Thread: CD70 - ipod?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default CD70 - ipod?

Ok firstly i've gotta be honest, i joined another forum before i found you guys and asked this same question with no response! That is when i googled "Vauxhall forums" and found you all! Feel better now, wanted to get off on the right foot on here.
    Ok guys, hope you can help cuz im pullin my hair out (whats left anyway!) Ive done searches but not come up with many answers, just more questions!
    Got a CD70 Navi with no aux fitted, i want to connect ipod to it, but get song/title display on nav screen and control ipod via steering wheel controls? So far, im led to believe it can be done but not sure how?
    Ive ordered a firmware update disc from VX, which gives you the "aux" option on the nav menu, then it needs Tech 2 plus internal work to add physical aux socket, (can anyone on here do it?)but after all this i think it will only put sound to speakers and all controls still have to be done via ipod itself?
    I do have a Dension gateway 100 which (i think) is ISO connected, this did give me full wheel control n display on my old pug 407, so any ideas/help? Thanks, Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Energy

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2005

Mileage : 150,000

Your presumptions are correct...

With the Aux-In method, you will not have the display or control from the steering wheel for the iPod..

however as you suggest, the Denison ICE link and other very similar units will indeed provide the facility you require, just as they did in the pug... you just need to ensure that the steering control loom is correct for the Vectra rather than the pug and so on..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers Robsey, its driving me nuts! Tried the Dension kit in, but it cut off all radio display (but still got sound) and no sat nav. I should be getting the VX firmware up-date disc today, so il try it again to see if its made any difference. If not, my next step will be trying to work out what wires from Dension go to the matching wires from CD70?!? Electrical stuff not my strong point! So where will i get CD70 & Dension schmactical things from?
    Btw ****** awesome forum, only problem so far is its takin me ages to go through all the quality posts! The "how to's" is my worst section, my list of things to do is getting longer n longer, got to stop goin there! Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you had the Dension Ice Link fitted to your Pug, did you not get the installation paperwork with it...
    Alternatively, you could telephone / e-mail Dension customer services and pick their brains..

The CD70 pin-out - well I have this... and also the screen pin-out.
    (on the full CAN units - cd30, cdc40, cd70 Navi, the screen is the brains, and the head-unit is a relatively dumb slave unit).

What inputs do you need...?
    also, Dension modulator units often use the aerial line, so you would probably need to alter your aerial connections to fakra plugs

I am of the idea that your dension would need to adapt the ipod info to a CAN format, which the sat-nav screen will be able to display.

I don't know the exact nature of this, but there are other members on here or the Astra-H site that have installed these successfully

I have googled dension, without much luck in finding the pin-outs...

Ideally - as said above, speak to Dension -they do have a website that you may find useful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Pin Outs for CD70 and the screen

Picture 1 = The Head-unit (CD70), my wife has this, and these are the only pins populated in her head unit.

Picture 2 = The Screen such as the Orange Monochrome Graphic Info Display... The Colour Display uses the same screen connections, however there is also a separate video lead.
    TIS says that the yellow and blue wires (Display pins 8 and 9) are required for the GID, however my wife's CID connector does NOT have these, and there is no detriment to her display.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for that, its gonna be a great help! I never got any fitting info with the Dension kit as it was fitted at main dealers as part of my "negociasion".So has your Wife got Dension kit fitted in her car?
    I'll have another mooch around on the Dension site, see what i can find. Really appreciate your help Robsey, cheers. Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Neither my wife nor myself have a Dension fitted to our cars...

We both have Nokia bluetooth kits fitted, but that is a totally diferent mono audio set-up.

I know the CD70 side of things, as I fitted a CD70 and Colour screen to the wife's Vectra-C,

and I fitted a CD70 and Monochrome Graphic screen to my Cavalier

Sadly, if either of us had fitted the unit, then I would have looked at the model number, and also I would have produced a pinout for the unit...
    just like I did for the display screen above.

Good luck with the Dension side of things...

I think you will need to google "DensionICE" for their website

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Dynamic

Engine : 1.6 turbo

Year : 2019

Mileage : 44000

Theres a few on the forum (lofty, yyset) that have put in AUX-in on there cars.. and got there radio "modded" so they could have aux-in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the denson kit fitted to the Peugeot systems operate with the clarion head units via a connecter box that is installed & configured by the dealership with ppd2000 (the equivalent of tech2) it uses the radio text option type 3 displays on the peugeots (type one date time, type two date time and radio info type 3 as before but with rds.radio text) this is how there able to display the information on the unit - its been hit and miss and now peugeot will generally offer a aux in socket thats very basic as most of the densons that were fitted didnt work fully dependant on the head unit that was fitted caused complications as they had 3 different suppliers (phillips clairon and blaupunkt)
    the easiest way to "gain" this option is to create an mp3 disc and this will then display album/ track details - otherwise your looking at a parrot mki9000-9200 system with a unika conversion

and BTW welcome to the forum

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information