User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bit of a rave review on my C, plus road trip & some pics...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2007 Vectra

Trim : SRi XP T Saphirre Black

Engine : z20net

Year : 2007

Mileage : 80k

Default Bit of a rave review on my C, plus road trip & some pics...

Well, heres me the genuine convert! For years ive slated the Vectra C, saying i'd never have one, and the 'B' is the only car for me. But now i genuinely do love my 'C' and would chose this car over any 'B'

First some history......

So last year i bought a black SRi 'C' facelift, mainly cause i got a great price on my 'B', but also cause i needed a diesel, and someone i knew was selling a 'C' facelift for almost £1500 under book... so it was common sense rather than passion! however, a few months owning it the standard performance really impressed me! and 1 remap later i was stunned!

As the black SRi was a toe in the water, i decided to buy a better 'C' out of choice over necessity, and went for the highest spec facelift 1.9 i could. I didnt want a 3.0 diesel as they drank like a petrol, and i knew the 1.9 facelift could be tuned more that the 3.0 facelift! I didnt want a VXR as personally, if i was going to buy a high performance petrol for £8-£10K i dont think the Vectra VXR ticks the boxes for me (personal choice)

So i bought this late 56 reg XPNAV and had it remapped as soon as I could....

The car i now own ticks every box except for sound track! although the colour is to many people a 'marmite' colour, i personally love it and think it sets of the XP so well, its defo a rare combo!

This bit for most of us on here is pretty much suck eggs as we already know! But regardless i'll share the view!

It really is a step forward from the B, and i hate to admit it! The AFL xenons are incredible, turn with the bends, increase range with speed, light up ther kerbs at junctions. The IDS suspension is rather smart to, it gives you the option between softer standard ride, and hard sports inteligent ride which adjusts the shocks in realtime to your driving. Noted, ive fitte Eibachs, its still a sweet ride, even on 19s, and sits perfect imo!

me & the wife now do far more road trips than we ever did in the V6 Bs, the car is an awesome cruiser, bags of grunt, with the remap im getting over 300lb torque so its effortless on the motorway, rapid over taking speeds on A road, and very entertaining in the twisties with IDS switched on.

Everyone says the interior looks bland, but once youve lived with it, it makes so much more sense! The SRi seats in mine are a much deaper bucket than the B GSI seats, and the whole layout of the dash is fantastic... steering wheel is just as grippy as a GSI B steering wheel, just doesnt look as blingy! Also, the extra width gives a nice roomy feel to the interior. I've also got the colour CD70 NAV which is incedible, makes exploring so much fun and easy... plus the stereo for a standard car is awesome!

As for looks... well, as long as its a facelift with XP kit on I think they look stunning.... its a big car, but has amazing road presence, especially now its lower slightly.. i think all the angles and edges are bang upto date... just a shame it dont have flush handles like on the B... shame that!

Anyway.........we went for a drive to Chester at weekend... ended up having a chippy tea on Anglesey!!! Did around 270miles that day me & the wife! ive never done that spontanious exploring for the hell of it in any car, but with an average of 44mpg ( i can get 55mpg+ on a road trip, but id rather ''drive'' the car if you catch my dift ) and the grunt and performance of the car... it was great fun! I really genuinely do love driving this car more than any other ive had for ages............. and yes with the remap it still holds its own.... against some stuff you just wouldnt believe..........(or would if youve driven a mapped 1.9)

Pics of it... kinda clean, we stopped of in Llandudno for a coffee ha ha!

And the chippy tea on Anglesey...

Mike

Noobtune 220bhp / 270lb - (07) 2.0 turbo SRi XP1 NAV - SUNROOF/AFL/CD70/XP2'd

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

That is one tidy car btw. If I had it I would be posting up how impresssed I was with it too. Very nice car indeed with great performance.

Gazza4

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm glad you're happy with it, Mike.

I really miss my 3.0 B, but with the mileage I'm getting per tank in my 2.2DTi, theres no way I'd go back.

I'm thinking about changing to a 150 1.9 soon.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra-C

Trim : SRi XP2 Nav

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2008

Agree with everthing you say Mike, apart from I preferred my Mk 2 & 3 Cavaliers and would never have a Vec B after test driving an early 2.0 SRi...., I believe the 99' were an improvement. As regards the Vec C with XP....love em...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

OPC... i love the spec of yours! Its exactly what id like to do to mine one day (doubt it will happen) But you got alot of classy subtle OE mods there!

Mike

spoons

Sounds like you are very loyal, but never say never

Really like the colour of your car as well, very nice

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nice looking car. I actually like the alloys (previoulsy I really had thought that the 19 inch wheels were too big for the Vectra and only looked good on a black car). Is this a saloon rather than a hatch? Looks more stretched out at the back (may be just the angle the photo was taken at)?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    Sounds like you are very loyal, but never say never

Really like the colour of your car as well, very nice
    Back to another Monaro again next (red VXR this time)... be a few years yet, but hoping as a second car to this, and you do realise, its your fault! The VXRD you built, i still have the Total Vauxhall mag... used to drool over that feature... it made me fall in love with the facelfit C and ditch my 3.0 B! (kinda )

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamLX View Post
    Nice looking car. I actually like the alloys (previoulsy I really had thought that the 19 inch wheels were too big for the Vectra and only looked good on a black car). Is this a saloon rather than a hatch? Looks more stretched out at the back (may be just the angle the photo was taken at)?
    Funny that, other people have asked the same? Nope its a hatch... must be the angles... i dont seem to do straight photos!

Mike

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate Automatic

Trim : Elegance