User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The end is here

Staffordshire (used to be Newark) And Back to Newark again!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default The end is here

Well first of all, Thanks for the help over time but now is time to say goodbye,

I needed a 7 seater as to my suprise the vectra wont allow 3 car seats in the rear, you would think the next choice whould have been the zafira but to be fair after owning the vectra I will never own a vauxhall ever again (bare with me here this isnt just a vx slagging rant) but the customer service from vx after the car is out of waranty is what I think is disgusting and the problems Ive had with the car well here goes .....

its due its 3rd steering rack,
    suspension is really bad and actually puts me off driving anywhere
    theres a loud clanging coming from the front end on steering yet no garage has come to a conclusion on so given up here,
    upper control arms replaced,
    oil pressure sensor
    wiper linkage failed
    climate control centre button has to be pressed REALLY hard to make it work,
    the paint quality is that of a 5 year old child and a flick can,
    rust on the passenger doors
    head lights are pathetic.
    fuel pipe in engine bay split at 3rd cylinder.
    the car genrally wanders all over the road.
    Wiring loom to drivers side rear door just split 2 wires (perfect break no rubbing)

However being a 2.2 dti diesel i am impressed with the engine for an oil burner it goes well, very well, it would happily do 135 on a good day (private road ) and it has out paced a few things i would never have thought it could.

So all in all I now own a V70 t5 older than my vec but feels a million times better.

Just out of curiosty has anyone else had this many problems with theirs??

Mine is a 2.2 dti elite 2004

Again thankyou to those that have helped in the past though it has been much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Sorry to hear of your troubles m8. Hope the new motor gives you better reliability.

its due its 3rd steering rack, - Makes you wonder was it a problem in the first place?
    suspension is really bad and actually puts me off driving anywhere - Poor tracking and worn bushes.
    theres a loud clanging coming from the front end on steering yet no garage has come to a conclusion on so given up here, - Possibly no spring seats in the suspension.
    upper control arms replaced - wear
    oil pressure sensor - wear/weak part
    wiper linkage failed - Common fault
    climate control centre button has to be pressed REALLY hard to make it work, - mine are like that too.
    the paint quality is that of a 5 year old child and a flick can - yeah some are poor
    rust on the passenger doors -Not good.
    head lights are pathetic. - they are worse
    fuel pipe in engine bay split at 3rd cylinder. - odd one
    the car genrally wanders all over the road - worn bushes
    Wiring loom to drivers side rear door just split 2 wires (perfect break no rubbing) another odd one.

Gazza4

Staffordshire (used to be Newark) And Back to Newark again!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

wear and tear I can live with, but annoyingly my milage is all motorway, but I dont expect a car to live forever without needing anything (as nice it would be )

Rack issue first one was just wear but this one is down to poor fitting so technically its not the cars fault but non the less it happened and cost me, now Im stuck with a car that a refuse to sell to anyone as I wouldnt want it on my consience but worth too much to scrap, dilema eh??

To be fair would have maybe kept it a little longer and sorted problems out myself but dont have the time and the problems Ive had in the past with it has left me with no passion for it, plan was to get an evo (dream car) but my mrs only went and got pregnant (knew I should have took a better sky tv package lol) so the evo dream was dashed, only being 28 I figured I was too young for a moon bus and the only quick moon bus I could think of was a gsi or vxr zafira but fear the poor build quality like the vectra, so met halfway and got the t5 just happends to be chipped and has 7 seats but dont use them as that fold down centre child seat is sheer brilliance and its leather too, so now I have nearly 300 naughty neddys under my bonnet and the dump valve (only standard but still gives a good whoosh annoys the life out of my mrs haha)

Im noticing a pattern here with police car looking cars im buying
    Last edited by craigbarlow18; 19th January 2011 at 02:57.

spoons

Good luck with your new car

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by craigbarlow18 View Post
    Well first of all, Thanks for the help over time but now is time to say goodbye,

customer service from vx after the car is out of waranty is what I think is disgusting and the problems Ive had with the car well here goes .....

its due its 3rd steering rack,
    suspension is really bad and actually puts me off driving anywhere
    theres a loud clanging coming from the front end on steering yet no garage has come to a conclusion on so given up here,
    upper control arms replaced,
    oil pressure sensor
    wiper linkage failed
    climate control centre button has to be pressed REALLY hard to make it work,
    the paint quality is that of a 5 year old child and a flick can,
    rust on the passenger doors
    head lights are pathetic.
    fuel pipe in engine bay split at 3rd cylinder.
    the car genrally wanders all over the road.
    Wiring loom to drivers side rear door just split 2 wires (perfect break no rubbing)

Again thankyou to those that have helped in the past though it has been much appreciated.
    I have just gone from a Volvo S60 d5 se to a signum 2.0t Design,
    I must admit that the overall feeling of the s60 was way above the signum's unfortunatly so were the parts prices
    Items I had replaced were -
    Intercooler /common problem £560
    Steering rack £820
    clutch due to bearing leak £700
    2 months later DMF £760
    New instrument cluster £550
    Climate control unit loosing its lights £460
    Bargain.
    The problem with Volvo is that you can't use any of the elec parts from another car not even a window switch & they can't be divorced to be reused.
    See the link + lots of good info on this site.
    http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=40948

Thread Information