Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused

Quote Originally Posted by neverlandandy View Post
    fingers crossed for you mate nothing more frustrating than when a mechanic doesnt understand what your on about
    Tell me bout it! It doesn't help that I don't understand what I'm talking about either :/

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

I would insist they update software and carry out field remedy free of charge then get them to try a cold start !!

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

dont let them give you the run around either you did not need injectors/seals so you want your money back their diagnostics did not fix the problem and you where not told it could be injectors/seals or what ever else is wrong (have they changed temp sender?) before they start work they tell you how much it will be! they say it will be 404 or what ever to sort out the car well they where wrong so insist on a refund as it did not sort it their problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When I was talking to the fella about the fact the seals were not needed, he replied 'well they still needed doing" to which I told him so did the pollen filter but you didn't change that did you?

I will be telling them I want the field remedy etc done free of charge when I speak to them, well I hope I will. I go to pieces when talking to them as its obvious they know I don't have a clue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Facelift

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9Cdti 150

Year : 2007

Default t

No it was the workshop controller who is not normally a trained mechanic, unfortunately these are just the front service desk who have a limited knowledge that they pick from the mechanics.
    My local stealers WJ King have been pretty good a couple of times they have fitted parts that made no difference to the problem each time they have taken parts off and put original back on then eventually found the correct part.
    Remember there is a 12 months warranty on any Official Vauxhall spare parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If they definitely stated doing seals would cure problem then you have them,they should refund you , its different if they said its a process of elimination as it could be seals

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

good one on the pollen filter lol if he still keeps going on ask to speak with dealer principal and tell him I was told X pounds will sort the problem out it has not sorted if I wanted some one to guess what was wrong I would have asked my mum to guess you cant go putting parts on not knowing whether it will sort it they are robbing ba****ds thats why everyone calls them stealer's a good technician should be able to troubleshoot whats wrong fitters just change parts and hope it sorts it out, ask to see the knackered seals that you should have been shown when collecting the car the seals would have made it run lumpy (leaking air) not stop it starting cold

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Morning all.
    Well looking out the window they are definitely going to have difficulty starting it.

It was definitely not a process of illimination (sp) I was told that was the ONLY fault on the car. The exact words were, 'everything else is running perfect, you just have 1 advisory which is the pollen filter'
    I pointed out to her that we always believed it to be down to the plugs, and could it be related and she said yes. (Which I now to know to be absolute bull)

Now when I spoke to her on the phone yesterday she told me that fault could have been hiding another on the diagnostics. Which I also believe to be rubbish.

Thanks for ongoing support and advice from you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

my advice would be to arrange for them to supply you with a courtesy car this should then allow them to leave your car outside and experience the cold start issues first hand for themselves ...like most cold start issues there only going to occur the first time in the morning when it is fully cold
    the next few days would give them ample oppertunity to experience and resolve the matter - i would have it booked in with them for 3 days to allow them to test /rectify and then retest again on the 3rd day having hopefully resolved the matter ....

regards

Dez

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They should be reading live data when they try to start it from cold any good tech guy will see the problem.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information