User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Blower on max with keys removed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unhappy Blower on max with keys removed!

Hi guys

I realise there a numerous threads regarding similar issues but there doesn't appear to be a recent problem directly the same as what I am experiencing.

I really need some help please - Vectra C facelift 07 plate with semi-auto climate control (temp controls and auto blower without the screen).

Very cold a few days ago decided to go to car wash to get rid of salt marks from back of vehicle. Water immediately got into the car via the pollen filter where the drain was not blocked but FROZEN shut.

Heater blower now operates at max, controls not reposnsive. I have to remove the 40A fuse on side of dash to get it to stop otherwise flat battery within a couple of hours.

There is no resistor pack to change as all of the motor speeds appear to be controlled by the regulator (part no 13250114) which is attached to the bottom of the heater motor. This was full of water - dried/cleaned with wd40, re-fitted, same issue.

My question, is the the max speed not controlled by a relay? There are three on the left - reverse side of glovebox fuse rack. I have tried removing all three but the fan still powers away at max until removing the fuse. If it is a stuck relay won't removing it stop the fan and identify the fault? Or do I simply need to change the regulator (£200 from stealers)?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If it was a stuck relay, then yes, removing it would cause the motor to cease, so sounds like it might be the regulator, perhaps the circuit on the board has shorted due to water, although what puzzles me is, there should be no power to the blower motor till the ignition is switched on. Will be watching this thread for other opinions, as i have the semi auto air system in my Design.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks Barney, just wondered if the relay could be stuck off and causing the same issue somehow - that pretty much confirms it then - the regulator needs replacing

The motor appears to have a direct 12V supply to the battery for some reason (according to my multimeter) - as I say only thing in it's path is the 40A fuse.

Speaking from experience I would say one of the MOFSET transistors have failed due to water short circuit (the salty water won't help either) and the circuit is 'stuck' on.

Has anyone tried replacing any of the components to save £200?

Thread Information