Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Angry NOT the end to a perfect day

Well bl00dy hell!!!!!

Spent a fab day the the seaside with the kids today - lovely weather, fish and chips in the sun etc. Driving home, passed our local Vauxhall dealer (where we bought my Astra and Drinky's Veccy) and pulled onto the forecourt to have a little browse around a pretty little SXi which had caught my eye.

As we pulled in, there were two salesmen standing by the front door of the sales ofice, who had definitely noticed us. We spent about 15 minutes padding around the cars, weighing up the practicalilty of the 3 - door model.

Decided it was home time - only to find out that the stupid ******s had put the forecourt barriers up, locking our car in the bl00dy place!!!!! Spent a few moments trying to see if we could lift the securty bollards, before giving up and ringing around friends to come and collect me and the kids and take us home. Drinky is in a panic about leaving his baby locked in there, due to the number of idiots round there who may decide to 'modify' it - also the worry about whether the insurance covers it if it gets damaged/broken into when it is parked up in this location.

We called the police who were very pleasant but said there was nothing they could do other than ask their patrol to keep an eye out if they are passing overnight, but that other than this they couldn't help.

Grrr!!!! I am SOOOO mad - I wouldn't have minded, but they flippin well SAW us come in, and it would have taken them 2 minutes to say 'we are actually just closing up for the night'!!!!!!!!

They have definitely missed out on a sale there, I can tell you!! And they will have the whole lot of us banging on their door first thing in the morning!!! Thank God I wasn't on my own with the kids, and that I had a mate to come and pick us up, other wise we would have had a LONG walk home!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Bl**dy idots! About sums up the Vx dealerships!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hope your car is okay ...

Out of interest, which dealership in Cheshire did this happen?

Denzo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by denzo
    Hope your car is okay ...

Out of interest, which dealership in Cheshire did this happen?

Denzo

Major Vauxhall dealership in Northwich. Not naming names at this stage!

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not good - what a couple of muppets! Give them absolute hell tomorrow. Oh, and take Drinky with you as well. From the photos I've seen of him he'll scare the s**t out of them when they see him!!

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just says it all about vx dealers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Any update on this?? Has Drinky got is car back, has Mrs D got her 2 pound of flesh out of the salesmen..... I like a good cliffhanger, but you can't keep us in suspense for too long!!!!!!!!

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ditto!!

Vectra-C Obsessed Poster Drinky's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

OK - here we go -

Well, Drinky went back this morning, all guns blazing!!!! Fortunately, no harm had come to the Veccy. The sales guy who had locked us in said that he hadn't noticed we were there........although oddly enough, did seem to remember seeing us driving in (?!?!?!?!) As soon as Drinky mentioned that they had lost themselves a sale, the guys went into overdrive trying to do us a deal on the SXi!!!!

The main thing putting me off the SXi we had looked at was the cost of changing my private plate over, and the dealer actually offered to cover the cost of this!!! Ha Ha!!

Left me with a bit of a dilemma whether to change and buy the SXi - but I think I will leave it alone - although it has the seats, alloys and spoiler I am after, I would lose all the little bits I can't take off - fuel cap cover, chrome mirror trims, chrome gear and heater control trims, which we can't get off, and would have to fork out cash to replace. More bother than it's worth, and not the lovely Silver Lightning colour either, which I really love on my existing car.

It's funny though - they are desperate for me to have it and have phoned us twice times already this morning!!!! The last thing they said was to go away and think about what would make me give them the deal!!!! (Hmmm - the filler cap cover and heater and door mirror trims methinks!!)

I reckon I will leave well alone though - I'd rather enjoy tidying mine up myself rather than buying one already done. Good fun making the dealers fall over themselves to try and make us happy though!!!! I reckon they will check the forecourt very carefully from now on before they lock up!!!

Back in a V6 !!!!!!!!!!!! And lovin it !!!

North West on the Staffordshire/Cheshire Border
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Having had first hand experience of just how some VX dealers have complete idiots working for them im surprised you didnt get back to your car to find a huge "Offer Of The Week" sticker on the window with a price underneath!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information