Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Sports Tourer DVD Navi 800 and parcel shelf issues

Hi,
    Further my previous post about the Insignia Sports Tourer, I have a couple of issues :-

1) I picked up the car yesterday from work and its a 09 reg Exclusive with DVD NAVI 800 and i'm having issues connecting my IPOD touch 8gb 3rd gen through the USB port in the armrest, I can connect it up with the AUX socket, but when i try the usb socket, all i get is "accessory connected" on the ipod screen and "ipod connected" or "waiting for ipod" on the navi screen and it just sits there and continues to play the radio, as if it's trying to load all the ipod info onto the navi system before it will let me use the device properly.

It did work for a brief second yesterday, when it displayed the track on the nav screen but then went off after a few seconds and didn't play any sound.

Has anyone else had this issue ?

I've read various things on the web about problems with the usb port, some say to use only the USB cable that comes with the IPOD, others say it might need upgrading to 4.1.2 software or some mention about having the software in the navi system upgraded ?

2) Before I got the car, the previous owner had the rear boot window
    smashed and now the second part of the parcel shelf (the loose curved bit), doesn't fit properly as the locating lugs are partly broke, I've been into the local Vauxhall dealer and he said that you cannot get the lugs and you have to order the full shelf unit (vx part num :- 13279446) and there £68 plus Vat !!! anyone know if i can get the lugs on there own or maybe a second hand cheap shelf unit from somewhere ?

I forgot to mention the IPOD issues when there.

Apart from that, the car is stunning to drive, sit in and look at. Mine is in Myth Green which actually looks like British Racing Green and should look very good when it's polished but having 2 foot of snow in Yorkshire, makes it very hard to keep clean,

Thanks in advance for reading and trying to help, ta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hello mate,

I can't help personally but if you have a look on www.insignia-enthusiast.org there are several topics relating to issues with various ipods etc.

You may find your answer there

Jon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The ipod/navi interoperability is quite specific. Check the infotainment manual in your book pack for which versions of Ipod are supported by the DVD800 unit.

From the Astra MY11 manual:

Supported iPod models
    ■ iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th
    generation)
    ■ iPod with video (5th/5.5th
    generation)
    ■ iPod classic (6th generation)
    ■ iPod touch (1st/2nd generation)
    ■ iPhone (3rd generation)

You may need to get a software upgrade done to DVD800 so that it is able to work with your specific Ipod, especially if it is newer than the car.

Example - I had a Astra J on test with a CD500 unit in it. My 30GB Ipod photo (colour screen) wouldn't work, my wife's 6Gb Gen 1 Ipod Mini, wouldn't work, but her other 16GB Ipod Nano Gen 4 worked fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you got it from a VX dealer take a trip down and speak to the guy that sold you it. Tell him the head unit wont accept your ipod and you believe it needs a software update im sure you wont have a problem getting it done FOC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for all the replies, connected the IPOD touch 3g to my pc today and it downloaded the latest Apple software 4.2.1, i then connected it to the navi system using the usb lead that i got with the IPOD and waited a few seconds and hey presto, my whole album list appeared and i got them to play,volume,change, etc via the stereo and steering wheel controls.

Thanks again for the info,

Thread Information