Thread: follow up from last thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default follow up from last thread

I recently posted about a problem I was having, however I don't think anyone was reading it anymore.
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...77#post1370977

Please have a quick read as then you'll know where I'm up to.

So after the plugs and the relay the next step was Vauxhall. They found all 4 fuel injector seals to be faulty and leaking diesel and told me this was definitely the cause of my problem with the car not starting good once cold.

Still convinced it was something to do with the plugs I questioned it, but was told no other faults were found on the car.

Glad the problem had been found, I managed to just about scrape together the £404 it cost to repair
    Next afternoon I picked up the car, all seemed well, I drove home and left the car on the drive over night.

Untill this morning. Car is still EXACTLY the same. WTF do I do now? Vauxhall aren't going to be any help if they convinced there is no other problems.

I'm gutted, I don't have the money for more repairs and my car is still broke

Any help really appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well if they diagnosed it take it back and say sorry wrong diagnostics please sort out and I will have my money back please as you have not fixed the problem!!!

they will then put it back on tech 2 and have a look and sort but stick to your guns they will find the next thing thats wrong and try to charge you again however you are in credit you did not need the seals and the tech 2 session they charged you for has not identified the problem

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

ECU update and alter glowplug timing there's a field remedy for it I will get the number then ring vuaxhall and tell them to look on TIS for it and they should do it for you

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Field Remedy: 1579

Subject:Engine - Bad cold start behaviour Models:Engines:Option:Vectra-C 2002...2003Y20DTHNoneComplaint:Bad cold start behaviour especially between +5 and +9°C coolant temperature.Cause:Problem caused by Software deviation.Production:Production implementation pending, details will be communicated upon availability.
    Remedy:

In case of customer complaint reprogram with new software (decrease of cold start injection amount and modified preheat phase timing).Available with TIS-CD 40, April 2003.Functional Group:J - Engine Complaint Group:13 - No/Poor Function Trouble Code:None

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thank you for advice both of you. Big Mac, that means nothing to me right down to where you mentioned field remedy. But I will tell them what you have told me this evening when I drop the car off. Many thanks. Will update.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Basically the ECU software can become corrupt and alters the startup from cold,Normally the glowplugs will come on every start regardless of how cold it is,you only ever see an indication of glowplugs when its cold and you see the glowplug symbol on dash but normally they just heat up for a few seconds on every start.

The Field remedy is a known problem and vauxhall release these notes to all dealers all over the country so if anyone is having a problem with starting there Y20DTH they can look up on TIS ( Program vauxhall use) and they will see there's a problem and how to fix it.

In this case they will have to update ECU to newest firmware and decrease cold start injection then alter the preheat timing phase

So basically it will heat glowplugs for longer when stating

HTH let us know what they say and tbh they should do this FOC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for putting it in layman's terms Big Mac. I should know more at tea time today. Have already told the receptionist at Lookers that I wish to talk with the mechanic working on my car so I can tell him the info you have given me.
    As always, big thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Let us know the out come

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So they are once again in possession on the Vec.
    I spoke to the 'workshop controller?' And asked him about what you told me. His answer, 'yes there is a field remedy'. So could it be that I asked him, to which he started waffling on about how fuel injectors work!?
    I told him the injectors wernt the problem though as it still doesn't start, then he told me when he'd fixed the injector seals the car started fine??!! Err yes it will do, it only affects in when left overnight. Grrr. To which he tells me the injectors won't have helped.
    Ffs, I'm going round in circles with them. Now I'm waiting for them to get back to me tomorrow lunchtime after yet another cold start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Elite Nav Grand Sport

Trim : Elite

Year : 2017

fingers crossed for you mate nothing more frustrating than when a mechanic doesnt understand what your on about

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information