Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default cdti buying advice?

Hi all,
    Going to look at a 2005 vectra cdti Sri 150 at the weekend, and just wondering if there are any common problems I should be looking for (and how to spot them!). I seem to remember something about 'swirl pots', but to be honest don't know what they are or what I'd be looking for. Any advice greatfully received. Many thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Best advice...Dont buy one! stick to a petrol, it will cost you less in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : Leather

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    Best advice...Dont buy one! stick to a petrol, it will cost you less in the long run.
    Maybe a bit of good advice there! I do love the way diesels drive especially the v6 but am dreading anything going wrong with her as they say they are expensive to fix. Diesel used to be cheap once over not now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Derby View Post
    Hi all,
    Going to look at a 2005 vectra cdti Sri 150 at the weekend, and just wondering if there are any common problems I should be looking for (and how to spot them!). I seem to remember something about 'swirl pots', but to be honest don't know what they are or what I'd be looking for. Any advice greatfully received. Many thanks.
    allow aprox 2k for any repairs that are needed .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I own one ..... I wouldn't get another older one, half of it newer than when I bought it!

Maybe one of the later ones if the price was right .... But I'd still have a reserve pot for things like the DMF etc.

Shame because when it is running I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ahh, not quite the advice I was expecting. Well, that's me thoroughly put off! My other thought was to spend more and get an Insignia SRI, although again I'd be looking at diesel. Hopefully the newer design would be more reliable?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The 1.9 CDTI has four basic issues pre 2007 the injector wiring loom there is a very cheap fix for that, a couple of quid will fix that. The inlet manifold swirl flaps lever fails, and forces a replacement manifold, this is not different to most common rail diesel engines (Merc and BMW are just as prone) Allow about £200 plus fitting as an average
    Next we have the EGR valve which is a £100 replacement or a freebie clean up grease and replace.
    Final one is again very common to every new gen diesel that is the dual mass flywheel clutch and slave. This is a biggie and can run about £1000 but many have had theirs done for about £600 all in ans some do it themselves for about £400.

Do NOT be put off the car as they are lovely to drive and very reliable when looked after,so if you want the car, get a warranty! simples

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Darren,

Luck of the draw with them ..... Have a look around some have run like a dream for thousands of miles, however the common faults are expensive, if the car you have been looking at has had the work ..... Maybe worth it?

Def check on inlet manifold, clutch dmf and give it a good run looking for judders from engine and knocks from bushes and springs ...... What I can think of to look more in depth at on the cdti apart from the norms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

my Cdti V6 runs like a dream.Its a very responsive car and get 40+ to the gallon,not bad for a 3.0 V6. As with any modern car if they fail they can cost money its not just Vectras.Make sure you get one that has a good history, lowest miles and owners possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Go for it mate..the 1.9cdti is as reliable as any other car out there..the forums are here for peoople with interest in the car's and also alot of people asking for advise with problems..look at the bmw/audi/merc's/fords/ etc etc forums,there full of problems also,thats what there here for.And also look at why company's buy them for fleet vehicles,there mile munchers with low cost problems,why else would they buy them if they cost them a fortune to maintain..There is always a risk that you buy a lemon as with any car..good luck,but i recommend the 1.9cdti 07 plate onwards as i have one with no probs so far..TOUCH WOOD lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information