User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Factory fitted lowered suspension spares??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Factory fitted lowered suspension spares??

hey hey. My vec c is fitted with a lowered chassis from the factory im told by vx dealers. Im told this was an optional extra from the factory and not standard on all sri 150's. How true this is im not sure. I do know that two front springs cost me 180 sheets last year from vx dealer (parts only and only came as a pair!) and that the rear brake calipers are different (where the handbrake cable mounts) as a result of the lowered chassis. Does anyone know of anywhere or anyone that may be able to source or have spares for this kit that dont cost the equivalent of my monthly mortgage payment?!?!? Im needing two rear shocks as the back end is feeling like a jack in the box at the mo!

Also whilst im here! from time to time when idling after 5 mile or so motorway journey the car will start to smoke very heavily and the exhaust note changed considerably under acceleration. the beast smokes to extent that im being flashed and given single fingingered salutes from the peeps behind me!! smoke is white ish in colour and there is a smell of heat whilst this is going on. can last maybe a mile or so sometimes longer. car drops slightly in power but no other issues. no fault codes. oil levels ok. fuel comsumption ok. any ideas???

thanks in advance
    kojak

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

lower than a standered sri ?? not sure about that, thier is sri which is 20 mm lower than other vectras and thier is vectras with IDS if you have IDS you will have a sport button on your dash.

If you dont have a sport button you just need some bilstien B4 rear shocks at about £30 a corner on the rear.

When as the car last serviced ? it sounds like you have a DPF fitted that is regenerating hence the smoke does your mpg drop through the floor when this happens ?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by kojak01 View Post
    My vec c is fitted with a lowered chassis from the factory im told by vx dealers. Im told this was an optional extra from the factory and not standard on all sri 150's
    The SRI has what is known as "sports suspension"
    This comes as standard on the SXi, SRi, and GSi

I cannot find an optional extra for the "chassis" specific to the sports suspension
    The only optional extra I can find is for the estate, on the other trim levels

Many of the parts are different between the standard chassis and the sports suspension chassis
    This seems to catch the dealership I use virtually all the time, but as parts are replaced I am making a list so that they get the right parts before I return for them to be fitted

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

on a 2004 model unless its an estate it wouldnt have the dpf at this year...
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now partially open and able to provide services

Come Join our new forum Insignia Owners.com for all your Insignia chat and needs

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SRi

Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

Year : 2004

Mileage : 137000

and that the rear brake calipers are different (where the handbrake cable mounts) as a result of the lowered chassis.
    LOL, what a load of horse....... The rear calipers, and the fronts for that matter are the same on all cars except 2.0T's and V6's. It doesn't matter is you have an SRi or a LS, brakes are matched to the engine not the trim level.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

hey hey. My vec c is fitted with a lowered chassis from the factory im told by vx dealers. Im told this was an optional extra from the factory and not standard on all sri 150's. How true this is im not sure. I do know that two front springs cost me 180 sheets last year from vx dealer (parts only and only came as a pair!) and that the rear brake calipers are different (where the handbrake cable mounts) as a result of the lowered chassis. Does anyone know of anywhere or anyone that may be able to source or have spares for this kit that dont cost the equivalent of my monthly mortgage payment?!?!? Im needing two rear shocks as the back end is feeling like a jack in the box at the mo!

Also whilst im here! from time to time when idling after 5 mile or so motorway journey the car will start to smoke very heavily and the exhaust note changed considerably under acceleration. the beast smokes to extent that im being flashed and given single fingingered salutes from the peeps behind me!! smoke is white ish in colour and there is a smell of heat whilst this is going on. can last maybe a mile or so sometimes longer. car drops slightly in power but no other issues. no fault codes. oil levels ok. fuel comsumption ok. any ideas???

thanks in advance
    kojak
    First question do you have a sport button?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks guys but hang on rushy.... aint a load of "horse". vauxhall dealers x3 in my area all told me that my model has different rear callipers fitted due to the suspension. was given a trade price around 230 quid PER rear calliper. tried all my local aftermarket suppliers and non of them kept or listed the correct calliper. eventually had it rebuilt by a firm in newcastle. nothing special about calliper just that securing arm for cable is different and cable attaches to calliper differently. having been a tech in the game for the last 12 years i am aware that the brakes are matched to the engine rather than the trim level. lol

the car is an estate and is fitted with the dpf but until recently the car has never chucked out reek. im more than aware that dpf's will whack out reek from time to time during regen but as i say just a bit concerning that it should start now.

i have priced the rear shocks with vx a couple of weeks back and was told that i have to get the colour markings off the old units to ensure they price the right shocks. told prices range from 80 to 220 quid (choice of 3 shocks suposedly!) reckon the vx boy was on something but he seemed to think he was right.

Iv always had trouble getting parts for this car ie springs etc. i have also looked through optional extras and cant find any listing. car does sit pretty low and sticks like s**t to a blanket in the corners considering its size and weight. every vx dealer i try say it has some lowered set up that aint standard but no one seems to be able to tell me anything about it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Facelift

Trim : Elite

Engine : CDTi 150

Year : 2005

Mileage : 71000

mine came with the sports suspension + plus 18" wheels (option) but it's an Elite

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by john.robertson2 View Post
    First question do you have a sport button?
    no sport button fitted. car is otherwise a standard 150bhp cdti sri estate.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As John says, is it fitted with a sport button?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information