User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vectra is battered!/insurance probs!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vectra is battered!/insurance probs!!

I cud ramble on about this all nite lol but to put it short, 3weeks ago in dry conditions a 90year old man was blinded by sun and drove straight ova my side of road and went down my car in his mazda2!! I had turned the bend and was driving straight down when i noticed him cumin at such a wrong angle i stopped but he kept comin, when i realised he hasnt seen me i beeped but he was so deaf he cudnt even hear that and carried on into my car.... So i took photos and a voice recordin of him admittin sun was in his eyes, but he is now disputing it and his insurance are tryin to say i cut the bend! I wasnt even on the bend and the 90year old didnt know what planet he was on!!! Im not paying £850 insurance excess at xmas time so the car is left lookin a mess, it is only a wing and a door anyway so doubt ot wud be ova the excess! Why with my evidence etc is this even a dispute! Insurance dont send assessors out to inspect damage or anything! Which that in its self wud tell them who hit who! Its so frustrating u pay all ur money all yr and sumone crashes into and they work like slugs and dont seem to care! What wud u do? I just dont see why i shud pay that excess this time of year when the evidence is so clear! Plus the garages where they wa sending it if i wa to pay the excess are poo!!! Dunno weather to sort it myself get a new wing and door of ebay and get a mate to spray it coz it is an eye sore! Or will that make me loose money and they wont be owt for them to do? Sorry but ive got it off mi chest now! Ha thanx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jow20 View Post
    I cud ramble on about this all nite lol but to put it short, 3weeks ago in dry conditions a 90year old man was blinded by sun and drove straight ova my side of road and went down my car in his mazda2!! I had turned the bend and was driving straight down when i noticed him cumin at such a wrong angle i stopped but he kept comin, when i realised he hasnt seen me i beeped but he was so deaf he cudnt even hear that and carried on into my car.... So i took photos and a voice recordin of him admittin sun was in his eyes, but he is now disputing it and his insurance are tryin to say i cut the bend! I wasnt even on the bend and the 90year old didnt know what planet he was on!!! Im not paying £850 insurance excess at xmas time so the car is left lookin a mess, it is only a wing and a door anyway so doubt ot wud be ova the excess! Why with my evidence etc is this even a dispute! Insurance dont send assessors out to inspect damage or anything! Which that in its self wud tell them who hit who! Its so frustrating u pay all ur money all yr and sumone crashes into and they work like slugs and dont seem to care! What wud u do? I just dont see why i shud pay that excess this time of year when the evidence is so clear! Plus the garages where they wa sending it if i wa to pay the excess are poo!!! Dunno weather to sort it myself get a new wing and door of ebay and get a mate to spray it coz it is an eye sore! Or will that make me loose money and they wont be owt for them to do? Sorry but ive got it off mi chest now! Ha thanx
    m8 dont tell me if you read my thread it says it all...anyway bad times have you still got pics and the recording??.........if so make copies like 3 of everthing and send them to insurance.............and ask were the blokes proof is that you hit him you will win with the pics and the recorrding trust me if they still say no take them to court with your pics and recording court will hear this and see this and take your word over his as YOU have him saying i done it.....but i agree bay all this cash and they just try to get out of this trust m8 you have proof you will win

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Apparatly i dont go to court, insurance co does that for me shud it come to that. Ud av thought my insurace wud av jus shoved the evidence up his insurance companys nose and sed pay out! I got legal cover the works! Wots annoyin me is what is a 90yr old that can barley hear or see or see over steering wheel doin drivin! He shudnt be on road! And i bet he pays about £10 a month car insurance! Shud be £1000 a month for him! And to top it off he got his car fixed the nxt day! Coz his excess probs was peanuts! And im left wi the mess! If summet like this eva happens agen, ill be ringin 999! No matta how small! Then its dispute free wi police statements!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Look at it from the insurance company's point of view:

1) Both drivers claiming the same thing, namely that the other guy was on his side of the road.

2) No independent witnesses to dispute or back up either side of the story.

3) No CCTV footage.

4) Repair costs that aren't high enough to make it worthwhile for the insurers to fight the case in court and pay solicitor's fees.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So hows it eva gunna be resolved jezzy? This is why they shud assess damage to both cars, take statements and work out what the truth is. They are professionals that deal with this all day everyday so shud know how to work out what happened by pairing up statements and assesors damage reports, pictures of the blinding sun on the road etc.. But wot more do they want than a recorded confession!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

And they dont know how much the repair cost is because they havent bothered to send sumone to look at it. Apparently they dont have mobile assessors anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jow20 View Post
    So hows it eva gunna be resolved jezzy? This is why they shud assess damage to both cars, take statements and work out what the truth is. They are professionals that deal with this all day everyday so shud know how to work out what happened by pairing up statements and assesors damage reports, pictures of the blinding sun on the road etc.. But wot more do they want than a recorded confession!?
    Most likely, after a bit of too-ing and throwing between the insurers via letter (our client disputes the sequence of events yada yada), they'll agree to split the overall costs - maybe 50-50, maybe 70-30 (in either party's favour).

The problem with confessions is that they aren't always accurate. Insurers have agreed between themselves who is to blame in all sorts of different accident scenarios, but Joe Bloggs doesn't know that. You get people who apologise for causing the accident because they parked their car at a silly angle and then someone hit it, when in fact insurers say the parked car owner is always blameless - the moving vehicle's driver should have seen it and avoided it. That's why it will say in your policy booklet that after an accident you shouldn't apologise or accept blame at the scene of an accident - firstly because you're not the one who could be liable for thousands of pounds in repairs (the insurers are, not you) and secondly because you don't always know whether it was your fault or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi (VXR Styling)

Engine : Z19DTH (Re-mapped)

Year : 04

Mileage : 140k

If there was more competition in the market, and if insurance wasn't a legality. We wouldn't have to jump through have as many hoops and it would be them bending over backwards to keep the business...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

If you are paying the insurance monthly then threaten to stop and claim they are not giving you the service you are paying for.

Old people like that shouldn't be on the road. Heard to many horror stories m8 and you could have been the victim of one of them.

Hope you get it sorted.

If you have paid up front for the year then I suggest you get on top them and ask why are they not accepting your evidence. Seems watertight to me by the sounds of it.

Gazza4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well i wont be accepting 50/50 and loosing ny no claims, it was 100% not my fault i was parked there watching him coming over and plough into me while i was helpless! Cudnt reverse or the car behind me wud av been hit by me so they wa no escape! Like you say insurers jus dont want to pay out obviously, they never do! Other wise they wudnt be millionaire buisnesses, jus so frustratin when u know u was in the rite and helpless! Wish they was cctv!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information