Thread: o2 terminated my "unlimited broadband" for using over 40 gig a month

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default o2 terminated my "unlimited broadband" for using over 40 gig a month

As above i received a phone call from o2 today stating that they will be terminating my home broadband next month as i have breached their fair usage police.
    Apparantly in Sep i used 71 gig of their "unlimited" home broadband, when i asked why i had a usage limit on my so called unlimited internet i was told that i should not be using more than 40 gig a month and i was slowing other peoples internet down on my street that o2 provide, i pointed out that there are only 6 houses on my street and i was the only one with o2 and that they should not advertise as unlimited when it clearly is not. The answer i got was that it is unlimited but i must remain under 40 gig a month

They are apparantly getting stroppy with people who are on their access package which is what i am on as my exchange hasnt been unlooped.

Anyway i'm the one whos laughing now because in the process of them calling to tell me i was getting disconnected i also cancelled 3 mobile phone contracts with them so "in your face o2, i'll take my money elsewhere"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

Wow that sucks, I got an email last year from BT for using almost 90gb, all they said they would do was cap my speed during peak times If my usage went over 100gb for the month of December (which it didnt) again its unlimited as im on option 3 and mainly use t'interweb during the day to run a couple of websites, cuttin you off is very bad business practice..

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    Wow that sucks, I got an email last year from BT for using almost 90gb, all they said they would do was cap my speed during peak times If my usage went over 100gb for the month of December (which it didnt) again its unlimited as im on option 3 and mainly use t'interweb during the day to run a couple of websites, cuttin you off is very bad business practice..
    Sure is bad business practice they just lost almost £100 a month from me and i wont ever go back to o2 again.

Signed up with BT for the Option 3 unlimited as i got my MAC code from o2 straight away so i'll test BT's "UNLIMITED" from next Monday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Its that fair usage policy crap, annoys me how falsely these companies advertise.

I'm with BT option 3 and have the new fibre optic connection its ****** fast, hits 48mb download on the speedtest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

On o2, unbundled I think, One month I almost hit 1tb lol.. Not even had a single email/call from them Currently waiting for BT Infinity to come here in April next year.... 40MB pipe here i come!
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now open and able to provide services

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

1TB??? How on earth did you manage that lol, that is quite impressive.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    On o2, unbundled I think, One month I almost hit 1tb lol.. Not even had a single email/call from them
    I have been with o2 almost 4 years and never had a problem until now, we moved to Catterick in Feb this year and were limited to isp's due to not being unbundled, down to 6 meg download speed from over 10 meg at old address and had to pay an extra £10 a month for the priviledge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion8878 View Post
    1TB??? How on earth did you manage that lol, that is quite impressive.

Was downloading a load of CCTV footage from one of our offsite clients equipment and making backups of the rest.. Took a loooong time but got it ok
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now open and able to provide services

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Fearns View Post
    Signed up with BT for the Option 3 unlimited as i got my MAC code from o2 straight away so i'll test BT's "UNLIMITED" from next Monday
    BT's "UNLIMITED" = OUCH!!

Last year O2 introduced traffic management on their O2 'Access' home broadband package. Access is the product you can get from O2 if you are not connected to an exchange which has been unbundled by O2. It uses BT Wholesale's network to provide speeds up to 8meg and offers 'unlimited' downloads, which according to O2 means 'Download as much as you like'.

Of course, there is no such a thing as an unlimited broadband connection, and what O2 meant to say was "Download as much as we like." Recent O2 forum postings report that users have been contacted saying that usage should be decreased to around 40GB a month. Go over this limit and you may face a warning from O2, and if you continue, O2 will provide you with a MAC and will disconnect you within 30 days.

O2's own support website suggests that you should in fact use much less than this.

"How much should I cut my broadband use?
    Most O2 customers use less than 10GB a month. Aim for that and you'll be okay."

O2 LLU has no limits but O2 via BT Wholesale is restricted and backward?
    Last edited by enigma; 8th November 2010 at 22:55.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    BT's "UNLIMITED" = OUCH!!

Last year O2 introduced traffic management on their O2 'Access' home broadband package. Access is the product you can get from O2 if you are not connected to an exchange which has been unbundled by O2. It uses BT Wholesale's network to provide speeds up to 8meg and offers 'unlimited' downloads, which according to O2 means 'Download as much as you like'.

Of course, there is no such a thing as an unlimited broadband connection, and what O2 meant to say was "Download as much as we like." Recent O2 forum postings report that users have been contacted saying that usage should be decreased to around 40GB a month. Go over this limit and you may face a warning from O2, and if you continue, O2 will provide you with a MAC and will disconnect you within 30 days.

O2's own support website suggests that you should in fact use much less than this.

"How much should I cut my broadband use?
    Most O2 customers use less than 10GB a month. Aim for that and you'll be okay."

O2 LLU has no limits but O2 via BT Wholesale is restricted and backward?
    Yes true it is expensive but the only options i have where i live now are o2, Sky (20 Gb limit) or BT, anyway cant stop gotta go smash a load of downloads down the line, got 3 laptops, 2 pc's, xbox 360, ps3 and bbc iplayer to connect to internet to really abuse o2 now until monday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information