Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 2003 2.0 dti y20dth im in a big fix

long story ill give it all so here goes

bought the wife the car she did 3 miles and bam engine blown, sellers not interested and its private sale.
    so from here on in bought a 2nd hand engine from scrapper, bought some new seals for injectors and some new glow plugs, and a new clutch and bearing for good measure,
    gave all to the engine fitter, and asked him to use my known fine ecu and pump. got the call to say complete. he hadnt fitted the injector seals , he hadnt used my original pump and ecu and he snapped one of the glow plugs .
    to say i was gutted is an understatement the plug isnt totaly sheared more like the top just spinning around if that makes sense. he gave me a phone number to book my car in to get ecu cleared and reprogrammedto my car. took it there and basically after 2 weeks it wasnt done.
    no code he got from vx let him into pump.(3 of them at £30 a time).

got car back to my unit and i swapped the psg16 ecu my original onto the 2nd hand pump, i chopped the 4 wires from the psg16 to the pump and then reconected them i did stagger the wires to ensure they went back on ok. 1st try the car turned over but didnt start. and im in the same position now,

i have borrowed a friends op com and there is only 2 faults on the whole car (seat occupancy sensor on the airbag curcuit) and glow plu curcuit low volts(wwhich im sure will be the 1 knackered plug)

ive now got another mechanic who came to my unit to help me,(a friend who has his own garage but was to busy to do my engine) but by self admission he isnt a diesel genius.

today he filled the fuel filter with diesel and then bled the injectors pipes from left to right 1 at a time he did the 2 left ones and by the time he got to the 3rd he couldnt get any diesel out, he then checked the fuel filter agan and there was no fuel in it again he refilled and exactly the same happened again.
    he then took the OUT pipe from the fuel filter and placed it into a refill can full of diesel . he was them able to bleed all 4 injectors no problem , car still wouldnt start. he then removed the good 3 glow plugs and tested them and they was all fine.

car still wont start..... he then removed a glow plug again and cranked the engine, no diesel came from the glow plug whole so he has come to the conclusion that the injectors are all blocked from the engine beint sat in a scrap yard shed. or that the timing is out!!!

on cranking the startes sounds to fast for my liking but he says thats due to no pressure in top of engine i think he said oil.

so im looking for a bit of expert advice as i have spent a few quid now and dont really want to spend any more i do have the injectors from my old engine if i do swap. spent so much be a shame to give u p now but i not made of money lol. i will worry about the fuel side of things once car is started.

so all in all any one got any advice or pointers please? they will be very much apreciated.thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2007

i think the injectors have to be coded to the car i think mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i hope thats all it is
    thanks ill look into it!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2007

dont hold me to it mate but i think thats the case there is some really good guys on here that will be along shortly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just done a quick google and saw apost calling them dumb injectors and the pump does all the work!!!

cheers again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra-c

Trim : sri

Engine : cdti

Year : 2004

Mileage : 98,000

Your'e in a right pickle!, mixing & matching engines/ecu's/injectors etc,etc, you will never get this going!, I think you will find if an engine is changed the ecu may not recognise some of the parts!, ie the injectors, each injector is numbered & programed to the ecu!, The glow plugs will have a low current running through them constantly! ALL THE TIME!! this is approx 0.02v, its part of the check system so a broken 1 will throw a fault because you dont have a constant flow through them all. You have so much going on this could get out of hand (money wise) as 2nd vecs are not too much to buy!, as for the guy who sold you this car that went bang after 3 miles!, i would have been tempted to seek legal advise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well im going to change the injectors today for the original ones i think, see what happens, just dont want to give up and scrap it,be a shame

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

IIRC the Y20DTH you don't have to manually input injectors codes all you do is execute "Injectors were replaced" Diagnostic from menu and they recode.

I know the 19 CDTI you have to enter each injector code separately

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9CDTi

Year : 2005

Mileage : Lots

If you have access to OP-COM and can get the codes from the other injectors, I think you can code them with said program. Don't hold me to that though, I remember seeing it in a Youtube video a while back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    IIRC the Y20DTH you don't have to manually input injectors codes all you do is execute "Injectors were replaced" Diagnostic from menu and they recode.

I know the 19 CDTI you have to enter each injector code separately
    there are no wires atall going to the injectors i dont think they are coded atall.
    theres no fault codes atall after speaking with aa friends friend in vxall today he seems to put it solely down to the injector seals if timing was out he says id get a crank sensor fault code. so tomorrow im going to change the seals and give it go .also after ive changed seals if still sme il do a vac test........ fingers crossed, he reckons 20 mins to do seals....
    thanks to all for advice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information