User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Hids

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    OXFORD
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Hids

    Vectra C Facelift 58 plate. After trying nightbreaker plus bulbs (better than normal) i have brought a Hids kit from Hids direct. Can someone tell me on the original plug that plugs onto the bulb,which colour wire is the live.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Ex-Staff Full Member John LE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

    Trim : LE/VXR

    Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

    Year : 13/07

    Default

    Yellow

    Browns are earth

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    OXFORD
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john.robertson2 View Post
    Yellow

    Browns are earth

    Cheers

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    OXFORD
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Hi

    When fitting the hids kit, the live and neutral spade connectors plug into the original light plug. One side has 2 black wires the other side one black wire. Can anybody tell me which is one is live.

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 2.0 CDTi

    Year : 2013

    Default

    The one with 2 wires is the earth, IIRC.

    If you get it round the wrong way it doesn't matter anyway. All that'll happen is the lights won't come on. Simply unplug and swap the connections around.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Derek Mc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sodding Typical on Sea
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    The one with 2 wires is the earth, IIRC.

    If you get it round the wrong way it doesn't matter anyway. All that'll happen is the lights won't come on. Simply unplug and swap the connections around.
    I agree with that but the only way to be sure is to try it if it doesn't work, reverse it!

    I did and it worked then.

  7. #7
    Regular Member felixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    stockport
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Mc View Post
    I agree with that but the only way to be sure is to try it if it doesn't work, reverse it!

    I did and it worked then.
    (Sorry to hijack the thread).Derek,on one of the other HID threads someone mentioned using a spare set of ballast on the main beam.This has got me thinking,because the dodgy ones that I got off eBay are still in the car,(i'm waiting to put the HIDs Direct ones in this weekend),well,if I was to wire the Main beam up to them,with a set of bulbs of course,would I need a set of cancelers in place do you think?. FELIXX.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    OXFORD
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    cheers

  9. #9
    Regular Member felixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    stockport
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
    cheers
    I only jumped in because I thought you had the answer you needed.Please accept my sincere apologies,no offence was intended.FELIXX,

  10. #10
    Ex-Staff Full Member John LE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

    Trim : LE/VXR

    Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

    Year : 13/07

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
    Hi

    When fitting the hids kit, the live and neutral spade connectors plug into the original light plug. One side has 2 black wires the other side one black wire. Can anybody tell me which is one is live.

    Thanks
    Sorry mate didn't realise the Facelift doesn't have any colours

    Quote Originally Posted by felixx View Post
    I only jumped in because I thought you had the answer you needed.Please accept my sincere apologies,no offence was intended.FELIXX,
    Don't think he was having a dig at you buddy

    Quote Originally Posted by felixx View Post
    (Sorry to hijack the thread).Derek,on one of the other HID threads someone mentioned using a spare set of ballast on the main beam.This has got me thinking,because the dodgy ones that I got off eBay are still in the car,(i'm waiting to put the HIDs Direct ones in this weekend),well,if I was to wire the Main beam up to them,with a set of bulbs of course,would I need a set of cancelers in place do you think?. FELIXX.

    You'll need to use cancellors on any other set as you'll still get bulb failure warning on main beam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hids
    By barneytravolta in forum Styling
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 6th August 2012, 18:23
  2. HIDS again.....
    By tubby in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2nd March 2012, 09:18
  3. hids (HELP!!!!!!!)
    By cookiejar31 in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 1st December 2009, 20:20
  4. hids
    By cookiejar31 in forum Styling
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28th November 2009, 02:50

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •