User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: HIDs fitted

  1. #1
    Regular Member RobertHayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sidmouth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 2.0 CDTI auto

    Year : 63

    Mileage : 8,500

    Default HIDs fitted

    Hi all, just fitted my HIDs 50w 4300 from hids-direct £58 with the vec-c discount.

    Working great, when pulling up to my garage door (white) the nearside is brighter than the offside. Has anyone else noticed this.

    I am thinking it could be down to the beam pattern being different.

    The nearside has a curved top to it, and the offside a flat top.

    Great amount of light along the verge and hedge.

    An indication of how bright they are, is when I put the fogs on now you can hardly see the difference.

    Not much room to mount the hardware on the airbox side. Has anyone used the Metal brackets, or just hung them on cable ties like I have. Thinking I will revisit and try to use the brackets now the lights are in and working.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 2.0 CDTi

    Year : 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertHayman View Post
    Not much room to mount the hardware on the airbox side. Has anyone used the Metal brackets, or just hung them on cable ties like I have. Thinking I will revisit and try to use the brackets now the lights are in and working.
    Plenty of room underneath the headlight. There is a dedicated recess where you can fit the ballast.

    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1060742

    .

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Plenty of room underneath the headlight. There is a dedicated recess where you can fit the ballast.

    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1060742

    .
    I was going to do this - but in the end just cable tied drivers side to the slam panel sorta thing, and the passenger side is slid down infront of the battery tray, seems ok!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 2.0 CDTi

    Year : 2013

    Default

    I wanted a tidy install, not a "oh that'll do" type job.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I wanted a tidy install, not a "oh that'll do" type job.
    Completely agree mate, thats what i wanted, but after the pain in the bum with them flickering and having to take them on & off etc, i just whacked them anywhere as i though they were going to go wrong again!

    In time i think i'll do what you've done though tbh, so much neater.

  6. #6
    Regular Member m111kan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Liverpool & Norfolk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertHayman View Post
    Working great, when pulling up to my garage door (white) the nearside is brighter than the offside. Has anyone else noticed this.

    I am thinking it could be down to the beam pattern being different.

    The nearside has a curved top to it, and the offside a flat top.

    Great amount of light along the verge and hedge.
    This is the same with mine. If I'm in the car i can see the passenger side beam ahead of the car but not at all on the drivers. Is that the same for you? I'm gona have another look at it tonight

  7. #7
    Regular Member RobertHayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sidmouth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 2.0 CDTI auto

    Year : 63

    Mileage : 8,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m111kan View Post
    This is the same with mine. If I'm in the car i can see the passenger side beam ahead of the car but not at all on the drivers. Is that the same for you? I'm gona have another look at it tonight
    Hi, yes sounds, (looks like you see the same as me) I am thinking there probably is nothing wrong, Just the beam patten for the offside is different so it does not dazzle.

  8. #8
    Regular Member m111kan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Liverpool & Norfolk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    i had another go at them tonight. far better now. i initially fitted them without takin the bumper off so i ended up with the bulbs not seating correctly.

    had the bumper off before, now looks far better.

    by the way, how did you get the discount? i tried putting it in on the site but it wouldnt asccept it

  9. #9
    Regular Member RobertHayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sidmouth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 2.0 CDTI auto

    Year : 63

    Mileage : 8,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m111kan View Post
    i had another go at them tonight. far better now. i initially fitted them without takin the bumper off so i ended up with the bulbs not seating correctly.

    had the bumper off before, now looks far better.

    by the way, how did you get the discount? i tried putting it in on the site but it wouldnt asccept it
    Discount code. all lower case. vec-c

    It did cross my mind that the bulb might not be located properly.
    This was because I fitted the bulb then had to slide the cover along the wires to fit it.
    I will look at mine tomorrow.
    Thanks, its good to talk

  10. #10
    Full Member kenp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kr. Hyllinge, Denmark
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C


    Engine : 2.2 Direct

    Year : 2004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertHayman View Post
    I am thinking it could be down to the beam pattern being different.

    The nearside has a curved top to it, and the offside a flat top.
    Maby pushed the lever that makes it legal to drive abroad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. HIDs fitted!!!!!!!
    By Das in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 5th March 2012, 17:38
  2. New HIDs fitted
    By suggs1971 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 14th June 2010, 20:49
  3. HIDS fitted
    By treasure22 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 7th May 2010, 20:44
  4. HIDS fitted
    By slick91 in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd April 2010, 08:26
  5. HIDs fitted........
    By fingers66 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19th March 2010, 17:09

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •