Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra-C

Trim : SRi XP2 Nav

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2008

Thumbs up Parking advice

Recently came across this site and have read through some if it thought it might come in handy............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...affic-Offences

I myself received a parking ticket in Morrisons today whilst doing my X-mas shop. been shooping there over 10 years and never had a ticket or given them reason too either. Being X-mas, it gets absolutely manic and sticking to the fixed 2 hour limit is difficult when you have to cue for upto 30 mins. Anyway reading the info on this site is has given me the help and advice to totally ignore the ticket as it is not legal in any way.

Hope others can benefit too....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

I'll have a look. Sorry for mild hijack, parking sore issue.
    Had to pick my daughter and grandson up from Birmingham airport Monday last week.
    Had a look at web site, phoned the number given to check on disabled parking, to make sure I got it right. They said they were NCP booking line and gave me an airport number.
    Called that, they said park, bring ticket and Blue Badge into Terminal, get it validated and you get 60 mins free parking. Ok, happy with that.
    Got there 10pm, got tocket, went looking for airport staff, none about. Eventually found a cleaner, who directed me to security desk hidden away where I'd come in. Hobbled back up there, they said go to NCP desk at far end of terminal. Pointed out I was disabled, they left me to it. Dragged my sorry ass all the way up to the NCP desk, only to find it closed at 7.30pm every day. Gave up. Daughter and grandson tired and ratty, paid the stupid charge. I feel a Victor Meldrew leter coming on......

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the link OPC

I feel this will benefit quite a few over the coming weeks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Lada

Trim : Riva

Engine : 6.0 V12

Year : 1954

Mileage : 567890987

Someone said you will most likely get 2 or 3 letters through the post warning you to expect the Horsemen of the Apocalypse if you fail to pay but as you've found out they cant do diddley squat, I guess they play on the fact that a good percentage will pay. What I don't understand is how is it legal for them to obtain your address via your reg number in the first place? What ever happened to data protection? No crime has been committed its a civil matter.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    Someone said you will most likely get 2 or 3 letters through the post warning you to expect the Horsemen of the Apocalypse if you fail to pay but as you've found out they cant do diddley squat, I guess they play on the fact that a good percentage will pay. What I don't understand is how is it legal for them to obtain your address via your reg number in the first place? What ever happened to data protection? No crime has been committed its a civil matter.

The DVLA charge about a fiver per car - they make millions out of this too.

Had one from central ticketing - ignored it, letters from solicitors - ignored them - now nothing.

The ones you have to worry about are the councill and the cops - they will take the car.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would also ring / email or write to Morrisons and tell them that if they sorted out enough speedy checkout staff to cope with the queues then loyal customers would not be getting a ticket. If they say they cant go any quicker then they need to raise the parking limit when they cant cope. Morrisons have a cafe in most stores and a hot meal can easily take 40 mins of your time before you shop - i guess they dont want you to eat and shop on the same visit ??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    Someone said you will most likely get 2 or 3 letters through the post warning you to expect the Horsemen of the Apocalypse if you fail to pay but as you've found out they cant do diddly squat, I guess they play on the fact that a good percentage will pay. What I don't understand is how is it legal for them to obtain your address via your reg number in the first place? What ever happened to data protection? No crime has been committed its a civil matter.

I've had this (well the wife did) I put a post up about it and did a great deal of research http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108231

They will threaten absolutely all sorts and promise they succeeded in taking people to court yada yada yada. All I did was ignore them completely. This is the best advice given out there. If you start sending letters protesting your innocence they take that as having you hooked and pester you even more. I think at one point our "fine" was up to several hundred pounds and credit due where credit is due it all looks very impressive with legal looking letters etc etc but it's all a sham they can't do squat. Just put up with the letters etc for a few months and they go away...

Just ignore honestly it really does work!
    Ken-tec FTW.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra-C

Trim : SRi XP2 Nav

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2008

Quote Originally Posted by rob 2.2dti View Post
    I would also ring / email or write to Morrisons and tell them that if they sorted out enough speedy checkout staff to cope with the queues then loyal customers would not be getting a ticket. If they say they cant go any quicker then they need to raise the parking limit when they cant cope. Morrisons have a cafe in most stores and a hot meal can easily take 40 mins of your time before you shop - i guess they dont want you to eat and shop on the same visit ??
    The problem we have in Newark currently is that 1/3 of the car parking has been temporarily lost for a year or so due to construction of a new Asda on a major car park in town, so most will go to Morrisons even if not shopping there. Thats the problem we have here, supermarkets are in the town centre and basically the only parking available...Morrisons having a 2 hour limit which on occasions is not long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Old man Jimbo View Post
    I've had this (well the wife did) I put a post up about it and did a great deal of research http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108231

They will threaten absolutely all sorts and promise they succeeded in taking people to court yada yada yada. All I did was ignore them completely. This is the best advice given out there. If you start sending letters protesting your innocence they take that as having you hooked and pester you even more. I think at one point our "fine" was up to several hundred pounds and credit due where credit is due it all looks very impressive with legal looking letters etc etc but it's all a sham they can't do squat. Just put up with the letters etc for a few months and they go away...

Just ignore honestly it really does work!
    Excellent advice..like said, be brave and IGNORE!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had exactly the same thing with Morrisons and I replied to them with a copy of my £120 bill from the store saying that I would in no way pay the fine and that I was very happy to take it all the way to court if they did not drop it, and guess what..........nothing heard since. They are jokers! who use all the scare tactics to try and make you pay. Simple answer is tell them to poke it!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

morrisons are the company who cant police the parent toddler bay's but will fine you for parking over 2 hours in there car park....******5
    Midlands Mod Shop - NFFC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information