User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: MX5, great little car, very poor Forums!

  1. #1
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

    Trim : Turbo Edition

    Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

    Year : 2010

    Mileage : 137000

    Default MX5, great little car, very poor Forums!

    My Farther in law just bought a nice little MK2 (NB) MX5. The car is in great condition but there are a few little niggles that need looking at. There's no Haynes manual for the MK2 so it falls on the forums to provide any info. Well I've put up 2 or 3 thread and had no replies, its really quite frustrating, and yes I used the search button For such a popular car the forums technical side is pants.

  2. #2
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antrim
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Have you allowed time for the replies. When I first joined here and asked a couple of questions, my impression was that response was slow in comparison to BriSkoda (which I used when I owned a series of Felicia's and Octvia's) or what is now TalkFord which I used during my ownership of a couple of Mondeo's. Was just a slow day, because more recent posts have got quick and useful posts on here.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Worcs/Staffs/Westmids (ish)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    My Farther in law just bought a nice little MK2 (NB) MX5. The car is in great condition but there are a few little niggles that need looking at. There's no Haynes manual for the MK2 so it falls on the forums to provide any info. Well I've put up 2 or 3 thread and had no replies, its really quite frustrating, and yes I used the search button For such a popular car the forums technical side is pants.
    Perhaps hairdresser's don't know much about cars?


    Seriously though, you might be on an old dead forum? sometimes forum's die and people move on to a new one.

  4. #4
    Regular Member signumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh/outskirts
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 2.0 Ltr Turbo

    Year : 2004

    Mileage : 38000

    Default

    Missus had one for 3 years only ever replaced the alternator & battery great wee motor ...wish she had kept it now

  5. #5
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

    Trim : Turbo Edition

    Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

    Year : 2010

    Mileage : 137000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamLX View Post
    Have you allowed time for the replies. When I first joined here and asked a couple of questions, my impression was that response was slow in comparison to BriSkoda (which I used when I owned a series of Felicia's and Octvia's) or what is now TalkFord which I used during my ownership of a couple of Mondeo's. Was just a slow day, because more recent posts have got quick and useful posts on here.
    2 days

    Quote Originally Posted by Birchy63 View Post
    Perhaps hairdresser's don't know much about cars?


    Seriously though, you might be on an old dead forum? sometimes forum's die and people move on to a new one.
    Its the farther in laws car and he has no hair

    Quote Originally Posted by signumboy View Post
    Missus had one for 3 years only ever replaced the alternator & battery great wee motor ...wish she had kept it now
    I have to agree with you there mate, it came a hard top and heated rear screen which is a bonus at this time of year. He's more used to building classic trials bike so i'm helping with the mechanical sides of things on the 5, although apart from the one rear caliper there's nothing wrong with it and it still looks and drives fresh for a 10 year old car.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Dazzy2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Notts
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats






  7. #7
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

    Trim : Turbo Edition

    Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

    Year : 2010

    Mileage : 137000

    Default

    Cheers for the links mate.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Jezzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.E
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Not all forums are very technically-minded. I'm toying with the idea of getting an Audi A6 Quattro for the winter and went on to an Audi forum to look for things to watch out for, and (maybe because they're all affluent...?) the technical banter was limited to "how much will Audi dealers charge for so-and-so" and "how many hours does it take a main dealer to replace the....". Very little of the "this is how I did it and saved a packet on main dealer charges".

  9. #9
    Regular Member BigLad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    30,000ft by day, bed at night
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    MR2 fantastic little car, anyone that has not had one or driven one go and have a blast. They truly put a smile on your face, go kart for the road !

  10. #10
    Regular Member Dazzy2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Notts
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    Cheers for the links mate.
    Your welcome, Hopefully you will manage to get the answer to your questions from one of them

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My poor poor veccy :(
    By tammyman09 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 9th June 2011, 10:46
  2. Other forums
    By Ziggy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17th December 2009, 16:04
  3. BMW Forums
    By mushy2007 in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26th November 2008, 12:31
  4. Nooooooo!!!!, my poor, poor car!!
    By Duncan in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: 11th May 2006, 16:32
  5. My Poor Poor Signum
    By Brake buster in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30th September 2005, 15:45

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •