0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab 9-3 Aero

Trim : Aero

Engine : 2.8 Turbo V6

Year : 2006

Mileage : 62000

Default Cheeky sods

Man thats cheeky of the dvla, I had a bad crash in november and the car was wrote off. My Tax was due the end of november so I ordered myself 6 months tax online.
    I recieved the tax on the friday and had the crash on the sunday morning. So I sent them the tax disc with the relevant paperwork for a refund. I have just recieved a cheque for £62.16??? Hang on I paid £85 odd, so I contact them and they said you loose a month if we recieve it on the 1st of the month, I said I sent it 1st class well before the 1st december, they said well it was not recieved by our refund dept till the 1st so sorry but thats the way it is.
    If i lost a month that means i would of lost about £15 not £23. I feel a letter being written lol,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if you pay 6 months you pay an extra admin fee, the refunds work on the pro rata cost for a 12 month disc,, als they refund from the date on the royal mail post mark not the date they recieve, i have always sent tax back special delivery as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab 9-3 Aero

Trim : Aero

Engine : 2.8 Turbo V6

Year : 2006

Mileage : 62000

Well it was posted to them 1st class from the post office on 26th november, so should I ring them back and say that they should refund from post date?
    If they worked the refund over the cost of 12 months then they should of only took £12 of. (£155 for 12 months/ £85 for 6 months)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

here is the info from dvla website i've put in bold the important bits that apply for you, so knock 10% off of the cost of 6 months disc £85-10%(£8.50)= £76.50 then divide the £76.50 by number of months.

The amount you’ll be refunded
    A refund is paid for each full month left to run on the tax disc at the time you apply. For example, if your tax disc expires at the end of September and you apply during July you'll receive a refund for two months – August and September.
    If you have a six-month tax disc you paid an extra ten per cent handling charge when you bought it. This is not included as part of your refund.
    If you don’t have a tax disc to send back, an administration fee of £7 will be taken away from the amount refunded to you. The refund will be made payable to the person named on the application form. The name should match exactly what’s on the vehicle registration certificate.
    A refund cannot be backdated. It can only be paid from the date your refund application was sent, or from when DVLA were told why you no longer need the tax disc (whichever is later).

Thread Information