Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Hi All

Hey Guys/Gals

I have just bought a 2003 Signum 2.2 DTI Design to replace my 2005 Ford Mondeo estate 130TDCI (195k on the clock)that rolled into a ditch.

I escaped without a mark so all good.

I bought the Sigy as it had the functionality of an estate without the old man looks. I am a keen mountain bike/ Road bike rider and I refuse to put my bikes on the outside of the car, to prevent me being followed and having the bikes pinched (sad but it happens).

Anyway I think I good a good deal on the car, 2003 for 2.5k with 100k on the clock. The car was stupid dirty but has cleaned up like new, removed all the stains from the carpets and seats etc and now Im really pleased with it. However it does seem that I may have lost some of the fords reliability as I have a few niggles.

I have fixed the boot release, and will add without removing all the interior panels and exterior mouldings and without cutting the rubber boot (ill explain in that post). But I have issues with starting, from cold great glow plug kicks in and it starts on the button, if the cars luke warm and the glow plug doesnt kick in, i have to crank it over a few time and touch the throttle and also....

The biggest problem; which is the clutch....the car drives fine, the clutch isnt heavy, it bites fine, and the pedal springs back as normal, but if at 1500rpm you floor the clutch slips, meaning the car revs to 3500k before it starts to increase speed. If anyone has experiencesd this i would be grateful.

Si

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum & Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : POS derv

Year : 2014

welcome to Vec-c.. there will always be niggles its a car that other pople once owned and have not cared for it properly..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

welcome along

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well it seems I have a magic fix itself car, the clutch has started to behave and the starting issue has gone.....the car had sat around for 3 months so that could be the reason!

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Signum_Si View Post
    Hey Guys/Gals

I have just bought a 2003 Signum 2.2 DTI Design to replace my 2005 Ford Mondeo estate 130TDCI (195k on the clock)that rolled into a ditch.

Si

Ouch that must hurt having to go from a 2005 5 seater car to one that is both older and smaller (4 seats and small boot). Glad it was only the Mondeo written off and not you or a passenger.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamLX View Post
    Ouch that must hurt having to go from a 2005 5 seater car to one that is both older and smaller (4 seats and small boot). Glad it was only the Mondeo written off and not you or a passenger.
    Thanks for the concern bud, I was very lucky, a guy I work with lost his son on the same corner a couple of years ago.

I dont really see it as a step down, the mundaneno was a bit old man looking and was only a basic model. Before that I had an Audi A4 Cabriolet but had to sell due to my ex doing a runner and leaving me with a hefty mortgage. That i regard as a massive step down!

In any case the sig has 5 seats !?! (no travel assist) and with the seats down is fairly big, big enough for my bikes and dog anyway so I havent really lost any practicality.

However I was too confident before the clutch and starting issues have returned..

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The middle of the Sig rear seat is really only suitable for extremely occasional use for very short journies as while a belt is fitted you would be sitting on a ridege at 9 inches wide.. It really was designed to sit two people in comfort. I used to drive a 2002 Mondeo LX hatch, and other than it having steel wheels it actually compared very favourably in terms of toys with all but the highest trim Vx. Mind you by 2005 they had reduced the spec on the LX (ie manual rear windows etc). The only thing the Sig would have that would really be any better than the Mondeo LX is the half leather seats and the trip computer. My Mother-in-law has a Signum Design. Must be a little newer as it has the 1.9CDTi (150) rather than the older 2.2 DTi.

Forum Moderator & Events Team davedrinks's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Hatch

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.8VVTi 16v

Year : 2008

Mileage : circa 28K

Mods : Insignia Washer Jets,Boot & Footwell LEDs,Reverse Cam,Pioneer AVH-3200BT,Pioneer TS-Q172C(front),Alpine MRVT407 V12 Amp,Alpine SBE-1243BR 12" Sub,In Car Freeview TV,Heko Wind Deflectors,Airbox mod,K&N Panel Filter,Irmscher Boot Spoiler,Angel Eyes, 50W 5K HIDs, 30mm Lo lowering springs, Eyebrows,17" Fox Alloys,Powerflow Stainless Steel dual exhaust. Winner-Best I.C.E-Heritage Centre Meet 2013

Thread Information