As above guys, I need some help. Any temp guage pics also would be great, reason is below............................

Had the motor in the local dealer today to get the thermostat replaced under warranty.

The History

Had the car since april, temp guage has never really moved much in all that time, only in the summer when stuck in traffic with aircon on did it move up to the middle.

Now it's winter the car is freezing cold in the mornings and i arrive at work 20 miles away not very warm at all. The fans blow luke warm at best.

Monday

Booked the car in, was advised that if no fault was found I would have to pay a fee (around 60 quid), I was quite confident that my cars behaviour was not normal, so went ahead to get it fixed under network q warranty.

Today

Arrived at the dealer about 5.30, was told they had been trying to ring me for a while, I was surprised as I had no missed calls on the mobile, they had been trying the house number even though I told them i would be on the mobile all day, they then said "we have not fitted the new thermostat because we wanted to check with you first because with the part and all the coolant they are quite expensive", they then quoted a figure in excess of 200 quid (i cant remember for certain what the amount was)

I then pointed out that the car is under warranty at which point the receptionist said well actually there is no fault with the car and because of that they wanted me to pay the £60 fee. I was agast and she offered to get the manager.

The manager then explained that there was nothing wrong with the thermostat, the mechanic had taken it for a 5 mile drive and the car warmed up as normal. (so why had they quoted me for a new part????)

After a bit of a discussion we agreed that I would pay nothing and I would bring the car back as soon as the fault returned.

Tonight

I have just been for a 23 mile drive on B roads, A roads and Motorway (M6) the temp guage did not move a milimeter and whats more I have it all on a nice video which I intend to show the service manager on Monday morning.

thanks for reading this long post, any pics of your temp guages after a drive would be welcome.