User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is it with people now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9CDTi

Year : 2005

Mileage : Lots

Default What the hell is it with people now?

Right just been out doing a favour for one of my friend who needs a photoshoot doing for school. Been looking round the local industrial estates. Just coming home, turning left onto a 30mph road, first car went by but because I was still rolling, I didn't stop for the second because there was quite a large gap so I booted it instead. Up to just over 30. This tool in a Mondeo that must have been doing a HELL of a lot more than that roared up behind, swung out to the right, completely ignoring the fact I was indicating right because my turning had come up (it's a short distance from where I exited), dived back in, went round the other side and felt the need to bang his horn as he went past.

I will admit, I misjudged his speed, I didn't expect him to be doing what must have been about 50 on a 30 road. Is this common? I've covered a few thousand miles but I've never seen driving like it. Unreal.

I'm well ****ed off, was having a crap day as it was running round for people just went out to do this as a favour now at night with nobody around and this moron appeared.

Sigh. Rant over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra-C

Trim : SRi XP2 Nav

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2008

All to common these days, too many muppet drivers on the road. I wouldn't lose any sleep over them, lifes too short.

spoons

To be fair... and your probably tired after a long day...

But if you were merrily ripping up the tarmac and someone pulled out in front of you then slowed you down to turn right it would hack you off.

Just better off get a mug of hot chocolate and be glad your home safe

Please dont shoot me and I hope someone thanked you for your efforts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

anybody noticed how fast people are going round islands , especially big motorway junctions ones , you just decide there is nothing coming and your gonna pull out when some tw@t comes flying round at what seems to be about 60 mph on a racing line absoluty flying , how can you judge when to pull out when there coming at you at that speed

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by markmac21 View Post
    anybody noticed how fast people are going round islands , especially big motorway junctions ones , you just decide there is nothing coming and your gonna pull out when some tw@t comes flying round at what seems to be about 60 mph on a racing line absoluty flying , how can you judge when to pull out when there coming at you at that speed
    Yeah..... if you go fast enough nobody else can get on the roundabout, have it all to yourself for the day

On a seperate note:-- I noticed you call them Islands.... which is what I do sometimes but keep getting corrected that they are roundabouts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9CDTi

Year : 2005

Mileage : Lots

Quote Originally Posted by OPC View Post
    All to common these days, too many muppet drivers on the road. I wouldn't lose any sleep over them, lifes too short.
    This is true, just one of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    To be fair... and your probably tired after a long day...

But if you were merrily ripping up the tarmac and someone pulled out in front of you then slowed you down to turn right it would hack you off.

Just better off get a mug of hot chocolate and be glad your home safe

Please dont shoot me and I hope someone thanked you for your efforts
    Well I got a call off my drunk out of her mind best friend to tell me she loved me and I quote "you're like a *blerrrgh* God to me you know". That was probably followed by some more throwing up.

Oh I have no problem with people going for a blast around, I've done it myself before. I do have a problem with people doing it on an industrial estate with trucks parked up at the side of the road that considerably reduces visability and other cars about. If you're going to do near double the speed limit, do it away from people. It had stickers down the side from the quick glance I got so I suspect a taxi.

Believe me, the hot chocolate is on!

Quote Originally Posted by markmac21 View Post
    Exactly. I've been known to be beeped at before by the car behind because I've not been able to work out how quick the oncoming car is going so I haven't moved off. Sometimes I get it wrong and they're going slower than I thought. Then again everyone gets it a bit wrong at some point. I'd rather wait and not have a crash personally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

We've all driven too fast at some time, but see stupid speeds in built up areas around here all the time. Over the limit on a clear section of dual carriageway or motorway, even a nice country back road, is one thing. Twice the speed limit in a 30mph zone is another.
    Hope the hot chocolate is nice, just had mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab 9-3 Aero

Trim : Aero

Engine : 2.8 Turbo V6

Year : 2006

Mileage : 62000

Tell me about it Grumpy lol, Telford seems to have some right plonkers lol. Yesterday coming from ketley shell garage going towards the EP a mondeo st220 decided to overtake me on a 30mph road, He was at leat doing 60mph. The thing is there was slow moving traffic in front of me lol so he had to slam his brakes on, so I nearly went into the back of him. Total t*ss head lol. Followed him onto the EP and showed him my rear end haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

There is also the fact if you have a 150 / sri / vxr / any sporty looking vectra everyone feels the need to either try race you or chuck abuse at you or is that just my eperiances since moving up from a astra LS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by cont1204 View Post
    This tool in a Mondeo that must have been doing a HELL of a lot more than [30] roared up behind

I will admit, I misjudged his speed, I didn't expect him to be doing what must have been about 50 on a 30 road.

If you want to look at it philosophically, if you hadn't misjudged his speed and pulled out, this wouldn't have happened - whatever the rights and wrongs of the other driver's behaviour.

You
    can control your behaviour; you can't control his.

You can then adapt your own driving behaviour to (hopefully) avoid such situations in future - by not pulling out in front of another driver where it may be inappropriate - which should lower your exposure to risk in the form of road-rage incidents/potential for collision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information