User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: sqeeking noise interior fan

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    holland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default sqeeking noise interior fan

    Hey Guys,

    since a couple of months my interior fan has started to make a irritating noise. I've found some threads in which it was suggested to spray some silicon based spray on the fan, so i did. I helped for a short period but now the noise is back.

    So the time has come to replace the fan, if it isn't too much/difficult to do it by yourself.

    Has anyone experience with this problem and/or replacing it.

    It's a 2004 vec estate 2.2 direct

    thanx

    regards from holland

    mart

  2. #2
    Regular Member Innes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Plymouth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I've taken out the blower motor before when I was replacing the Air Recircualting motor (switches between internal and external air). Its not tooooo bad. Its a case of taking off the glove box and a plastic panel on the rightside of the footwell. Unlpug a couple of electrical cables and then undo the 7 screws that attach the motor ti the car. The fiddly thing is the working space. I'm 6"4' and had to put the seat as far back as possible, open the door and lay half in the street and half in the footwell looking up at the screws. It didnt do my back much good!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    holland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    ok innes,

    thanks for your answer, i'll give it a try.

    greetz
    mart

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Innes View Post
    I've taken out the blower motor before when I was replacing the Air Recircualting motor (switches between internal and external air). Its not tooooo bad. Its a case of taking off the glove box and a plastic panel on the rightside of the footwell. Unlpug a couple of electrical cables and then undo the 7 screws that attach the motor ti the car. The fiddly thing is the working space. I'm 6"4' and had to put the seat as far back as possible, open the door and lay half in the street and half in the footwell looking up at the screws. It didnt do my back much good!
    On a similar subject - why did you have to change the "Air recirculating motor"? Reason for asking - my Vectra started making a nasty clicking sound from behind the dashboard yesterday - only for a few seconds on startup. I suspect it is something to do with the recirculation system as it was really frosty yesterday and I had the recirculation on to defrost the car and it was the first time it had made the noise. Not had a chance to look closer yet.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Innes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Plymouth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    The recirculation motor has plastic cogs within the motor housing and tends to break and make that clicking noise. My cogs hadnt actually broken but had jumped and the pushed the cover off its housing and snapped the mount. I've bought a 2nd hand one but it too was broken so what I'm planning on doing is putting the old innerds into the new casing as the old innerd work fine and aren't damaged. Its a right pain in the arse to get at though!

  6. #6
    Regular Member felixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    stockport
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by tinus71 View Post
    Hey Guys,

    since a couple of months my interior fan has started to make a irritating noise. I've found some threads in which it was suggested to spray some silicon based spray on the fan, so i did. I helped for a short period but now the noise is back.

    So the time has come to replace the fan, if it isn't too much/difficult to do it by yourself.

    Has anyone experience with this problem and/or replacing it.

    It's a 2004 vec estate 2.2 direct

    thanx

    regards from holland

    mart
    I had the very same problem and sprayed the motor/fan,(via the access you get through the pollen filter),with WD 40 and it worked.I'd even bought a second hand blower motor just in case it didn't,but to date,I've never needed it. FELIXX

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    holland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    hey,

    i soked my fan with WD40 until it came dripping out the drain. The noise is gone for now, hope it stays away.

    greetz
    mart

  8. #8
    Regular Member felixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    stockport
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by tinus71 View Post
    hey,

    i soked my fan with WD40 until it came dripping out the drain. The noise is gone for now, hope it stays away.

    greetz
    mart
    Glad you had a good result.What I do now,is spray electrical contact cleaner through the pollen filter eccess every couple of weeks.
    I use contact cleaner instead of WD40 now because it has a lighter oil in it,and, because it is alcohol based,it disperses quickly.Hope your problem stays away and you have no further issues with it. FELIXX.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra Hatchback

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : Y30DT

    Year : 2004

    Mileage : 289,000

    Default

    Felixx,

    I had a squeeking fan for a while, as many have. There is a large thread here http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21620 which deals with the after effects. As usual in my case the resistor pack overheats and dies.

    Having replaced the fuse I decided to take the motor out and give it a once over. Having taken the housing out of the car I removed the motor from the housing, to find a large amount of copper and carbon dust, from the brushes and commutator.

    Careful cleaning, with a pin, between the copper blocks on the bottom end of the motor and a good blow out, luckly I have an air line, and the motor runs just fine.

    I would recommend to if you can, inspect/clean the motor. This will hopefully stop the resistor pack from over-heating and save you further problems.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 8th September 2012, 12:13
  2. Wheel Alignent or New Tyres? Noise Noise Noise
    By lostdog in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 30th March 2011, 13:29
  3. very annoying noise inside interior
    By corby-boy in forum Bodywork & Interior
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10th August 2009, 18:38
  4. Deep sqeeking noise from the rear
    By Stano in forum Suspension, Wheels & Brakes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22nd February 2007, 19:17

Visitors found this page by searching for:

vectra c air recirculation motor noise

noisey fan on my vecra 2004

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •