User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newest Siggy

fishphone

Question Newest Siggy

Can anyone confirm what are the newest reg Siggies on the road. I have a 56 plate 2.2 petrol which I am well chuffed with except that I am doing 20k miles/year to/from work so is costing me a bomb. Would really like to replace it in the Spring for a 1.9CDTI but obviously want as new as possible. I have seen nothing newer than 2008 57 plates.

Defo want another one as the flat boot area with seats down is absolutely brill for when I put my fishing gear in!!!

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

There were one or two 08 plate ones I think mate, but 57 is the latest one you'll find a decent amount of...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default MPG

Hi,

what mpg to you get, my 2.2 Direct Auto is down to 26/7 in town and up to 38 on a motorway cruise?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by fishphone View Post
    Can anyone confirm what are the newest reg Siggies on the road. I have a 56 plate 2.2 petrol which I am well chuffed with except that I am doing 20k miles/year to/from work so is costing me a bomb. Would really like to replace it in the Spring for a 1.9CDTI but obviously want as new as possible. I have seen nothing newer than 2008 57 plates.

Defo want another one as the flat boot area with seats down is absolutely brill for when I put my fishing gear in!!!

I'm doing 27k a year and swapped from a 2.2 direct SRI Vec to a 1.9CDTi SRI Vec and best thing I've done, nippier, faster, and filling up once a fortnight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Signum

Hmm, I don't want to go back to a Diesel as I love the smooth easy revving 2.2 Direct, it is a very fast car especially under accelaration. I know the Diesel offers more torque in lower gears.

I prefer the revving all the way to the redline with power all the way than the narrow power band offered by the Diesel unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Agree,.. 2.2 direct ws very smooth,.. but them spanner lights put me off. Nice and crips steering too.

I dont think fishphone will be disappointed with the diesel tho - less gearchange n faffing about, certainly feels faster than the 2.2 petrol imo too.

fishphone

Quote Originally Posted by bebrox View Post
    Hi,

what mpg to you get, my 2.2 Direct Auto is down to 26/7 in town and up to 38 on a motorway cruise?
    Am getting 35 doing a daily 70 mile round trip on A roads, but thats not ragging it much over 60.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the derv 150 with a tuning box on it will be alot faster and more responsive drive than the 2.2 and as for the speed facter on a "private" road i have kept up with astra 'g' gsi and an astra sporthatch 888 so the speed thing wont be an issue mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I drive a 2.2 petrol and have often been left behind at the lights by diesel vecs, I would love a derv right now but can't afford the change right now! Just got a 1.4cdti ford fusion for my wife and she is loving it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Signum 2.2 Direct Elite Auto

I am not a boy racer but sometimes I get a car next to me at the lights (starting grid) on the outside lane and you can tell he wants to take off. Mostly I ignore the challenge but on the odd occasion...

I defy most drivers who are up for a quick sprint not to make a mess of changing the gears when up against my 2.2 direct Auto, I simply plant my foot down and whoosh (I always back off when the legal limit is reached!) then allow the driver to catch up and pass me as he breaks the speed the limit!

Thread Information