User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: Forced to work

  1. #1
    Regular Member keefy*2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Grain, Rochester,Kent
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C Facelift

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 1.9Cdti 150

    Year : 2007

    Default Forced to work

    Well here. Is the latest coalition hit the poor etc.

    People on job seekers will have to work 30 hours per week on voluntary work or lose their benefit. Now I have no problem targeting people who work the system but, there are approx 500,000 vacancies and at present 1.5 million job seekers? This will rise to approx 2.5 million with the cuts.
    They need to go back to school as 2,000,000 does not go into 5000,000 just trying to get work done for nothing as it will cost a fortune to supervise this work.

    I thought forced labour was illegal. I know offenders are made to do something illegally wrong. So being out of work will become an offence ???

  2. #2
    Regular Member keefy*2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Grain, Rochester,Kent
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C Facelift

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 1.9Cdti 150

    Year : 2007

    Default

    Whoops damp Android spell check has put 5000,000 instead of 500,000 sorry

  3. #3
    Regular Member big rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra gsi

    Trim : Full heated leather

    Engine : 3200

    Year : 2004

    Default

    i think the law should be ''if you was not born here then you dont get a penny''

    also the ''**** off back home'' law is a firm favorite of mine

  4. #4
    VIP-Member Das's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Turdsville
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Lada

    Trim : Riva

    Engine : 6.0 V12

    Year : 1954

    Mileage : 567890987

    Default

    So why should people get money for nothing? Many many genuine claimers out there who are just "passing through" the system but unfortunately there are thousands out there who have never worked, have no want to work or who are making fraudulent claims by claiming and working on the side for cash. Why should they get an easy ride?
    Im proud to say that at the age of almost 40 I have been unemployed for the sum total of 2 weeks since the age of 12. I watched a couple of my friends sit at home for years doing SFA yet they had a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV 8 years ago, while on benefits, they went to Euro Disney on holiday twice in one year, whilst on benefits...... How can anyone class them as being poor?
    Forced Labour is not illegal, the courts hand it out daily. it wouldn't be forced labour anyway, but part of a contract. Basically "Want your Giro? Well you'll need to turn up and complete some work to qualify for it" Funny my employer says the same to me "Want a Salary? Well you'll need to turn up and complete some work to quailfy for it" Whats the difference? Nothing. One is paid for by an employer, the other is paid for by employees of employers paying tax to the government.
    As for costing us money well it would put people into work. 1 person could be employed on a full time basis to supervise 10 people. So that's 1 person off benefits paying tax and another 10 people putting something back into the system. What would they do I here you say. There's always litter to be picked up, there's always graffiti to be removed, there's always old people who would appreciate a day out of their care homes etc.... There's plenty for them to do.
    Fully agree with Big Rich too, well to a certain extent. You cant get in to our country unless your going to contribute. This claiming political asylum half way up the M4 hanging out the back of a lorry is a joke. Instead of giving them a furnished house and benefits take them straight back to France, why should it be our problem? If your not paying tax and are of employable age, sorry but GTF!

  5. #5
    Regular Member mattv6diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    portland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Bmw 330d

    Trim : Msport

    Engine : 3.0d

    Year : 2008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big rich View Post
    i think the law should be ''if you was not born here then you dont get a penny''

    also the ''**** off back home'' law is a firm favorite of mine
    exactly can't talk albout this stuff just get ****ed off with this and motability customers that just have a broken finger nail and claim .

  6. #6
    Administrator Big-Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Home or in the Gym
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Audi Q7

    Trim : S-Line Plus 245

    Engine : 3.0 TDV6

    Year : 2013

    Mileage : 3023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    So why should people get money for nothing? Many many genuine claimers out there who are just "passing through" the system but unfortunately there are thousands out there who have never worked, have no want to work or who are making fraudulent claims by claiming and working on the side for cash. Why should they get an easy ride?

    Im proud to say that at the age of almost 40 I have been unemployed for the sum total of 2 weeks since the age of 12. I watched a couple of my friends sit at home for years doing SFA yet they had a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV 8 years ago, while on benefits, they went to Euro Disney on holiday twice in one year, whilst on benefits...... How can anyone class them as being poor?

    Forced Labour is not illegal, the courts hand it out daily. it wouldn't be forced labour anyway, but part of a contract. Basically "Want your Giro? Well you'll need to turn up and complete some work to qualify for it" Funny my employer says the same to me "Want a Salary? Well you'll need to turn up and complete some work to quailfy for it" Whats the difference? Nothing. One is paid for by an employer, the other is paid for by employees of employers paying tax to the government.

    As for costing us money well it would put people into work. 1 person could be employed on a full time basis to supervise 10 people. So that's 1 person off benefits paying tax and another 10 people putting something back into the system. What would they do I here you say. There's always litter to be picked up, there's always graffiti to be removed, there's always old people who would appreciate a day out of their care homes etc.... There's plenty for them to do.

    Fully agree with Big Rich too, well to a certain extent. You cant get in to our country unless your going to contribute. This claiming political asylum half way up the M4 hanging out the back of a lorry is a joke. Instead of giving them a furnished house and benefits take them straight back to France, why should it be our problem? If your not paying tax and are of employable age, sorry but GTF!



    Quote Originally Posted by mattv6diesel View Post
    get ****ed off with this and motability customers that just have a broken finger nail and claim .
    Isn't that a bit OTT? Have you ever seen the DLA form, If you know anyone who has got DLA / Motability for a broken finger nail i'd like some tips from them..

    Just heard on the news that they will only have to work for 4 weeks, surely that's not long enough to motivate the long term scroungers that have never worked a day in their life!
    Last edited by Big-Pete; 7th November 2010 at 13:03.

  7. #7
    Full Member Leemarksmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hanging Heaton / Batley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRi (VXR Styling)

    Engine : Z19DTH (Re-mapped)

    Year : 04

    Mileage : 110k

    Default

    I would just like to add tho... This 4 weeks work after a year there planning - sounds good.

    Till you consider under labour they had a 13 weeks work placement after 18mnths of benefits. If you didn't go they cancelled your claim...

    I've said for years anyone on job seekers should do community service, that would drive any one into work - ANY work...

    More government re'branding and recycling of idea's... Nothing ever changes...

  8. #8
    Regular Member Dazzy2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Notts
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattv6diesel View Post
    exactly can't talk albout this stuff just get ****ed off with this and motability customers that just have a broken finger nail and claim .
    As pete said have you ever seen a dla claim form, i have its huge and it isnt easy to claim for motability
    my son has cerebral palsy,1 kidney,autism and naeostagmus(nearly blind) and we put a claim in for motability and was turned down 3 times before we went to appeal and he eventually got the car he needed

  9. #9
    Regular Member Hideous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    GB
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia

    Trim : SRi Nav

    Engine : CDTI158

    Year : 2012

    Default

    Doesn't sound like a problem to me. The way I understand it, this will apply to those who have had the opportunity to work, but are clearly avoiding it.
    I doubt this'll apply to people who are actively seeking work.

  10. #10
    Regular Member big rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra gsi

    Trim : Full heated leather

    Engine : 3200

    Year : 2004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy2006 View Post
    As pete said have you ever seen a dla claim form, i have its huge and it isnt easy to claim for motability
    my son has cerebral palsy,1 kidney,autism and naeostagmus(nearly blind) and we put a claim in for motability and was turned down 3 times before we went to appeal and he eventually got the car he needed
    i feel for you m8 it must be terrable why shouldent your son have some comfort in his life.

    its the ones that are faking bad backs,necks etc etc that hack me off, i would love to work for the dhss and tell spongers straight.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Forced regen
    By SlowCoach in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12th November 2012, 13:59
  2. Forced Regeneration
    By Hursty103 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 4th October 2012, 14:23
  3. just been forced off the road
    By chris1804 in forum General Motoring Chat
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 24th November 2011, 22:10
  4. forced night off!!
    By Beavis in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 7th December 2007, 16:27

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •