User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.9cdti 150 vs. ?????? Did you win or lose?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up 1.9cdti 150 vs. ?????? Did you win or lose?

Since owning my 150 cdti, (only 2weeks) I have realised it is quite a nippy car and can keep up with quite a few thing on the motor way and on short blasts.
    Mine is standard and running very healthily.

But I am not too sure what its quite capable of, so I am curious who had what and how you “had it off” in you car??? Now I know we are not all boy racers and I am not talking about reckless stupid driving, I just mean those occasions when you put your foot down and pull away surprising the other driver, weather it be at a traffic lights duel carriage way or on the motor way.
    But if you post then please say if your car is standard or list your mods….

Mine was a on a motor way, was about 40mph behind a slow lorry with a mondeo st cdti up my rear. As soon as the truck pulled over I was in 4th, I pulled over in to the slow lane and booted it! The st couldn’t get past me he was stuck just behind me on me rear quarter, eventually he realised he was beat and we both slowed and he pulled in behind and flashed, later on I pulled in to a petrol station and we both had a good chat about diesel power, and he was surprised as to how quick my sri 150 was…… cool iam happy with the new motor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

I "had" the old guy walking his dog... he wont try that again!

I was actually surprised at how quick the 150 was when I first drove one. That made my mind up to actually go buy one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by lofty View Post
    I "had" the old guy walking his dog... he wont try that again!

I was actually surprised at how quick the 150 was when I first drove one. That made my mind up to actually go buy one.
    Me too went from a 3.2 v6 cav to the 150 and am quite happy...

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well the Vectra is 150bhp and the ST TDI only 155. The Mondeo could be heavier, so it is not really surprising that the performance of the two is fairly equal. He would have had you on looks. Majority of non petrol heads would struggle to spot that my Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi (150) is supposed to be the sporty model, while the Mondeo ST TDCi (or 220) are objects of beauty in comparison with the bog standard rep mobile versions of the Mondeo.

In Belfast at the bottom of the Westlink (A12) there are 3 lanes. The Third lane is lost a few hundred meters up the road. A couple of days ago I was in the middle lane, when a Mondeo ST 220 tried to speed up the outer lane with the aim of cutting in in front of me. I found that my 150 was able to accelerate well enough to stop him passing me (I hate queue jumpers). I have however been well beaten by a few cars that you would expect the Vectra to beat (twice by diesel Scenics) and have been made to feel like I was driving a moped by a couple of Audi TTs. Have beaten a Vectra VXR off from the lights on a wet road . My car is standard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamLX View Post
    Well the Vectra is 150bhp and the ST TDI only 155. The Mondeo could be heavier, so it is not really surprising that the performance of the two is fairly equal. He would have had you on looks. Majority of non petrol heads would struggle to spot that my Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi (150) is supposed to be the sporty model, while the Mondeo ST TDCi (or 220) are objects of beauty in comparison with the bog standard rep mobile versions of the Mondeo.

In Belfast at the bottom of the Westlink (A12) there are 3 lanes. The Third lane is lost a few hundred meters up the road. A couple of days ago I was in the middle lane, when a Mondeo ST 220 tried to speed up the outer lane with the aim of cutting in in front of me. I found that my 150 was able to accelerate well enough to stop him passing me (I hate queue jumpers). I have however been well beaten by a few cars that you would expect the Vectra to beat (twice by diesel Scenics) and have been made to feel like I was driving a moped by a couple of Audi TTs. Have beaten a Vectra VXR off from the lights on a wet road . My car is standard.
    Scenics! tho they do do some quick ones tho, he must of been carrying more speed!

2.0 dCi (160bhp) Diesel 0-60Top SpeedBHP 2.0 dCi Dynamique (160bhp) (FAP) 5d-127 mph157 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi Dynamique TomTom (160bhp) (FAP) 5d8.8 s127 mph157 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi TomTom Edition (160bhp) (FAP) 5d-127 mph157 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi Privilege (160bhp) (FAP) 5d-127 mph157 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi Privilege TomTom (160bhp) (FAP) 5d8.8 s127 mph157 bhp(more info)

2.0 dCi Diesel 0-60Top SpeedBHP 2.0 dCi Dynamique (FAP) 5d Auto9.4 s124 mph147 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi Dynamique TomTom (FAP) 5d Auto9.4 s124 mph147 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi TomTom Edition (FAP) 5d Auto9.4 s124 mph147 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi Privilege (FAP) 5d Auto9.4 s124 mph147 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi Privilege TomTom (FAP) 5d Auto9.4 s124 mph147 bhp(more info)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by alexstudly View Post
    Scenics! tho they do do some quick ones tho, he must of been carrying more speed!

2.0 dCi (160bhp) Diesel 0-60Top SpeedBHP 2.0 dCi Dynamique (160bhp) (FAP) 5d-127 mph157 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi Dynamique TomTom (160bhp) (FAP) 5d8.8 s127 mph157 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi TomTom Edition (160bhp) (FAP) 5d-127 mph157 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi Privilege (160bhp) (FAP) 5d-127 mph157 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi Privilege TomTom (160bhp) (FAP) 5d8.8 s127 mph157 bhp(more info)

2.0 dCi Diesel 0-60Top SpeedBHP 2.0 dCi Dynamique (FAP) 5d Auto9.4 s124 mph147 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi Dynamique TomTom (FAP) 5d Auto9.4 s124 mph147 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi TomTom Edition (FAP) 5d Auto9.4 s124 mph147 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi Privilege (FAP) 5d Auto9.4 s124 mph147 bhp(more info)2.0 dCi Privilege TomTom (FAP) 5d Auto9.4 s124 mph147 bhp(more info)
    Don't underestimate Renaults 2.0Dci models as they are quick (not to be confused with the 1.9dci or 2.2dci)

My standard 2.0dci (150) Laguna is slightly quicker than any standard Vec 1.9cdti 150 i test drove and 2 of them where back to back test drives with the laguna. Not quite as refind as the Vectra's though!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Was the VXR trying

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab

Trim : 9-3 Vert

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2000

Quote Originally Posted by gallag View Post
    Was the VXR trying

If it was wet, then he will have been doing 40 before he left the line

I have learned to be more gentle with my right foot now, but can still get the TC excited if I boot it in the rain at 30mph +

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have beaten a Vectra VXR off from the lights on a wet road .
    I've found that it's really quite difficult to get away quickly from the lights in a 150cdti because of its very low first gear. Not much option though really because otherwise you'd be slipping the clutch for ever until you got into the torque band. Unless you're lucky the other guy will pull away as you shift into 2nd.

My car is standard.
    Mine's not! (BSR ) and it's really quite nippy but the low 1st gear is a real pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know what you mean about the wheel spin!, I put Continental Sport Contact 3's on and this transformed the car, even in the wet I can put plenty of power down and leave most things standing, the Eibach Pro springs and Bilstein 4 shocks probably help as well.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information