is a 57 plate its not wow fast lol but it gets you to where yo want to go oh and i can get the roof down in the summer if we have 1 lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have only had it 4 months but its been well ok in that bad weather we had not long ago with the snow and deep freeze and started fine in -17 when alot of cars in my street wouldnt my bro owns a insig now but he owned a megane for 4 years no problems with it i owned my elite for 8 months in that time i found out the car was clocked, i hear vauxhalls are the easyest of them all to clock by the way, the timing chain was rattling its bum off the gearbox was peeing oil not a lot of power low down in the rev range poss hp pump on its way out oh and the fuel regulator changed under recall the true miles i found out was 49 k not the 22k it said on the dash,it was a 07, my megane is a 57 plate its not wow fast lol but it gets you to where yo want to go oh and i can get the roof down in the summer if we have 1 lol
    there is a renault dealer just up the road, and got 4 1.6 meganes on there website, 2 5drs, and 2 estates, tempted to pop up there and have a look cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

you do hear a lot of horror storys about renaults but then agian look at some of the storys on here lol what i would say is take your time drive a few dif makes of car and then make your mind up as there is good and bad in ever make of car mate best of luck with the sales of the cars and the car hunting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXi

Engine : 2.2

you do hear a lot of horror storys about renaults but then agian look at some of the storys on here lol what i would say is take your time drive a few dif makes of car and then make your mind up as there is good and bad in ever make of car mate best of luck with the sales of the cars and the car hunting
    Gf has a renualt hard top convertible now and had a soft top one before that it had 156k on the clock and the 4 years she had it it never missed a beat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

zafira vxr/gsi. mpv with 7 seats and lots of power.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information