Thread: neuton nt 5000's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default neuton nt 5000's

well as i noted when i collected my new Siggy that the garage had kindly fitted the cheapest option of rubber (sunni's) i decided to see how these would indeed handle - and i can say for "general" day to day driving ...there ok - nothing special and not particularly grippy in the corners

nd when its wet there a different kettle of fish altogether .....the IDS and TC lights working at 60+mph on accelerating is a little disconcerting to say the least

- i wanted them off the car as quickly as possible but as i'm still exploring wheel options at present didnt want to fit an ultra expensive pair of rubber boots....for me to shelve them in a month or two

so having trawled the Saab Forums when i was doing the Turbo transplant i kept hearing of the above tyres sold by Neo bros .....and even a few posts on here as well by Derek Mc supporting the feedback they were recieving for a tyre that retails for £50 ..

so today i was en route to the madjeski stadium at reading for a conference ...only to arrive to be told that it had been cancelled because of the foorball(have they not heard of this amazing invention called the telephone) .....now as much as i like driving i can think of more enjoyable road than the A14 A11 M11 and M25 to sit on so on my way back i decided to pop into Neo bros at waltham and see if they had some in stock.. and they did
    so i picked up x 2 extra load tyres and had them fitted when i got back to work late this afternoon ..i've been out on them for an hour (50 plus miles) and the initial report is there good

there actually quieter than the pirelli rosso's i had on the old signum on the 18's and grip initially seems very very good ...so if your looking for a reasonable and cheap option they get a thumbs up from me - and i will update the thread as soon as i've taken them out in the wet

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sunni's are crap? Never

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi Dual Fuel NAV

Trim : PreFace SRi

Engine : 1.8 LPG

Year : 53

i bought some Neutons off eBay for my uncle a few years back, and they look awesome. i will defo buy a full set off these when i ruin my Fullruns lol.

PaZ!

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sig View Post
    Sunni's are crap? Never
    They're a bit like the weather in Iraq - Sunni in areas, but mostly Shiite...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thats fine - http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/neuton-...47.html?page=2

but I can get kuhmo 712's for the same money give or take a couple of quid.

I'm running them on the gsi now and they stick really well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by david.aka.judas View Post
    thats fine - http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/neuton-...47.html?page=2

but I can get kuhmo 712's for the same money give or take a couple of quid.

I'm running them on the gsi now and they stick really well.

Hi David,

i've had Kuhmo's as well i have to say these do rate better in my opinion

there rated treadwear 320
    traction AA
    temp A

Treadwear: The index represents how quickly a tyre becomes worn. The index is between 60 and 620, with 100 as the reference sandard. E.G. a tyre with a treadware of 50 will wear 2 times faster than a normal tyre whereas a tyre with a treadwear index of 320 will wear 3.2 times more slowly. The higher the treadwear index, the longer the life of the cycle.

Traction: The index represents a tyre's grip on wet roads. This index is indicated by the letters AA (highest index), A, B, C (lowest index and acceptable rating). The higher the traction index, the shorter the braking distance.

Temperature: This index represents a tyre's temperature resistance and its ability to dissipate heat. Excessive heat can cause tyre degradation. This index is indicated by the letters A (highest index), B and C (the lowest index). The temperature index 'A' means that a tyre has good temperature resistance.

Some budget tyres do not to meet these high standards and ratings. The Neuton NT5000 range do and their high quality is obvious once fitted and driven on.
    Last edited by Deztroyer; 24th June 2010 at 07:46. Reason: added blurb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Deztroyer
    I am glad you find them good, lets be honest at the money they will never match say an Goodyear F1 Assy'm or Conti Sport3, but I have never once been caught out in all the months and miles I had them, they are decent for the money when if like me you are jaded by buying branded's and in truth, I can't see me ever going back to Pirelli conti or the like now.

And for David Kumho are Kumho and good enough for them to be fitted to new Ford's Neuton are made by Yokohama and have their investment behind them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well, i said i would update these when we had had some rain and over the past few days ....i can safely say we have had a fair bit

i'm exceedingly happy to report that these are still nice and grippy in the wet considering i have been around roundabouts where i can clearly see large diesel patches formed from spillages ...

the traction is still superb and no traction control lights - i'm still driving normally and still sticking to the road -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy not to have got egg on my face as I was more than happy with them on my 9-5 and found them suiting the nature of that beast, my wife's V5 Golf running 225/40 x 18 is also very smooth and quiet on them.

BUT,,,,,,,,,, when you start suggesting them around you do get a bitty nervous

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Mc View Post
    Whew!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy not to have got egg on my face as I was more than happy with them on my 9-5 and found them suiting the nature of that beast, my wife's V5 Golf running 225/40 x 18 is also very smooth and quiet on them.

BUT,,,,,,,,,, when you start suggesting them around you do get a bitty nervous
    lol Derek.... there a great find and an absolute bargain - all i can say is we must have similar driving styles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information