Thread: Help Please needed on 1.9 cdti 150

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Help Please needed on 1.9 cdti 150

Ive got a couple of issues to sort out on my Vectra!

I did put a new hub on the car no genuine part but the wheel bearing is ok but the sensor is not working for some reason. Have connected it, changed the wire from the plug to the next sate with brand new genuine and still dont work. Mate of mine that works for a vauxhall plugged in tech 2 and no fault showing but there are no reading from the sensor, ABS light is on, tested this by having it plugged in and reversed and went forward all other sensor did show reading.
    Now I have read a few peps on here just bought the genuine one and put it in. I hav also thought of putting the old sensor bu it was crackd when I took it out.

The other issue which I am left baffled is the Left hand side of the engine I think is the high pressure fuel pump, well its leaking fuel as this can be smelt in the car and can feel fuel when swiped with hands.
    Is it the fuel pump ?
    and is there a fix or is it a replacement jobbie!!
    Also when driving and if I put my foot down it would go on limp mode but stop and start would solve it temporarily. I dont know if this has anything to do with the boost pipes
    Would the pressure regulator be the culprit which I have just changed on the landrover discovery td5 and it was a ****** to do but did fix the probs.
    I am new to the fixing the vauxhall part malarky so not as confident as to fixing the landrover.

Any help would be much appreciated !!

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Quote Originally Posted by Trist78 View Post
    The other issue which I am left baffled is the Left hand side of the engine I think is the high pressure fuel pump, well its leaking fuel as this can be smelt in the car and can feel fuel when swiped with hands.
    Is it the fuel pump ?
    When you say left hand side can I presume you are standing in front of the car looking right at the engine? Hence it is on the driver's side of the engine? May not be the fuel pump - could be worn injector seals or the fuel filter hasn't been fitted properly after a service. Where exactly is the fuel sitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Trist78 View Post
    Also when driving and if I put my foot down it would go on limp mode but stop and start would solve it temporarily. I dont know if this has anything to do with the boost pipes
    Would the pressure regulator be the culprit which I have just changed on the landrover discovery td5 and it was a ****** to do but did fix the probs.
    I am new to the fixing the vauxhall part malarky so not as confident as to fixing the landrover.
    Yip sounds like a split boost pipe or a split intercooler. It could be that the boost sensor needs cleaning and the EGR valve - these two go hand in hand with performance issues. If the suggestions I made turn out to be wrong then it could be the fuel pump but it is rare for it to go on these engines.

Gazza4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vauxhall vivaro

Trim : Basic

Engine : 1.9

Year : 2004

are you getting voltage reading at the sensor?

sorry cant be of much more help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza4 View Post
    When you say left hand side can I presume you are standing in front of the car looking right at the engine? Hence it is on the driver's side of the engine? May not be the fuel pump - could be worn injector seals or the fuel filter hasn't been fitted properly after a service. Where exactly is the fuel sitting?

Yeap Drivers side, well ill try and describe im away from home at the mo and i cant take pictures.
    If it was the fuel pump its seaping underneath where all th pipes are going in out. I think underneath the FP theres a little bit fuel definately standing there.

Yip sounds like a split boost pipe or a split intercooler. It could be that the boost sensor needs cleaning and the EGR valve - these two go hand in hand with performance issues. If the suggestions I made turn out to be wrong then it could be the fuel pump but it is rare for it to go on these engines.

Did clean the egr valve
    What makes me say the boost pipe, it would hold for a bit then just loose the boost hope its not the latter as in intercooler!!

How easy itto fix the pump can it be recondition or does it have to be replaced??
    Thanks
    Gazza4

Thanks for the quick reply Gazza

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by CritchvxD View Post
    are you getting voltage reading at the sensor?

sorry cant be of much more help

I have put a meter to it!!

But when it was checked on the tech 2 it wasnt registering any reading but I thought that would normally tell you if there ws an open circuit when the the tech 2 is attached?

and it didnt give any fault reading !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Had a problem with my n/s sensor traced the wiring that goes behind the plastic trim under the wheel arch and the blue wire had broken. ( brown and blue wires in a plastic tube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Dude View Post
    Had a problem with my n/s sensor traced the wiring that goes behind the plastic trim under the wheel arch and the blue wire had broken. ( brown and blue wires in a plastic tube.

Thanks for the reply ill have a go at it over the weekend

Any ideas about the fuel leak

Thread Information