Thread: Signum 2.0t Design

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Signum 2.0t Design

Morning guys, I had a Vec 2.2DTi about 4 years ago then moved to a 2003 Volvo s60 D5 (95k now showing), Now I am thinking about a Signum due to getting a dog, the 1 I've seen is a 2007 07 with 54k on the clock with history, in an misty silver colour Its £4500 cash or 2k and mine. I love the Volvos engine and looks but really need a car with a seperated area for the dog, I dont want an estate so this or Audi avant is the only option I can think of within my budget. what should I expect from one of these general MPG wise, it has sat nav (wont use this) but does anyone know if the stereo sound is any good & last of all are they reliable. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by 111; 3rd November 2010 at 10:09.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi, Can't comment on the 2.2DTi but the 2.0T petrol can be thirsty. I use the car for exactly the same thing, normal journey to work and bombing it around in the week and then at weekend it is inveded by......... the dogs!

I have 2 Giant Schnauzers and they love their car cage in the back. The only 2 annoying things I have found is the centre seatbelt release compartment in the roof. I have scratched mine big time as it hits the dog cage when you move it in and out. I have bought a new surround for when I sell and for shows. Also as the rear window wraps around if you do use a dog cage you have to be mindful of not putting it too close to the window. Also get a rubber mat for the boot to hang over the bumper and lip as dogs jumping in can scratch the plastic.

Other than that, great dog car! I didn't want the vectra estate (even though they look very cool) as I really did and still do, love the shape of the siggy. My dogs fall asleep as soon as I start driving which is testemant to the ride quality (they sit up all the way in my other half's focus estate).

Only other things with the dogs, I sooooooo can't have it smelling of dogs in the car or being dirty so it gets a hoover all the time. he he

Stereo in mine is pretty good, it's got a nice deep base if required and overall acoustics are good

I hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

Year : 2014

The 2.0t engine is without a doubt the best you can get in a vectra or signum maybe with exception to the VXR. Its very reliable, economy in mine on motorways is 43mpg. You get tune the boll0cks of them if you want. I would not have any other engine in my signum and defo no tractor engine, but I am not concerned about fuel prices as i like to drive my car and not spend my money saved on milage replaceing egrs and manifolds amongst other things..

I am more than happy with mine and when it comes to buying my wife a new car it will another vec or sig but with the 2.0t (Z20NET) engine, otherwise known as the saab engine its used in their 9-3 aero..

Just an honest opinion from a current user...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for that Keefyb007, I am expecting (hoping) for 30ish, and a bit of poke, I wouldnt think it would be any quicker than the Volvo as It has about 190ish Bhp, I just dont know what to do
    Just seen your reply nige, I have seen reports of high 30s on a run and also dont like the idea of DPF, injector, DMF, Erg, swirl pot, manifold, fuel pump problems that most if not all EURO 4 diesels get, especially when buying out of waranty, but I like the turbo torque. so It has to be petrol for me now as well.
    Last edited by 111; 3rd November 2010 at 10:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Having owned one myself I would definately recommend the Siggy 2.0T. As its a facelift version it will have the CD70Navi stereo which I have in mine and its a great sounding stereo with plenty of functions. As for the car they are a great ballance between perfromance and economy. I used to get between 28-39 mpg around town and mid 40's on a long run. And as Nige said previously they are the most reliable engine in the range and very very tuneable, with a simple map you'll be around 210 bhp and be pi55ing all over the Volvo or Audi alike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

oooooh 111 you have started my thirst for more BHP. Maybe I that will keep the dogs sitting up on journeys if I go to 210 bhp mmmmmmmmm beating Audi's! I like teh sound of that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Is your volvo tuned? The D5 unit only produced 163bhp back in 2003 so I doubt it would be as quick as a 2.0t signum when you couple that with it's lazy diesel power delivery. Perhaps a bigger punch lower down with the d5 but I think you'd be pleasantly suprised by the 2.0t. You should easily achieve 30mpg and up to 40mpg if careful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes it's RICA sport tuned to 210bhp & 470Nm but I always say 190ish as I have no proof but it is very quick, I have used a G meter that gave a 0-60 of 7.1 seconds and the 185 D5s run 7.6 and top out at 143 so it should be at least that if attempted. anyway thats not an argument I want to start, I only want to know if owners are happy with theirs and it looks like they are so I may just go with it. I dont think I'll bother with mods or tuning as all you guys know it doubles the cost of the car. Lol . Thanks for all the replys guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Bought it, pick it up on Saturday, says beige on the log book, looks silverish to me!. am I happy? I think so.

Thread Information