User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Digital Radio via your iphone..... it works!

  1. #1
    Regular Member blues n twos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seer Green, Bucks
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Digital Radio via your iphone..... it works!

    I asked the question a while back whether you could run digital radio from your iphone through the AUX USB conector and I am very pleased to inform you that you can and it works faultlessly

    I have not tried it via the 3.5mm jack connection but it works fine via USB.

    It's not DAB in the true sense as you get no info on the satnav display but I have it on NAV anyhoo The sound quality is as good if not better than regular FM and you are only limited by the phone signal.

    I have the "Tunein Radio" app that has hundreds of radio stations worldwide and I was listening to Antarctic radio in Bucks

    So if you forgot to order DAB this is a good replacement.... providing you have USB and an iphone of course

    Jon

  2. #2
    Regular Member felixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    stockport
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by blues n twos View Post
    I asked the question a while back whether you could run digital radio from your iphone through the AUX USB conector and I am very pleased to inform you that you can and it works faultlessly

    I have not tried it via the 3.5mm jack connection but it works fine via USB.

    It's not DAB in the true sense as you get no info on the satnav display but I have it on NAV anyhoo The sound quality is as good if not better than regular FM and you are only limited by the phone signal.

    I have the "Tunein Radio" app that has hundreds of radio stations worldwide and I was listening to Antarctic radio in Bucks

    So if you forgot to order DAB this is a good replacement.... providing you have USB and an iphone of course

    Jon
    I presume you are running it through your web application?.FELIXX.

  3. #3
    Regular Member blues n twos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seer Green, Bucks
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felixx View Post
    I presume you are running it through your web application?.FELIXX.
    I'm not sure but I guess so....

    I just opened up the radio station I wanted to listen to and it buffered for about 5 seconds and then BINGO..... loud and clear

    I could have done with it on the drive back from Newcastle as I love Absolute radio and of course it was out of area so no joy. Not any more though

    Jon

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Leicester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Do you get unlimited data with an Iphone?? I'm assuming this is streamed via the 3g connection. Could get expensive if you don't have a good data plan - or someone else who pays.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Doesnt work without 3G

  6. #6
    Regular Member silverhairedracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ESSEX
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I think I will forgoe this method,and just turn on the DAB radio on that my Insignia has.

  7. #7
    Regular Member blues n twos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seer Green, Bucks
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverhairedracer View Post
    I think I will forgoe this method,and just turn on the DAB radio on that my Insignia has.
    Po0 bum willy

    I was to late to add it but it's there if I go on long trip and want my fix

    I get 1GB a month which is more than I need.

    Jon

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. dodgy digital radio reception
    By rich785 in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd December 2012, 15:26
  2. digital radio
    By hairytimes in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 5th August 2012, 18:29
  3. digital radio help
    By bry607 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26th May 2011, 09:28
  4. iPhone radio apps and dvd800 ?
    By blues n twos in forum Insignia car chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th November 2010, 21:47
  5. Radio still works with ignition off
    By bigmac in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12th February 2009, 20:57

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •