Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default FAO 2.0 turbo owners..

I have been out having a look at what turbo was fitted to my car - it turns out that it is the mistubishi TD04 which was kind of expected being a facelift but still nice seeing it sitting their

Nige, i know you have been speaking to Neo about tuning stages etc - i phoned them too ages ago but cannot mind what they said so what tuning options do we people with the TD04 turbo have? Im sure i remember something along the lines of 270Bhp but can you mind what is involved in getting this Bhp and what kind of price are we talking

Cheers

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

Trim : top of the line in both

Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

Year : 2006

you can get 265BHP from that with a Maptun Stage 4 map.. To achieve that figure though you will need to have the light green coloured injectors, a 3" downpipe with sportscat plus a cat back exhaust system and some kind of performance panel filter in your airbox. The map itself is about £550.

The downpipe is the issue, BSR sell them but getting somebody to actually return your phone call when you enquire and they say that so and so knows and about them and he will get him to call you etc. The number listed for them on the net is answered by a company who calls themselves Nordic. Neo Brothers sell a downpipe for £510 but will not guarantee it to fit. MIJ had said they would make one but when i asked how much it would be for a Vec C member I never heard from them again. I PMed them on here a couple of days ago referring to their downpipe thread stating that there was growing interest on here for these downpipes for the Z20NET. I have not heard from them yet, I will pester them again in few days. Its a amazing that in a such difficult economic times that the service in this country still stinks and companies cannot be bothered to sell you something when you keep asking them for it.

HTH
    My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709

Regular Member accveccysriturbo's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Following this with interest guys after my 2k tax rebate. I over paid so spending time.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Call Nordic(BSR) and ask to speak to Justin if he still works there. Mention Vec-C and he should be able to sort you out.

Nige all this talk of 2.0T tuning is tempting me to start spending money again, but the threat of another disappointment is all too much to bear, but I do hope you get great returns as the engine is calling for upgrades.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mark, is yours standard or do you have a stage 1 already?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have stage 1 now, but did have stage 3(BSR) and it was a let down. Stage 1 was faster than 3 and although I had some clutch slip it was IMHO a complete waste of my money. I still have the downpipe and exhaust fitted, but I sold the injectors. So I could give it another go with Maptun, but I'd need a new clutch to take the extra strain and then buy more kit. Considering I paid BSR over £100 for the BSR map that I now have no use for I can't go down the road of spending the cash again.

I'm thinking of what my next car will be TBH.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_nige View Post
    you can get 265BHP from that with a Maptun Stage 4 map.. To achieve that figure though you will need to have the light green coloured injectors, a 3" downpipe with sportscat plus a cat back exhaust system and some kind of performance panel filter in your airbox. The map itself is about £550.

The downpipe is the issue, BSR sell them but getting somebody to actually return your phone call when you enquire and they say that so and so knows and about them and he will get him to call you etc. The number listed for them on the net is answered by a company who calls themselves Nordic. Neo Brothers sell a downpipe for £510 but will not guarantee it to fit. MIJ had said they would make one but when i asked how much it would be for a Vec C member I never heard from them again. I PMed them on here a couple of days ago referring to their downpipe thread stating that there was growing interest on here for these downpipes for the Z20NET. I have not heard from them yet, I will pester them again in few days. Its a amazing that in a such difficult economic times that the service in this country still stinks and companies cannot be bothered to sell you something when you keep asking them for it.

HTH
    Cheers for this Nige - now that i have checked the turbo, im starting to get interested in giving the tuning a shot again, i will check what injectors i have in the car tomorrow.

As it stands i would need a downpipe with sports cat, possibly new exhaust (as i dont think my current one is up to the job), possibly injectors, sports filter and the remap itself - this will then give 265Bhp and 370Nm.

Any idea how the clutch will cope with this extra power/torque?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mark1319 View Post
    Have stage 1 now, but did have stage 3(BSR) and it was a let down. Stage 1 was faster than 3 and although I had some clutch slip it was IMHO a complete waste of my money. I still have the downpipe and exhaust fitted, but I sold the injectors. So I could give it another go with Maptun, but I'd need a new clutch to take the extra strain and then buy more kit. Considering I paid BSR over £100 for the BSR map that I now have no use for I can't go down the road of spending the cash again.

I'm thinking of what my next car will be TBH.
    Mark you must be well into the 100k miles by now, so no real shaming to your clutch i suppose...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

Trim : top of the line in both

Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

Year : 2006

Maptun state that you will not need to consider a clutch upgrade unless you go to a stage 5 or 6 remap, but they a require an even bigger turbo and more expensive bits anyway. You would not need to go out and get a different type or uprated clutch straight way, you wait until you need one, if you need one. The advise i got was that if i went to 285bhp with a stage 5 map i should consider an uprated clutch at my next clutch change but its not a requirement for the stage 4...

I will be chasing up BSR and MIJ again this week to see what the deal is going to be with regards to these downpipes..
    My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Mark you must be well into the 100k miles by now, so no real shaming to your clutch i suppose...
    Passed 100k many moons ago Steven LOL. Think it was over 80k when I fitted stage 3, the clutch doesn't miss a beat at stage 1 and if I was to go further with it I'd probably get a VXR clutch at the very minimum, but hopefully the clutch has got plenty more life in it.

Cars been bullet proof TBH, can't fault it at all and she doesn't get bubble wrapped when being driven either LOL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information