User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Vauxhall Signum 2.2 Direct 2004 door locking mechanism

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Vauxhall Signum 2.2 Direct 2004 door locking mechanism

    Hi All,
    Help required in getting the locking mechanism out of the driver door.
    The problem I am facing is a little bit strange. Just bought the Signum 2.2 direct couple of days ago.
    Problem is that central locking works but the driver door does not lock or unlock with the remote.
    Driver door has to be opened and locked with the key. All the rest of the doors and the boot operate with remote.
    Further testing also showed that if the door pin is left at open position and if I try to lock it with remote from outside. All the rest of the doors close and then open. This shows that the mechanism is still operational and sending some sort of signal to the PDM.


    While trying to get the mechanism out of the door to check the motor I have come across a problem.
    Their are two rods which operate the door from outside. One for the key hole and other for the door handle. I was able to remove the door handle rod with a simple push. But the key hole operation rod has refused to come out.


    Is their some sort of special technique to removing this rod. As the door locking lever looks like made out of plastic. Can some one provide some pointers on how to get the mechanism out.



    Thanks in advance and keep up the great work.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wirral
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 1.9CDTi

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : Lots

    Default

    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77009

    That may be of some help to you, I've never done it myself so I'm not sure if that's the correct information.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cont1204 View Post
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77009

    That may be of some help to you, I've never done it myself so I'm not sure if that's the correct information.

    Thanks Cont1204,
    That was very helpful. No wonder the rods wont come out. Mine is halfway open. will try to take picture to create a how to for a right handed vehicle.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Regular Member kenp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kr. Hyllinge, Denmark
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C


    Engine : 2.2 Direct

    Year : 2004

    Default

    Probaly just turn the lock anti clockwise ...

    Was the power connected to the lock? as thats what the problems sounds like!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Probaly just turn the lock anti clockwise ...

    Was the power connected to the lock? as thats what the problems sounds like!

    Power was connected to the locking unit. Just to be on the safe side I disconnected and reconnected but it made no difference.
    Plasma mentioned it might be an issue with coding as some sort of work was done with central locking coil before I bought the car. And their is another strange issue with rear windows not working from the driver side control but working fine individually. Pointing towards some sort of coding issue.

    I ask the same question asked in my other thread. Will op-com from ebay be able to programme the pdm, bcm.
    Thanks

  6. #6
    Regular Member kenp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kr. Hyllinge, Denmark
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C


    Engine : 2.2 Direct

    Year : 2004

    Default

    It can be a problem, with the DDM as mentioned by Plasma, they maby have just taken it from another car... and forgot to program things, or its coded to another car so wont work on yours probaly. if the last, its shows like most of the problems you have right now.

    let me guess the light dont come on when you open the drivers door? if yes, im very confident that its a DDM problem.

    I would not trust the cheap copies of op-com thats on ebay can do the job. maby it can maby it cant. (even my legit of the program, cant program my DDM/PDM as ive upgraded those).

    but if you just got the car from a dealer, then take it to them to sort it out.. the modules dont come cheap.. and if replaced earlier (and was resat) then the havnt programmed it proper.. or replaced (with a non resat) then they just have to change and code the module again.

    2 users have access to proper tech2 machines Plasma and Tramman. i dont know how far you have to get to them. else i would put my money on the dealers.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    It can be a problem, with the DDM as mentioned by Plasma, they maby have just taken it from another car... and forgot to program things, or its coded to another car so wont work on yours probaly. if the last, its shows like most of the problems you have right now.

    let me guess the light dont come on when you open the drivers door? if yes, im very confident that its a DDM problem.

    I would not trust the cheap copies of op-com thats on ebay can do the job. maby it can maby it cant. (even my legit of the program, cant program my DDM/PDM as ive upgraded those).

    but if you just got the car from a dealer, then take it to them to sort it out.. the modules dont come cheap.. and if replaced earlier (and was resat) then the havnt programmed it proper.. or replaced (with a non resat) then they just have to change and code the module again.

    2 users have access to proper tech2 machines Plasma and Tramman. i dont know how far you have to get to them. else i would put my money on the dealers.

    The light does come on when door is opened. And for some reason all the othe locks close and open when the driver lock is in open position.

    What is DDM?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wirral
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 1.9CDTi

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : Lots

    Default

    The DDM I believe is the Drivers Door Module. It'll be tucked away somewhere in the door panel and controls all the buttons, window motor etc. If it is from a car that only had front electric windows, it won't know what to do with the rear ones and I think will need programming in order to activate them.

  9. #9
    Regular Member kenp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kr. Hyllinge, Denmark
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C


    Engine : 2.2 Direct

    Year : 2004

    Default

    sounds like 2 errors you got.

    Wrong programmed DDM (drivers door module)
    And maby faulte Door lock.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    sounds like 2 errors you got.

    Wrong programmed DDM (drivers door module)
    And maby faulte Door lock.

    Hi,
    Does it need tech2 for changing lock?

    Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale: Speedo / Door Speakers / Door Tweeters & Boot Lock Mechanism
    By Woody in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 21st March 2013, 01:15
  2. Vauxhall Signum 2.2 Direct 2004 driver controls rear mirrors dont work
    By nasir600 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 3rd January 2011, 22:47
  3. 2004 Vauxhall Vectra 2.2 Direct SRI
    By Curly7 in forum Cars for sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1st June 2009, 16:43
  4. Door Locking Mechanism-Drivers Side Front
    By Vaux-Man-G in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28th April 2009, 12:17
  5. FS: Vauxhall Signum 3.2 V6 Elite (2004)
    By Quinten in forum Cars for sale
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22nd November 2008, 08:50

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •