Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused after a bit employment advice

i've been working for the same company for the last 4 years and have always had the work van home, well we had a new manager start last year and of the 18 of us who have vans at home he has suddenly decided to take mine off me with no explanation. when i confronted him about it he said it was cost cutting, but i'm the only one he has taken the van from and i live the closest to the depot (about 15 miles). so i thought fair enough and bought the company parking permit for my car at a cost of £35 for the year which he has now revoked and no refund. i have never been in trouble at work or had any complaints, and do everything by the book so to speak. he now informed me today that he's revoking my £100 drivers bonus aswell untill further notice. then i lost the rag and told him i was gonna batter his **** in!! as i dont see what i have done wrong and he just seems to dislike me. i asked for the number for our hr department but he wont give it to me and says if i contact them he will make life very difficult. any advice guys as i'm gonna end up doin summit i regret soon?

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by signumturbo04 View Post
    then i lost the rag and told him i was gonna batter his **** in!!any advice guys as i'm gonna end up doin summit i regret soon?

Hmmm, sounds very strange, you should contact higher management, but I think you may have already done something you may live to regret!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds like he has something on you. HR number should be in your contract of employment in the 'Grievance Procedures' section... look through that

I'd also say you've caused some damage with the method of handling this already. Have you rtied arranging a meet with him to air views?
    Last edited by chewy71; 15th November 2010 at 15:04.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Facelift

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9Cdti 150

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by chewy71 View Post
    Sounds like he has something on you. HR number should be in your contract of employment in the 'Grievance Procedures' section... look through that

I'd also say you've caused some damage with the method of handling this already. Have you rtied arranging a meet with him to air views?
    This amounts to constructive dismissal, also in your original contract did it state you would be supplied with a company vehicle??

I had similar many years ago with one particular manager I went above him to the depot director and was given the van back after a month, in the mean time I had to buy a motorcycle to get me to work.

I travelled all over the UK but had spent some month,s in Hong Kong working for the company, whilst there I returned the van to the yard, but it was in my contract for company vehicle so after word in his shell like by director he had to give me another van.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 2.0 Ltr Turbo

Year : 2004

Mileage : 38000

This is bordering on victimization, if its like you say and you are the only one that he is having a go at you have to contact HR and explain what has happened and what has been said ...write it all down so you dont forget ( dates /times etc ) you have not done yourself any favors by saying what you have said but its his word against yours unless he has witnesses ...seems like a wannabe gangster to me and not a very good one at that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Quote Originally Posted by signumboy View Post
    This is bordering on victimization,

Sounds more like Bullying to me. Sorry hope I dont sound rude, but how do you not know how to contact your own HR department? As you've worked for the same company for over 4 years you are fully protected by law. Sorry to state the obvious but you need to keep your cool, by loosing it and telling him your going to kick his **** in only plays into his hands mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

any future meetings with the manager should also be conducted with an independant "witness/friend" in case it turns into a Tit4tat your word against his - either that or record your meetings with him.

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    Sounds more like Bullying to me. Sorry hope I dont sound rude, but how do you not know how to contact your own HR department? As you've worked for the same company for over 4 years you are fully protected by law. Sorry to state the obvious but you need to keep your cool, by loosing it and telling him your going to kick his **** in only plays into his hands mate.
    dunno how to contact HR as we are part of a massive company and the HR department isnt in our depot. i tried calling the HR number on our contract but its just a dead line

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As above mate. First things first, you need to get in touch with HR, or at least a manager above yours.

Bullying in the workplace will never look good, so if you are going to put this accusations across, make sure that its genuine and that you aren't just feeling hard done by. From what you have said, it sounds like outright bullying unless there is justifiable reason for your gaff's actions.

Do you need your van to work, or do you just use it to get to work and back?

Lastly, the biggest thing you have to be certain of is your contractual obligation. If you aren't meant to have a van, then you may not have a leg to stand on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Invite him on the works night out then PARTY TIME

Sorry mate.... I hope u get it sorted soon tho

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information