0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Please need Advice

From previous posts about crazy parking, i've had enough. http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112704
    It's still going on, what can I do about it, the council say the roads werent designed to hold as many cars, the police just ask them to move, and say call us every time they park like that and we will come out and deal with it, but you should be asking the council to deal with it , getting passed about, loosing patience. Tonight managed to get a space in the bottom of the street, now this might sound sad but it was at the top right hand corner of the street and this is where the idiots double park and force cars to try and squeeze throught the gap, have seen some having to fold in their mirrors to get out. I dont normally park in this space if i can help it but the car across from me was parked a good foot away from the kerb, so i thought no one will double park next to that car, well i was wrong guy with big white van parks next to the car, meaning cars would have to try and squeeze by the white van and my car to get out the street , didn't want to phone police as they have better things to do and would probably take hours to arrive anyway, so desided to move my car to the plentifull spaces at the top of the street, a whole 20 meters away, but not as easy as it sounds, it was so tight i couldnt pass between the van a high kerb, there was no chance of getting by without bumping onto this high kerb on my offside so on the 3 attempt i bumped up on to pavement, was trying not to hit kerb too hard as it's high and didnt want to damage tyre, and shouldn't have done this really, pedal to the floor and flew up the street, i was sooo mad.., now im sure i seen him looking down from his window ias i was trying to mount kerb and he didn't even bother moving his van, it's still parked like that right now, he hasn't moved it. the road is still blocked to an extent. My wife is 5 months pregnant, we had similar issues when she was pregnant 4 years ago with our first they would double park next to our cars knowing she was pregnant, meaning she had to chap their door to get them to move it, and sometimes they wouldn't answer and my wife then had to climb throught the passenger side to get into the drivers side they don't park their cars like that anymore because everytime they did it we called the police and they were warned not to do it anymore. The problems come from 2 households, they block peoples drives abandon their cars when there is no spaces, our house is currently for sale and a major reason for selling up is these idiots, but after slashing 15% off the house it's still not budging, so we might be in the street longer than we had planned, sorry for the big rant needed to let off the steam, so guys any legal eagles, council workers, police can give me advice on what steps to take to resolve this, as it stands the now the bottom of our street is blocked off unless you mount the pavement to get out and thats tight as well because there is a fence there as well. Please guys what can be done......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well u could get someone with a recovery truck and drag the cars onto spec or bed and move them urself iv got similar probs at mo new neibours have 5 cars and iv come home to not a single space on the road for me needless to say iv let out some f@@ks
    feel for u mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the pictures of our street in your original post, you should pester the council to paint big yellow hatch markings where the cars shouldn't park.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with above. police won't do anything unless road laws are violated or a breach of peace occurs when you finally snap

its really a civil issue

so implore your council to help restore neighbourly behaviour

otherwise i guess get some road cones and put them out..... might work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... hope you sort it tho...
    Last edited by bigmac; 16th October 2010 at 10:20. Reason: I would too Lee but you can say that on an open forum lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi fella, i have similar sort of issues in my street. We have 1 family with 2 cars that takes up 4 spaces, and another one that always uses the disabled space all the time, just because its nearest to his house. The problem with people like this is that they dont car about anything other than them selves, and they wont pay any attention to road markings. I've made so many complaints but still it all gets ignored. Im myself m trying to move as certain neighbours are ruining it for everyone. What i do is keep an eye on tax and insurance, can be done via different websites, and the moment something runs out get straight on the fone and grass them up. The other thing im thinking of doing is buying a £50 car and dumping it infront of these cars, yes it will get towed away at some point but it will make me feel better that i've inconvienced them for a bit. I hope you get your problems sorted soon mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. . . .
    Last edited by RobW; 16th October 2010 at 14:09. Reason: wrong thread

North West Regional Organiser paulvectrac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i live on a culdisack they started doin this near my house i brought every white van from my dads company and blocked the hole street for 5 days needless to say they dont do it anymore
    Vectra vxr custome remaps egr deletes dpf and diagnostic work all remaps are custome bench tuning avalible all genuine equipment PM for info

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats one of the suggestions i had some hatching to make it illegal to park outwith the designated spaces, then the police would have to act, and dosen't the council have to stop antisocial behevior, so they should have to do something about it., Only thing is it is a problem for the other people in the street as well as their drives get blocked, but although they moan to me they probably wouldn't take it any further, so i wouldn't get backup from them.

Thread Information