It's no use. I have been bitten by the detailing bug and want to go to town on my GSi.
I would like to get properly kitted out before I start my first 'proper' detail on my car. I bought a DA polisher (Kestrel DAS6) last week, along with two pads - a compounding and a finishing pad. I also took the opportunity to order some Cherry Glaze. (Autobrite Direct did me a great deal on this package, by the way and chucked in some blue tape for good measure! ).
I have a reasonable number of Autoglym products from too many magazine subscriptions (car magazines, naturally... ), so shall begin with those. However, I am minded to upgrade my detailing product arsenal in certain areas.
Things I would like to acquire:
The rest I think I already have, including glass polish, tyre dressing (which I can also use for black plastic or rubber trim, etc. - right?)
- All-purpose cleaner - any recommendations?
- Autosmart Reglaze, Meguiar's Last Touch or similar to help with touch ups, drying the car, etc.
- Bilt Hamber Auto-Clay - good value and well reviewed
- Non-acidic alloy wheel cleaner
- Detailing towels (microfibre) - three or four large and a few more small ones (I have a few already)
- Applicator pads
- Decent polish - Collinite 915 or similar price point
- Some trigger spray bottles (spied a pack of three on eBay for about £6.50 plus P&P)
- Some long handle detailing brushes (again, I have a few shorter ones already)
I also want to buy a pressure washer but shall probably need to wait until the new year. And a snow foam lance to go with it, of course.
Expensive business this, isn't it!