0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Default Mother and toddler mania

Took Wendy to here normal Friday health appointment this afternoon, as usual, all disabled spaces taken, only 2 had blue badges. There were several M7T spaces, so I parked in one, told the receptionist, who approved.
    I can't attend the 2nd part, so came out and read book in car. Saw two people vacate disabled spaces opposite me so pulled forward and reversed round into disabled space. Just stopped, level with car alongside, and heard/felt someone slam my boot with fist.
    Two mothers, one with a toddler, one with pushchair. Opened door to see if I'd inadvertently overlapped kerb, got a stream of abuse as "i was completely on the pavement, at high speed (about 2mph) and trying to kill her child. I looked, I was around 3 inches over edge, no where near walking area of pavement. Tried to explain I was sorry if I'd worried them, but I wasn't on pavement and my parking sensors hadn't picked up anyone or anything near the car - got another stream of abuse for having cheap broken parking sensors (which were fitted as per standard and in full working order. I gave up and locked myself in the car till they got fed up and moved on, no longer fit enough to fight two enraged young ish mothers. If I'd got out of the car I have no doubt they would have attacked me, as it is I have a 2 inch scratch on my bumper which will have to go on the list for repair.
    If I was at fault I was quite happy to acknowledge it, but instead got the "you don't deserve to live" rant and no chance to check the facts.
    Pretty sure they were in no danger, as the sensors would have picked up two adults, two children and a buggy, they'll chirp for a piece of string!

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry to hear about the scratch to your bumper, but I must admit I had a giggle at 'no longer fit enough to fight two enraged young ish mothers' - you have no idea what mental picture this brought to mind.

I once got threatened by a bloke for driving very slowly past his 3 year old who he was letting run free in a shopping centre car park!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamLX View Post
    Sorry to hear about the scratch to your bumper, but I must admit I had a giggle at 'no longer fit enough to fight two enraged young ish mothers' - you have no idea what mental picture this brought to mind.

I once got threatened by a bloke for driving very slowly past his 3 year old who he was letting run free in a shopping centre car park!
    Yes, I can appreciate the humour in it, years ago I wouldn't have worried Sadly I'm no longer as fit, or steady on my feet as I was, and I know how much it takes to restrain someone in that state of rage. I don't doubt, if they had attacked me, I could have incapacitated one of them, but would have had to do real harm, then the other would have done me damage.
    Then I'dve ended up the bad guy and the kids would have been upset. It just wasn't worth it. Annoying about the scratch though. I reversed through 90 degrees to park, no-one in sight when I started.

Thread Information