User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What exactly does the Manufaturers Warranty cover??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default What exactly does the Manufaturers Warranty cover??

Hi all,

I've an 08 plate vectra c with 6 months warranty still left on it. Ive read on here about the squeaky seat issues to which I have suffered the same problems with claiming, further more, I've been told my top bearings on the front suspension are worn and are 'allegedly' only covered to '37,000' miles and so they want £170.00 to fix (£3 items!!!)
    Obviously VX wont be repairing this but I've found nothing is actually claimable on the manufacturers warranty.
    I'll be having a good read of it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think it just about covers you off the premesis, for the first use only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by pba View Post
    Hi all,

I've an 08 plate vectra c with 6 months warranty still left on it. Ive read on here about the squeaky seat issues to which I have suffered the same problems with claiming, further more, I've been told my top bearings on the front suspension are worn and are 'allegedly' only covered to '37,000' miles and so they want £170.00 to fix (£3 items!!!)
    Obviously VX wont be repairing this but I've found nothing is actually claimable on the manufacturers warranty.
    I'll be having a good read of it

love to know where you get a top bearing for suspension for £3 , last time i brought one it was £23+vat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The warranty does'nt cover wear and tear. Brakes, tyres, suspension and bushes etc are all wearable items.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the warranty will only cover genuine manufacturing defects
    not wear and tear which is what most manufacturers are now playing on ....

what is classified as wear and tear and how is the tolerance on such an item classified

for example your top mounts could have completed 38000 miles on motorways, or 38000 miles on b & c class roads who is to determine the cause of failure - the manufacturer SHOULD but have now issued the dealers with the "restricted mileage /age" limits as to what they classify acceptable

= its prevalent through all manufacturers now - the new 10 year/lifetime warranty will without a doubt have many clauses and restrictions as the makers have tightened their belts over the past 24 months on what is an acceptable claim where as all along the warranty should have and still should cover genuine manufacturing defects

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The first year warranty covers just about everything

The second and third year warranty is not as comprehensive
    It certainly should cover the suspension, I've never had any problems claiming for any worn parts, even through wear and tear; including bushes and bearings

It won't cover the seat trim, but it should cover any mechanical or electrical components within the seat construction

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a leaking shocker on my Astra H with only 32k on the clock it should have been changed very clearly visable but vauxhall said no it's not to be changed untill if fails completley.

It was spotted in the service at my local indie.

With this vectra a 58 plate i have had a new steering column & u/j.
    A new wheel which was buckled at time of sale and got them to do all 4 wheel alignment for free.

But they don't like to spend there money.!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtee View Post
    I had a leaking shocker on my Astra H with only 32k on the clock it should have been changed very clearly visable but vauxhall said no it's not to be changed untill if fails completley
    Yes, I had a similar issue with the rear shock absorbers
    I reported dreadful knocking noises; no fault found
    Even had the Service Manager out in the car with me; yes, I can hear it
    Six months later, after the OE warranty expired, the shock absorber starts leaking; oh yes, it's faulty, like doh!
    Thankfully the AA warranty covered it

A leaking shock absorber has CLEARLY failed
    I would have refused to take the car back; that is a clear MoT failure, and therefore VX are giving you back a car in an unroadworthy condition, they would be completely liable

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    The first year warranty covers just about everything

The second and third year warranty is not as comprehensive
    It certainly should cover the suspension, I've never had any problems claiming for any worn parts, even through wear and tear; including bushes and bearings

It won't cover the seat trim, but it should cover any mechanical or electrical components within the seat construction
    no....... the first year warranty will still only cover manufacturing defects but without some of the new limitations imposed

and i quote

The Lifetime Warranty is valid only for the following components of the vehicle:

1.Engine and transmission and electronic parts of the powertain such as ECU.
    2.Powertrain: drive shafts, differential gears, electronic parts of the powertrain.
    3.Steering: steering gear, pump, electronic parts of the steering system.
    4.Brake system: ABS/ESP system including hydraulic unit, brake booster, main and wheel brake cylinders, vacuum pump, brake proportioning valve.
    5.Fuel system: fuel pump, injection pump, electronic parts of the fuel injection systems.
    6.Exhaust system: Turbo charger including actuator, electronic parts of the exhaust system, Lambda Sond.
    7.Cooling system: radiator, heater core, thermostat, water pump, radiator for the automatic transmission, cooling fan.
    8.Safety systems: Electronic control unit for airbags and for seat-belt tensioners.
    9.Aircondition: Compressor, evaporator, condenser, fan.
    10.Electrical equipment: electronic control units excluding navigation, lighting and radar system, but including repair by flashing new software, generator, starter, electronic parts of the ignition system, ignition wiring, central electric units, instrument cluster unit, board computer, wiper motors, heating ventilator, horn, electronic parts of the window lifters, front/ rear window heaters (excluding breakage), electronic parts of the sunroof, the central door locking and the convertible roof.

Wiring harnesses, hoses and connectors are excluded.

Furthermore, not covered are all service maintenance repairs and wear and tear parts as mentioned in section 3 of the Vauxhall Warranty terms. Excluded is the replacement of components that have failed due to wear and tear.

The warranty does not extend to the fixing of consequential damage caused by the above mentioned covered components
    Last edited by Deztroyer; 29th November 2010 at 21:14. Reason: added warranty t&c's

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have never had any problems, just need to be "persuasive"
    The most obvious is failed rear brake discs
    I accept wear and tear, but not sudden failure
    I have had both sets replaced on both Vectras I have owned, typically around two years / 30K miles

Strange there is no mention of suspension...
    I had the offside strut replaced

Then there is the nearside wheel bearing, that too was replaced under OE warranty

On my Vectra B the rear bumper was replaced
    Also the entire locking system had to be replaced, but that was at the dealerships expense (as part of the sales agreement)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information