Thread: one sick car

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default one sick car

hi last week i posted on here about my turbo charger going on my Vectra 2.0 L dTI LS (plate 53 45000 miles metalic ) worse case scenario it has done the engine in to replace both parts over £3500 do i give up on it .what would i get for it Any suggestion appreciated Cheers

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

If engine has gone then i would buy a 2nd low mileage engine with everything attached for about £400 - £500 but you will have to get security code from donor car for resetting fuel pump or you could just fit yours

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sadly not worth repairing the car unless you can get a really cheapo second hand engine from a scrapper. Back in August my 2006 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Edge was valued for trade in at anything from £3500 to £4200 as a functioning car some 3 years younger (but higher miles) than your Vectra. Your best option is probably to sell it for scrap, as I doubt any dealer will buy it from you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamLX View Post
    Sadly not worth repairing the car unless you can get a really cheapo second hand engine from a scrapper. Back in August my 2006 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Edge was valued for trade in at anything from £3500 to £4200 as a functioning car some 3 years younger (but higher miles) than your Vectra. Your best option is probably to sell it for scrap, as I doubt any dealer will buy it from you.

that may be your opinion but when you can get another engine cheap enough why the hell would you scrap it

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If i was you i would put it on ebay as it is,there are quite a few bidders out there buying non-runners, not worth the hassle IMO, unless you can do all the work yourself.
    Good excuse to get a new one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you like the car then i would be tempted to replace engine if you can get one cheap enough and get it fitted cheap,if not then as above sell whole car on ebay as non runner and list its faults you may get enough to put towards another veccy but i doubt you will get one with as low miles as yours for low money.

If mine ever went i would either replace engine or buy another Dti and transfer everything over to it or i might even be tempted to break it as with parts alone i would get near £2000 but mines kitted out with irmscher

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    that may be your opinion but when you can get another engine cheap enough why the hell would you scrap it

I did say that unless he could get a cheapo second hand engine!!!!!! No one can argue that it would make economic sense to pay £3500 for brand new engine for a 2003 Vectra unless it held some amazing sentimental value to him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

1000 pounds sorts problem 5/700 new engine 200 fit and oil + filter change 100 diagnostics

jobs a good one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamLX View Post
    You said his best option is to scrap it ...to me his best option is to replace engine not scrap it !

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by markj23 View Post
    1000 pounds sorts problem 5/700 new engine 200 fit and oil + filter change 100 diagnostics

jobs a good one

Even £1000 to repair a car of this age and value is not a simple decision, as given what the car could be sold for as parts, it may still make more sense not to repair.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information