Thread: 3 year warrenty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 3 year warrenty

Hi took my car into vauxhall today temp gauge not working at all even after half hour drive, plus a couple of other things, radio not working properly and hard to get into 1st gear and notchy changing to 2nd. anyway got phone call back saying cant find owt wrong with gears or radio working ok with them so not fault, also temp gauge they said, had it running at 2000rpm for 10 mins and gauge shown 80 degrees after that time, so this is not faulty either. I said well its not moved at all for couple of weeks, then he said the mechanic said it might be a sticking thermostat. so i said that makes it faulty then dont it? he didnt say owt else, they agreed to have over night and start from cold tomo. also saying i owe £41 for the 1st check as nothing was found to be wrong, am not happy what shall i do about this fee if anything, shall i pay it and get vauxhall customer service involved? as car still under warrenty. cheers mitch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

phone vx customer services and tell them about the dealer's attitude toward you and they will open a case and get in touch with them..

sounds like another dodgy dealers needing there arse's kicking into gear to me !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Took mine in, temp gauage hadnt moved for a week, despite long distance commutes. No prolem apparently..... lol Id ring VX customer service mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's normal practice to charge an investigation fee if they don't find a fault. They should have told you when you booked it in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by byebyeitsagsi View Post
    It's normal practice to charge an investigation fee if they don't find a fault. They should have told you when you booked it in.
    They did say about the fee but i knew it didnt work so thought they would renew thermostat, For all i know they could have had the engine running for an hour before the gauge moved, its just that he mentioned the mechanic said it could be sticking?? Before they agreed to have car over night they just said keep an eye on it, just incase it over heats i dont want to chance it, they should just replace it i reckon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Tell them you have spoken to a mechanic friend and believe the thermostat needs replaced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Update,
    The dealers had the car over night and started it from cold, and came to conclusion that the thermostat was faulty after all, trouble is now i wont get the car back 29th or 30th as they did not have the gasket in stock!!!!!! Am driving round in an agila at the mo and what can i say, I miss the 150 bhp, and also because the thermo was faulty in the end, i do not have to pay the £41 for yesterdays diagnostic, glad told them to have over night now, merry xmas members 8-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was in there this week and many customers complaining of faults but many seem to be down to the severe weather and to a point they are.

Here at work on the Railways im a fitter repairing these things and were having lots of problems with the cold so bear in mind when you take it in and they say nothing wrong.

In there nice warm workshop it may defrost as mine did in the train shed this week and found water dripping from roof lining only condensation defrosted.

Glad you got a new stat mine takes longer to warm up in -8 but it gets there after a run which on a normal day of 5 above would be quicker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

mines really slow getting up but does get there after about 20 miles, ive put it down to cold weather, if anyone thinks otherwise let me know lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rjw View Post
    mines really slow getting up but does get there after about 20 miles, ive put it down to cold weather, if anyone thinks otherwise let me know lol
    car run for five minutes to de-ice the windows, two miles of 20/30 MPH, second/ third gear, temp on 86 which is its normal temp, heater red hot petrol bthw. it was minus 9 at the time.,
    PS I do not turn heater on to hot until temp guage rises, seems a lot quicker that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information