Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Ops Servers..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    spoons

Default Black Ops Servers..

Amongst all the server problems I've noticed something...

Some games I cant kill anything, its like I'm half a second reaction time behind my enemies when face to face.

Sometimes I can empty a full magazine into my enemies before they die, but they only fire once or twice to kill me with similar weapons?

When I watch their killcam, its like I didnt even see them and they are half way through shooting me before I seem to react (so I know they arent getting headshots) ?

However, on some games its rolls reversed and I can kill just about everything. One game I played was joyful as if I was invisible. Noone hardly reacted to me, so I just ran round killing everything

Anyone else experience this? and if so why is this happening?

spoons

Also, does your physical playstation host these games in any way... like the lead party or key player or something?

Maybe that answers the latency issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

its all about the Ping the better your ping on the connection the quicker you SEEM to repsond - the slower the Ping the longer the lag on what you see and do

..........either that or your getting too old to press the buttons quick enough

(ahem says me )

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by deztroyer View Post
    its all about the Ping the better your ping on the connection the quicker you SEEM to repsond - the slower the Ping the longer the lag on what you see and do
    Ok, so where do I buy faster Pings? I need an upgrade

..........either that or your getting too old to press the buttons quick enough
    I had considered that option

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

go onto speedtest.net and see what ping /connection speed you get if its over .50ms then your slow

i get .23ms ping on the test ... which means that you appear to have slightly faster reactions as the response time is quicker ... really helps my 40 year old fingers and thumbs LOL

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

spoons

go onto speedtest.net and see what ping /connection speed you get if its over .50ms then your slow
    Just did a test and my ping is .90ms !! No wonder I'm crap !!!

Jeeze !!

spoons

I also found this explanation below

>. Quote

For your first question: The server "decides" who gets to be the game host based on everybody's so-called ping. Ping is a network term that pertains to the speed of communication between the server AND the people connected to it in a lobby. The person with the lowest ping gets to be the game host at the "decision point" of the server. Note that the lower the ping, the faster is that person's connection and thus, the better is his capability to host a match.

For your second question: You asked "is there a certain connection speed for the internet?". The answer is NO and YES. NO because virtually all types of connection speed can be used to play online (theoretically). BUT, there is an ideal speed for you to play online. And so I say YES, there is a certain speed needed for you to go online and play a decent match with the minimal lag possible. And that speed is anything 5-7 mbps connection and up. between 3 and 4 mbps is so-so and anything below 2 mbps is dismal. The mos ideal would bet 8-9 mbps and above.

Now, your case may be a question on how much your internet connection speed is OR how much traffic is within your internet provider. Traffic means how many people are within your provider's system that are accessing or "hogging" the internet signal for their own use. Note that even if you have very fast connection, it may slow down during peak times of mass internet usage. The issue may also boil down to the game server's condition itself and its overall quality.

So that's the best answer I can give you after so many experience with being a game host AND a victim of lagging. Enjoy your game!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah i know exaxtly what you mean spoons... i was laying 2 magazines into you the other night and you just walked off LOL... i was not amused!

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by DarylAAS View Post
    Yeah i know exaxtly what you mean spoons... i was laying 2 magazines into you the other night and you just walked off LOL... i was not amused!
    I do that little 'please dont kill me' panic dance.... good isnt it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 50000

That lag issue still happens to me with my connection,

The best thing i foung is to change your search preferances to LOCALE ONLY that way you have less chance of a getting a server or host too far away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information