Thread: Rear Fogs On Siggy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace
    the reason only one fog works now , is because on the sheer ammount of window lickers that for some unknown reason have managed to acquire a driving license , the thick people might think you might be braking , hence the reason for one fog light at the rear .
    Makes sense and also makes me mad Grrrrrr...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Growler
    Nope, it cant be tech2 enabled, on my hatch the wire in the loom was not physically there on the N/S, I ran a wire across so both lights worked.
    But I thought the Rear fog is used as a brake light if the brake light and side light both fail or have I got that wrong? Haven't checked my rear light clusters in much detail on my new car yet but I know my last vectra had a bulb fitted in the slot ... if there is no wire to this slot is it just there for easier manufacturing?

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

The rear lamps are all rated at 21w. They are given different voltages depending on which lamp is out. Can't remember which way around but there is a thread on here somewhere about it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caterman
    The rear lamps are all rated at 21w. They are given different voltages depending on which lamp is out. Can't remember which way around but there is a thread on here somewhere about it
    That's how I understood it but if there isn't a wire to the Fog on one side then it surely can't be used for this? Also if you are pulling a wire from one side to the other this would screw things up?

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah, but if it decides to use the fog light as a side or brake light, all it will mean is both fogs come on, so no harm done really.
    I expect both light units are complete for ease of manufacturing, so the wiring tracks and bulb are complete on both sides, but the wiring loom itself must be completely different for left and right hand drives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ive got the silver style lexus lights on the rear of me veccy and have put a wire from one fog to the other because i thought it looked pantz with just the one rear fog.They have been like that now for several months and work great. Occasionally i have had the bulb warning light come on whilst driving.The car never did this before i wired up the other fog. When it has come on i have checked all bulbs and not one of them is out so i guess its because of the wire to the other bulb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by steve.o
    Ive got the silver style lexus lights on the rear of me veccy and have put a wire from one fog to the other because i thought it looked pantz with just the one rear fog.They have been like that now for several months and work great. Occasionally i have had the bulb warning light come on whilst driving.The car never did this before i wired up the other fog. When it has come on i have checked all bulbs and not one of them is out so i guess its because of the wire to the other bulb.
    'tis interesting ... I know you can hear it clicking down each bulb if you listen closely to each of the clusters which indicates to me it must be applying a very small charge to each bulb in sequence checking continuity in the filament ... perhaps the extra run of wire puts it right on the edge of resistance threshold to get a positive return or not?

For the amount of times I actually use my rear fogs think I will leave be ... if it was my front fogs on the other hand ... very handy indeed on country lanes to open out the road at night.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The bulb failure thingy can have the odd moment now and again, my hatch did when I first got it with a front indicator, happened a couple of time but settled down.
    I never had any issues running the extra wire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Maybe its just a coincidence then,or is there something weird lurking in the bowls of my vec,other than the missus .Hasnt done it lately so maybe its sorted out its little gliche?Recently put in some of those expensive silver bulbs for the front and rear indicators and it did it then.Like you said,maybe its just running its checks and sorting itself out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information