User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: indicator stalk driving me mad!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default indicator stalk driving me mad!!!

Hi

Only had my 1.8 VVT since August but the indicator stalk is driving me nuts!

I admit that having driven other Veccy Cs on hire before, I was aware of the self-centering features (am I the only one who finds this annoying?) however, given the rest of the car's great attributes, I thought I would get used to it.

But.....annoyingly, mine seems to have a mind of its own!!! Even though I make sure I push the stalk against the spring tension, it has a habbit of sometimes cancelling AS I TURN IN THE DIRECTION I AM INDICATING (it does this in either direction). I have double-checked that when this happens, I have not momentarily turned the wheel back (which would cancel).

Unless anyone can suggest what may be causing this, I will have to get it booked in for a check (still has a year of VX warranty) but as intermittent, I shudder to think what head-scratching or teeth-sucking will ensue.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Welcome to my world. Mine does the exact same thing, its been in twice for this issue and first time they said no fault found. On the next visit, they said the wheel was slightly off centre which would not help. Upon picking up the car, it is better but not right.

It cancels often as I make the turn and sometimes before hand. I make sure at points where when it cancelling could be dangerous, I hold it on. This is not ideal, but not sure what else I can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

There are three things you can try (each might work, but no guarantee), in ascending order of cost:

1) Remove the stalk and spray electrical contact cleaner on the contacts. (The stalk just pulls out).

2) Replace the stalk. (About £30-35)

3) Replace the CIM (Column Interface Module).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I believe you can alter the angle the CIM cancels the indicator using tech 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks guys.

I will print off all the suggestions so that if the "experts" have any problems, I can sharpen the stick.

Will probably wait until after crimble so will post back with an update.

Hope everyone enjoys the festivities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mine does the same thing as phil's, Mainly on the right indicator, will turn off before the turn is made meaning i have to hold the ****** thing on.

I like the idea of the indicators on the vectra C, but i just wish the ****** things stayed on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I used to find it annoying when turning it off.. now its wierd living without it and having no 3 blink feature or soft end of finger operation... (I'm selling it to you haha).

I find though that the best way to cancel a signal is to push it the direction you went before... not the opposite. It cancels it out the same as if you clicked the opposite way but you dont end up flicking the opposite indicator light on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by luke4487 View Post
    I used to find it annoying when turning it off.. now its wierd living without it and having no 3 blink feature or soft end of finger operation... (I'm selling it to you haha).

I find though that the best way to cancel a signal is to push it the direction you went before... not the opposite. It cancels it out the same as if you clicked the opposite way but you dont end up flicking the opposite indicator light on
    never had a problem with it going off to early, but like you I soon learnt if its stays on after the turn just a tap the same way you have just turned,,, sorted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Finally got round to booking it in to VX dealer to have it checked - sod's law though, it's not done it lately. Ah well, at least I've got a "while you wait" appointment, so it wont take a whole day to tell me "can't find anything wrong guv".

I mentioned the useful feedback from this forum, there was much sucking of teeth and the expected "you cant trust what you read on these forums" response.

I certainly trust you guys more than the VX "experts" - it took 18 months of changing just about every componet on the front and back suspension/steering on my old Vectra B (under warranty - this was in 2001) before they found the knocking noise was coming from the straps holding the fuel tank!

I will let you know how I get on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by phils View Post
    Finally got round to booking it in to VX dealer to have it checked - sod's law though, it's not done it lately. Ah well, at least I've got a "while you wait" appointment, so it wont take a whole day to tell me "can't find anything wrong guv".

I mentioned the useful feedback from this forum, there was much sucking of teeth and the expected "you cant trust what you read on these forums" response.

I certainly trust you guys more than the VX "experts" - it took 18 months of changing just about every componet on the front and back suspension/steering on my old Vectra B (under warranty - this was in 2001) before they found the knocking noise was coming from the straps holding the fuel tank!

I will let you know how I get on.
    You can't believe everything a vauxhall dealer tells you either!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information