User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.0 cdti auto box problems?? Help??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 3.0 cdti auto box problems?? Help??

Hi all I have had a vectra 3.0cdti as a taxi for about a year now it's been as good as gold untill now. I was driving arround town on my way to a job when I got the spanner light and were it says D or the gear number ect ect it only has 4 dots?? Plus it seams to be like the clutch is slipping some how. I know it's not got a clutch but it's the only way I can describe it. I went home and when I got out it smelt of hot oil!!

Has anybody had this befor?? I hope it don't want a new box!!

Any advice would be grate thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri

Engine : 140 Ecoflex S/S

Year : 2013

Has the gearbox oil ever been changed? VX recommend every 40k miles or 4 years.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I did it about 40/50 thousand ago (drain and refill 3 times as per instructions on a thred off here) but befor that I am not sure. I got it with 110k on the clock and it's got 165k now. Has it got a oil quality sensor?? That could put in safe mode?? Looked at it today and the oil was quite brown level was a little high but not lots. So drained a little out and still got problem. Left the battery off for over 30 min to reset just incase. But still about 5 second after start up the light comes on and the "P" ect turns to dots!! Wating for a mate to call with contact number for a fella with snap-on code reader to see what that says??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Signum

Trim : Sport

Engine : 3.0 CDTI

Year : 12/03

If the oil level was over the "high" mark or in case it increased since you changed it, you will have coolant in your oil...I hope yours only has a glitch in the electronics, because if not, then you will probably need a new/rebuilt gearbox. If you say it's slipping that will probably be the case...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1279 View Post
    I did it about 40/50 thousand ago (drain and refill 3 times as per instructions on a thred off here) but befor that I am not sure. I got it with 110k on the clock and it's got 165k now. Has it got a oil quality sensor?? That could put in safe mode?? Looked at it today and the oil was quite brown level was a little high but not lots. So drained a little out and still got problem. Left the battery off for over 30 min to reset just incase. But still about 5 second after start up the light comes on and the "P" ect turns to dots!! Wating for a mate to call with contact number for a fella with snap-on code reader to see what that says??
    When my brother had problems with his Volvo auto box the first question everyone asked was "is the fuid red or brown?" Pressumably as a taxi it gets very hot during a days work, more so than driving long distance.

In the end he took it to Volvo for a diagnostic, others tried it with cheaper equipment but to no avail. Volvo diagnosed the problem as a sensor, £160 main dealer repair, been fine since.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Croxley View Post
    When my brother had problems with his Volvo auto box the first question everyone asked was "is the fuid red or brown?" Pressumably as a taxi it gets very hot during a days work, more so than driving long distance.

In the end he took it to Volvo for a diagnostic, others tried it with cheaper equipment but to no avail. Volvo diagnosed the problem as a sensor, £160 main dealer repair, been fine since.
    Volvo s80 by any chance? only reason i say this is because they are the same gearbox. Could be as simple as a sensor (think there are 2 that are accessable without gearbox out), I had a gearbox rebuild on my Vec c and it started slipping 100miles.....turned out to be a dodgy sensor!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Morning all had the codes read came up with P0705 and P1700?? His reader said P0705 was unknown but found out on here it's Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL Input)?? any ideas?? also found this thread "http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121703&highlight=p0705" he sugests looking at the gear slector? i assume he means the stick in the car?? or dose he mean on the box??

Thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Right well we are getting some were. Had a good chat with a gearbox spechalist who knew what the prob was just from the p0705 code. Now i am 99% sure its the switch under the slector arm on the top of the gearbox that tells the ecu what gear its in, so took it off today and got it in bits on the bench cleaned it all up and put it bk!! left the battery off for 1 hour and still got same code??? So still not 100% sure its that. Rang Vauxhall and they said its £300odd plus vat!!!! ouch!!! and cant return it if its not the prob. So my next question is dose anyone have one of these switches i could borrow to test and get a proper ecu reset from a code reader to find out if its the problem befor i spend ££££ on something i dont need?? I am in boston lincs if there is anybody in this area that can help. Thanks you have been a masive help so far

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi again!! will this fit my vectra?? its a 04 plate 5 speed auto i am going to ring him tomoz and see if it has the slector switch still on it and if they know if the switch is the same as mine but for now i will swap the switch and keep the box as a spare. if i pay £300+ for a new switch then find its not right and go get this box i will kill my self if it has the switch still on it. might as well pay the extra and if its just the switch i can keep box as spare just in case

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi i have a 53 plate 3.0 cdti v6 sri and it will only drive in triptronic 2nd and 5th gear. it is really slugish and struggles to do 60 mph. i had it on a computer and it sed fault transmission module and invalid signal from gearbox sensor can anyone help me please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information