0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VXR Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : 2800

Year : 2008

Mileage : 3000

Default GT5 or Forza

For those that have played both or have both which do u think is best.

GT5 on PS3

FORZA 3 or 4 on XBOX
    (sorry not sure which is latest version of Forza.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2.8T 280 vxr

Trim : 280 vxr

Engine : 2.8t

Year : 2007

They both have ups and downs. I personally prefer GT5. Got bored of forza very fast. Personally think any racing game that u can rewind when you crash is a fail lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

No brainer: Forza 3, everything is tuneable, ALL cars are Premium with internal / external views, All cars were designed from scratch to be in FM3, Everything is available from the start, no need to level up to get bodywork or mechanical damage effect on cars, All cars can be painted any colour you want and more than once without the need to unlock anything, Online works fine, comprehensive design studio built in so that you can make your car individual, and you can take part in any challenge your chosen car / vehicle is allowed in, FM3 career is not driver level dependant, ViP's get free cars gifted from turn10 every month.

The difference in how cars handle in GT5 & FM3 gameplay is pretty minimal...

Metacritic score for FIA WRC 2010:- 66
    Metacritic score for GT5 Prologue:- 80 (2008)
    Metacritic score for Test Drive Unlimited:- 82 (2006)
    Metacritic score for GT5:- 85 (2010)
    Metacritic Score for DiRT 2:- 87 (2009)
    Metacritic score for GRID:- 87 (2008)
    Metacritic score for GT4:- 89 (2005)
    Metacritic scoree for Forza 2:- 90 (2007)
    Metacritic score for Forza 3:- 92 (2009)
    Metacritic score for Forza:- 92 (2005)
    Metacritic score for GT3:- 95 (2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuddy View Post
    Personally think any racing game that u can rewind when you crash is a fail lol
    Eh, It's not mandatory, I've never used it myself.. No one makes you rewind when YOU fail lol Is it any different to those players who hit restart when they fail??
    I believe its a function that was copied from Codemasters GRID..
    Last edited by Big-Pete; 28th November 2010 at 17:33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Chuddy View Post
    They both have ups and downs. I personally prefer GT5. Got bored of forza very fast. Personally think any racing game that u can rewind when you crash is a fail lol
    But cars without interiors are fine? Or cars that can hit barriers at 100mph without sustaining damage are ok?

GT5 Is not very good ,you know it and i know it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2.8T 280 vxr

Trim : 280 vxr

Engine : 2.8t

The thing i prefer in forza is the design aspect of it, as you said, you can make your car your own and the tuneability is also of higher quality but for me forza got old really fast. Admitibly GT5 is new and may also get old fast but the gameplay for me is better than it was in forza and i think will outlast it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Mileage : 66000

at BigPete, typical Xbox fanboy response - for anyone asking this question, try them both and you will see which is better

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_BlackSRi View Post
    at BigPete, typical Xbox fanboy response - for anyone asking this question, try them both and you will see which is better

Thats what I did.

Went to Argos and bought GT5 With steering wheel and pedal setup as a bundle for just over £50. But the game just is not as good as it should of been.

We all want GT5 to be the best, we've all grown up playing Gran Turismo but unfortunatley if we are all HONEST it just is not any better than Forza an in a few ways its worse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_BlackSRi View Post

PMSL.. Please explain what was fanboy'ish about my response? I answered the question that was asked, IMHO FM3 is a better game to play, There was not a single mention of X360 in my post and I included Metacritic scores for comparisons that show how some of the best driving games stack up in the view of many of the top games reviewers, for those that dont know what Metacritic is, It's a website that collates reviews of games, Music Films ,TV shows, DVD's etc and gives them a numerical score from each review obtained, the total is then averaged and the score recorded..

I'm a gamer, The game is important Dan, If I was a fanboy I wouldn't have bought GT5 in the 1st place, (I've been signed off work since June 2007 now so I don't just buy things for the sake of it..) I'd have put it on the rental list with all the other not so good games that I dont want to buy but wouldn't mind playing.. FYI Dan, I enjoy games and gaming, I have over 600 Hi Def gaming videos published on video share sites such as Youtube, metacafe and dailymotion and I'm in the process of setting up my own Gaming Video Share site (Game-Play.tv) which will go live once the legal side of things (Copyright issues etc) has been sorted out.

I can almost guarantee that I spend more time on a either a PS3 or X360 console during the week and weekends reviewing/playing games or DLC / demo's than most people on here (With the exception maybe of Markone), I buy a lot of games and regulary get sent review code (review copies) from publishers/developers, I also have access to X360 & PS3 debug units (as I own and run a non profit PS3 & Xbox 360 gaming site with the help of Ian (IanT) & Sean (Big Sig) (Will reopen the PC gaming side of things if anyone wants to take it on?)

I will admit to not being the biggest fan of the PS3 as a console But thats my right and my personal preference because of the way it works, But the PS and PS2 were amazing and I had them both on their respective launch days.. As a gamer if a game is good I will sing it's praises no matter what console it's on.. Uncharted 2 for example was a fanstastic game with excellent graphics (But linear gameplay) M.A.G is just pants, Heavy Rain, good storyline but very linear with more QTE's (button press sequences) than most games.. Little Big Planet is excellent fun, MGS games are awesome as are the Socoms and Killzones, GT3 & GT4 were Brilliant.. For me the PS3 is too time consuming, Things on the PS3 seem to take longer and theres so many system updates on it, In comparison the X360 dashboard only gets 2 mandatory updates a year at most, Title updates are also a PITA on the PS3 ie: put game in> get update notification> download said update>then install said update>then wait for console to reboot> then select game again> Enjoy game, Same thing on the X360 would be Put game in>Get Update notification > download and install update in one hit>The game then automatically starts>enjoy game> and automatically reconnect to your party chat (if you were in one). Only on very rare occassions will the X360 reboot after a title (game)update..

I'd say that It's you that is the Fanboy as you are Pro PS3 regardless..

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Might buy GT5 tomorrow the adverts have lured me

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Mileage : 66000

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    I will admit to not being the biggest fan of the PS3 as a console...
    This means any PS3 title has to go that bit further than their 360 counterparts for your to arrive at the same outcome, its the same on "most" of the multi-platform sites these days, which is a shame.

I am no fanboy, I don't overly like GT5, not bought it (was going to till I tried it) but its still better than Forza as a driving sim (not a Burnout style Arcade racer).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information