63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

They actually just pull out, but to make it easier, stick a small piece of wire down one side of it (you'll see a small notch) this releases the clip and makes it easier to do.

Edit: more info in this old thread. http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100146
    Last edited by Ian-Highlander; 23rd December 2010 at 12:04.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Irmscher Elite

Engine : 3.0 CDTI

Year : 2005

unfold a paperclip and thread it down the groove on the underside of the stalk. That'll save you rounding off the locators that lock it in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

personally I find a small allen key perfect

North Wingfield, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Hatchback Facelift

Trim : Club

Engine : Z18XE

Mileage : 100085

Quote Originally Posted by leesri View Post
    how do you remove the indicator stalk on these vectras please
    Does the same technique apply to the multifunction wiper stalk ????

I'm having trouble with this...lost control on some functions which I've put down to the freezing temperatures upsetting control of the wipers - which have been the subject of various threads/posts on here & which I've also contributed to.

This time the 'wiper problems' did not correct themselves after the engine bay 'warmed-up' as what seemed to be the case on previous occasions with mine & other people.

I'm hoping it's not a problem with the multifunction steering column ECU

Any comments would be appreciated...

Cheers

PS the car is a 55 reg Facelift Club Spec Vectra Hatch....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Tony W View Post
    I'm having trouble with this...lost control on some functions which I've put down to the freezing temperatures upsetting control of the wipers - which have been the subject of various threads/posts on here & which I've also contributed to.

This time the 'wiper problems' did not correct themselves after the engine bay 'warmed-up' as what seemed to be the case on previous occasions with mine & other people.

I'm hoping it's not a problem with the multifunction steering column ECU
    Quite a few posts regarding wiper issues at the moment.

I thought such issues with wipers when really cold was to do with the microswitch inside the wiper motor/gearbox getting stuck or the earthing of the unit to the car failing. These things cause problems like wipers don't work or do what you tell them to, or they 'forget' where the park position is.

My car does this, but fortunately very rarely and not at all yet in this current freezing weather.

Maybe it just hasn't warmed up enough yet to thaw out properly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeh James...it's a well known Vectra C 'quirk' on here mate...& became apparent in my case a couple of years ago or so ago when the winter temperatures dropped to freezing & below...
    Unfortunately, the multifunction indicator & washers switches are all part of the steering column ECU and any problem with a component that's part of it cannot be replaced individually...it's a new ECU as I understand...Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Tony W View Post
    Yeh James...it's a well known Vectra C 'quirk' on here mate...& became apparent in my case a couple of years ago or so ago when the winter temperatures dropped to freezing & below...
    Unfortunately, the multifunction indicator & washers switches are all part of the steering column ECU and any problem with a component that's part of it cannot be replaced individually...it's a new ECU as I understand...Cheers
    I'm not saying it's not the CIM but I would have thought that - seeing as it controls or plays a part in many functions - that you would see other issues if the CIM was playing up due to the cold, not just the wipers. People have posted about the wiper motor microswitch/earth and relay causing wiper problems in very cold weather.

Also, the wiper motor and relay are under the bonnet whereas the CIM is in the car so surely they'd be even more affected by the cold (and freezing water) that the CIM which is insulated a bit inside the steering column inside the car.

As the CIM is expensive, I'd - as ever - rule out the cheap/easy things first by checking the wiper motor microswitch, earthing, and the wiper relay as other people have posted about previously (with guides and pictures in some cases) before getting a new CIM and running the risk of it not fixing the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by James24 View Post
    I'm not saying it's not the CIM but I would have thought that - seeing as it controls or plays a part in many functions - that you would see other issues if the CIM was playing up due to the cold, not just the wipers. People have posted about the wiper motor microswitch/earth and relay causing wiper problems in very cold weather.

Also, the wiper motor and relay are under the bonnet whereas the CIM is in the car so surely they'd be even more affected by the cold (and freezing water) that the CIM which is insulated a bit inside the steering column inside the car.

As the CIM is expensive, I'd - as ever - rule out the cheap/easy things first by checking the wiper motor microswitch, earthing, and the wiper relay as other people have posted about previously (with guides and pictures in some cases) before getting a new CIM and running the risk of it not fixing the problem.
    I entirely agree with your comments James after reading the various threads/posts on here re - wiper operation issues..i.e. look for the simple solutions first...which I plan to do when the weather gets a bit warmer....assuming they don't return to normal operation as they've done in the past....

I was hoping that if the wiper/washer 'switch' turned out to be faulty & not the wiper motor. rods etc, it would just be a case of changing that as I'd changed the indicator switch & stalk on the Mark 3 Cavalier we had before the Vectra...BUT on reading the Haynes Manual it doesn't have separate switches..It's a ECU module change as mebntioned...

My post below from the thread 'Mad Wipers this morning' gives the current position re- wiper/washer operation on the car....if you've not read it

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showpo...8&postcount=17

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I haven't heard of wiper stalks failing - only indicator ones. I suppose that's because the indicator stalk is used far more often and gets worn out/dirty inside far faster than the one for the wipers.

It's worth checking the wiper stalk - it's quick and free. Maybe clean the contacts and see if there any visible issues with it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information