User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Could This Be What's Causing The Vibration?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Could This Be What's Causing The Vibration?

Currently over in germany and managed to get an internet connection in my hotel room...now for the question...

Currently having issues with a vibration on idle which you can feel through the steering wheel and visually see it shaking on idle...you can also feel it through the drivers seat.....150 cdti vectra 08-plate.
    Today i also heared a humming sound coming from the engine bay...dont know if its related but here goes...my instincts telling me the drone/humming noise is coming from the air con pump...bearing maybe on the aircon pulley?or at least that's where it sounds like when i lifted the bonnet.
    I then sat on idle and switched the aircon on..i get a clattering sound from within the engine bay when the pump kicks in so its got to be on the pulley side/or the pump?..put a few revs on let them off and it idles ok..however when the pump has to kick back in again i get more of a vibration through the seat than when its switched off so would my prognosis be correct in saying the aircon pumps at fault or possibly the belt tensioner?

Just not sure how the aircon pumps transmitting this vibration..it is though playing a massive part on the vibration.

Any help guys as i'm over 650 miles from home and allthough under warrenty my german language skills are crap so any advise chaps would be more than welcomed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the car is under a warranty I would get it along to an Opel dealer the great thing is that they mostly can speak better English than we German plus if the problem is evident it transcends language.

Now as for the issue, it sounds like that could be a contributor and if it has a fault might take out several other parts if it siezes and knackers the drive belt.

FWIW though occasionally, I get and got in the other Vectra an increased vibration at idle with the A/C on as it loads up on the engine I just ignored it myself as it didn't feel that severe and didn't affect the steering wheel, so it sounds like it could well be the compressor and it could be failing.

Thread Information